Author Topic: Dead Earth The Campaign  (Read 12632 times)

maggieloo72

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • I'm a newbie...
    • Email
Re: Dead Earth The Campaign
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2010, 04:32:17 AM »
Jasmine stretches and walks around for a minute to wake up. Not a bad night's sleep for an old rest area's floor, but there is still worry in the back of her mind. She sits back down to munch on the half trail ration left from last night while her mind ponders the complexity of the group's predicament.
[spoiler]listen (1d20+14=18)
spot (1d20+14=15)[/spoiler]
"Damn it. Why don't I have a flashlight?"

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2010, 04:27:36 PM »
As Jasmine walks about the camp the sun begins to rise over the horizon. Faint sun light drips into the windows allowing for more sight. However, she see's nothing from the windows but the bikes sitting outside. Neither does she hear anything. Her shift passes uneventful.

Leon, like clockwork, immediately stands up and begins packing his things. "I take it everything went well since I didn't have to wake up in the middle of the night to kill anything", he jokes. "Wake up Kid"! He yells.

It's time for the party to wake up.
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2010, 04:42:12 PM »
"Nothing exciting on my shift," Jasmine replies. "But I'm ready to get on the road again. This town doesn't seem to have much to offer us."
Jasmine sees the laptop open on the floor and walks toward it. "What is this out for?"

a2j_8712

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2010, 06:37:16 PM »
The kid rolls over and lifts up with a decent amount of drool on his face and mutters "I rekun eets taim tuh gow.  I ain't shawt nuuthin ein a whul."

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2010, 07:53:43 PM »
"Didn't you just shoot something yesterday? Ya know, with that big snipe of yours?"
Jasmine moves to nudge Keys awake. "I already ate on my watch. You guys should munch before we head out. Where exactly are we headed next--who has the map?"
She walks to the door and pulls it open a crack to check outside.
[spoiler]spot (1d20+14=29)
[spoiler]what's crazy is that i crossed my fingers and said, "29, 29, 29..." that's right. i'm magic for real.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »
Keys rolls over and begins packing his things. Then he tells the rest of the party to come near him. As soon as they're all gathered around he puts a finger to his lips and shows them the messages from his shift. While they're reading he eats his ration.

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2010, 03:08:41 AM »
Jasmine takes a quick look around and sees nothing but the bikes sitting there as before.

As Key's shows the messages to the party Leon stops, food from his ration falling from his gaping mouth. He finally stops, shakes his head, and looks to Key's. "I think we should head into the city and see if we can't find some equipment". After that he mouths, This is not good.

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2010, 05:00:13 PM »
Jasmine reads through the message and her eyes grow wide and worried. "Yea, I'm sure the city will have some things of use," she says in reply to Leon. She then begins packing her things. "We should leave soon, then."

a2j_8712

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2010, 08:56:29 PM »
The kid packs his things and eats a half ration.  "Uh nevur wus muCH awn read'n, But um readay tuh gow get sum stuuff."  When he is finished he takes a start toward the bikes.
[spoiler]Spot then Listen (1d20+10=15, 1d20+2=22)[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2010, 09:15:34 PM »
From what The Kid can tell it looks all clear.

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2010, 09:51:58 PM »
Dr. Keys packs his things up and falls in behind the party.

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2010, 02:40:09 AM »
Leon sits on the back of one of the bikes, God knows he can't drive, and whips out his sword. "Come on baby", he jests at Jasmine, "If we get close to one drive close, I wanna see if I can cut it's head off". He looks to over to the party, "Two rations says I can take it's head off with one swing on this bike! Any takers"?

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2010, 02:59:58 AM »
Keys laughs and shakes his head the way a grandfather would watching his grandson do something foolish, shakes his head and gets on the bike. "Who's got the map?"

a2j_8712

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2010, 03:22:01 AM »
"Yeeeehaaaaaaa.  I gots eit."  The kid says as he climbs on the bike and directs the party.

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2010, 04:29:32 AM »
Jasmine laughs, for the first time in a while, at Leon as she takes 10 minutes to memorize the map. She then straps her backpack and guns in place and hops on the bike to crank it up. She revs the engine and says to Keys, "Alright, follow  me. We need to get a move on."
[spoiler]drive check (1d20+6=9)[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2010, 04:53:56 PM »
[spoiler]Don't need a drive check to start up the bikes and go since Jasmine's and Key's ranks are both above the DC for this simple task, because both of you are used to driving the bikes now.[/spoiler]

The party drives the bikes out the exit and onto the road. An empty liquor bottle is lying on the side of the road, close to where The Kid saw those lights last night when he heard the noise on his watch. As the party approaches the city via highway they see the desolate, skeletal buildings in the distance. Most of the taller ones are falling apart on top of each other or are mere remnants of their former selves. The street is littered with trash, vandalism, rusty broken down cars, and the general mayhem of the aftermath of the initial undead attack. The party however, has only heard legends of those apocalyptic days.

a2j_8712

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2010, 10:25:24 PM »
"WWooooooaaaaaaoooo."  The kid tilts his head back and lets out a ridiculous yell.  The wind in his hair seems to pull the animal out of him as his skin slowly begins to scale over.
[spoiler]Spot (1d20+10=17)[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2010, 04:42:58 AM »
"Hey! If we see any other survivors you better cut that shit out"! Leon yells over the wind as he sees The Kid mutate after his ridiculous, and quite hideous yell. Leon mumbled to himself afterward, "Not that we'll see any here I'm sure...".

Everyone knew the cities were bad news. That's where most of the undead collected. In fact as they rode into the city they began to see the entire streets filled with undead. As the motorcycles drove by the hordes of undead began chasing them. "Shit, shit"! Leon roared, "Faster, faster go God damn it, Go"! These were the new zombies that had begun appearing as of lately. The virus had mutated somehow and now they were stronger, tougher.

Faster.

The Kid is able to make out out what appears to be a subterranean tunnel ahead. Most of it is blocked off by a congregation of old vehicles, as if they were all trying to exit via the tunnel but something had happened. He can also see a left path and right path that branches off from the road, but he can't see anything else at this point. That is, besides the unholy God load of zombies chasing them.

"Maybe we should have left the bikes outside town", Leon says into Jasmine's ear.

[spoiler]I need Drive checks from the drivers if you guys plan on trying to outrun the horde. P.S. Don't fail.[/spoiler]

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2010, 05:59:45 PM »
"Oh, shit," Jasmine says. She tries to look to see where either of the paths off the road head, letting her eyes take the form of their mutated state. [spoiler]spot (1d20+14=32)[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2010, 06:17:19 PM »
As they move a little further on Jasmine's uncanny eye sight makes out the paths. To the left the road suddenly disappears, the city being swallowed by a forest. Thanks to her ever sharp eyes she can actually make a sign out in the brush, it reads n-ti-nal pa-k.

To the right the path breaks off into the city. There is some large buildings, one that looks extremely fortified. Another old rusted sign reads Fo-t Co--ins. There is also a large cement looking structure that looks very stable despite the wearing of everything else. It has many levels and some cars on sitting on some of the levels.

Ahead is the tunnel that appears to go underground. It is pitch black in there and there appears to be no clear path because of the cars. One would have to jump from car to car to get in and after that...no clue.

[spoiler]God damn your ridiculous spot.[/spoiler]