Author Topic: Dead Earth The Campaign  (Read 12710 times)

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
Re: Dead Earth The Campaign
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2010, 04:35:29 AM »
As Dr. Keys steps into the hall way and looks around he sees a Creaper at the far right, hanging above a toilet stall.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 04:37:05 AM by ragincajun2288 »
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2010, 05:02:05 AM »
Dr. Keys Shoots that mother fucker!

[spoiler]    Attack (1d20+8=18)[/spoiler]
[spoiler]    Damage (2d8+4=14)[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010, 05:13:28 AM »
As Keys steps around the corner he sees the outline of the of the creature quite clearly thanks to the dim lighting from the window behind it. The Good Doctor wastes no time in firing his powerful mossberg, the buck spray taking the creature full force. The other Creaper shrieks it's hideous scream again and turns toward Keys, it's tongue swinging wildly and angrily.

maggieloo72

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2010, 05:29:42 AM »
Jasmine runs up to the left of the doctor to see the danger. She raises her desert eagle to shoot at the disgusting being ahead.
[spoiler]to hit (1d20+9=25)[spoiler]damage (2d8+5=13)[/spoiler][/spoiler]
As a free action, she also glances around in order to check her surroundings.
[spoiler][url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2516326/]spot (1d20+14=16)
((YUCK))[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2010, 05:45:22 AM »
[spoiler]Wow those are some shitty rolls. Gotta pray to the invisible castle gods my love. [/spoiler]

Jasmine comes around the corner to assist her comrade, with a quick glance she fires. The loud report of the Deagle is deafening in the rest area. But her bullet strikes the Creaper in it's chest. The necrotic mammalian humanoid spider falls to the ground and begins shaking. It's claws swing in the air as it lies on his back.

[spoiler]Technically the rounds can end as of now. You may walk and do actions in real time. This doesn't mean, however, that all danger is gone. We've done this before playing table top. Somethings things get back up if you don't make sure they are dead, and sometimes there is just something else around the corner. You never know. Especially with me.  :D[/spoiler]

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2010, 01:27:16 PM »
Dr. Keys replaces the spent shell in his gun and loads a new one making his box full. (twss) Then walks over the the first dead creeper and stops it's face in. Then he says, "Does anyone have a light or a torch or something?"

a2j_8712

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2010, 05:30:32 PM »
"Sory dewd i ain gaat no flashlaat but i do wawna sweech muh guns."  The kid then puts the Barett away in exchange for his carbine as he looks around the room.
[spoiler]Spot (1d20+10=17)[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2010, 02:39:49 AM »
The lighting is quite dark in the rest area. The only visibility is where the windows allow the faint light from outside in. The Kid sees the rusted metal of the sinks and the broken porcelain from where someone was vandalizing it. There is also lots of obscene graffiti and messages such as, "Karen, if you're reading this I couldn't wait any longer. I'm sorry. Try to meet me at Grand Junction, I hear they have a base there that is safe". Below this message though is another that reads, "Grand Junction is filled with the dead".

The bathroom stalls line the sides. Some are open and empty, some are falling apart, a couple are closed. The Kid can't make out anything in the lighting however.

Leon walks up and smirks at The Kid. "What you don't want to hold that cannon on your hip anymore? Crazy fucking kid, least you blew the fuck out of that Creaper. Better save what little ammo you have of that though, we may end up needing you to snipe something". Leon walks over to Keys and smiles. "I don't know why we didn't do this ages ago". He pulls out a flashlight and some duct tape from his backpack and tapes the flashlight underneath the barrel. "There you go Doc, got light to light up something now".

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2010, 02:59:59 AM »
[spoiler]i definitely just rolled a 1 on my listen check.... so, scratch that![/spoiler]
Jasmine looks around, thankful for the flashlight. "Good idea, Leon," she says. "That will come in handy. Let's check the building before we decide to settle in."
[spoiler]come on, good rolls....search (1d20+10=20)ugh.[/spoiler]

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2010, 02:54:46 PM »
Dr. Keys smiles at leon and nods his head. Now with improved lighting...
[spoiler]    Search (1d20+12=18)[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2010, 03:39:53 PM »
Leon begins kicking stall doors in for Keys as the Doctor uses his new found light to peer inside each one, shotgun raised and ready to slay. Suddenly a sharp whisper breaks the air. They turn to see Jasmine waving them over. There is a pair of legs under the stall she is looking at. They all nod to each other and Leon kicks the stall in, Keys points his shotgun in.

A dead man. A dead, dead man. And it looked recent. A bloody hole goes from below his chin to out the top of his head where an exit wound has created a mess. Ragged chunks have been taken out of his side, neck, legs, probably where the Creapers had been snacking on him. He is dressed in a white coat and has a name tag on. It says: Doctor Finch".

Keys's Search
[spoiler]You find a digital audio recorder lying on the ground near his feet. Also in one of his pockets you find 5 chemical light sticks.[/spoiler]

Jasmine's Search
[spoiler]You pick up a pistol that fell behind the toilet. It's a Colt 45., 2d6 damage, 20 crit, range 30ft, magazine 7 box, small weapon, 3lbs. There is currently six bullets in the clip. You can drop the gun and keep the ammo, but only if you have another gun that uses 45. shells. If nothing else remember that guns in good condition are worth Trade Value.[/spoiler]

"What the fuck..." Leon says, trailing off in wonder.

a2j_8712

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2010, 05:57:11 PM »
"Gawd dam bouh.  I'd laik tuh pluy wid dat tape thung thur.  Souwnds laik fuun.  Ai reckun I'll jus ceep surchin fer sum'm kewl n thu meentum."  The kid is feeling fatigued from attempting to use "big" words so he keeps quiet as he scavenges for "kewl stuph."
[spoiler]Search (1d20+7=13)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 05:58:56 PM by a2j_8712 »

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2010, 06:56:19 PM »
Dr. Keys picks up the light sticks and the recorder. He places the light sticks in his pack and then begins to study the recorder.

[spoiler]    Computer use. (1d20+4=13)[/spoiler]

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2010, 09:35:47 PM »
Jasmine picks up the Colt 45 ((as a song about smoking that tumbleweed somehow comes to mind.. haha.. anyone?)) and places it in her back holster. "Thanks, old man," she says quietly to sad remains in the stall.
[spoiler]grrrrr. invisible castle doesn't like me. spot (1d20+14=16) well, are there any other doors/ rooms around?[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2010, 04:50:56 PM »
The Kid searches around but is only able to find random trash lying around for the most part. As he is about to give up though he finds a crowbar in one of the toilets and a can of spray paint lying near it.

Jasmine looks around but only sees more stalls. The only exits to the rest area are the three doors in front. The main door the party came in is still lying half open.

It's getting very dark now and quite hard to see unless Key's is shining his flashlight. But currently he is investigating the digital audio recorder. He finds the play button and turns it on. Nothing...he rewinds it all the way first and turns it on.

A scared, broken voice emits from it. Weak with hunger and fatigue.

"I've made a mistake. Creating the program was possibly the worst thing I've ever done. Now nothing I can do will redeem me. (In the background the shrieks of Creapers are heard. It's quiet save for the ragged breathe of the man, then he continues). The program is manipulative, already I fear it has spread. If Tom, The Joker was here, I'm sure he could stop it. His hacking skills were unparalleled but I fear he is dead, he never returned from his last mission. (He laughs, it's the laugh of a man who has nothing left). This broken world is our father's fault and now we're paying the price for it. Is there any hope left? Only the AI's can crack the code, but it seems they've all gone rogue. The Red Knight, The White Queen, The Black Rook, The Blue Bishop...now we're the pawns. (A long pause here...then) Maybe there is redemption. If anyone finds this who has the power...it's your responsibility now. X-23 is the code.

*BANG*!

The tape goes silent.

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2010, 07:21:51 PM »
Jasmine turns to stand with the group looking pensive after hearing the tape recorder. With her desert eagle strapped to her back shoulder, one M-9 on each hip, her 92F on her thigh, and the newly found 45 on her back belt holster, she was a walking arsenal, a well armed attentive cyclone capable of spraying out bullets at a rapid pace. She catches Leon's approving eye and smiles faintly before turning to Keys.

"The Red Knight, the Blue Bishop?... There's more to this than I thought. The Joker? Don't we have his computer?" She walks toward the door and says, "Who wants to help me bring the stuff in and set up camp in here? I'm exhausted."
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 07:24:31 PM by maggieloo72 »

a2j_8712

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2010, 07:50:24 PM »
"I reckun awl hep yuh setchur kaimp up."  The kid says as he takes a start toward the door.  All the while he's thinking of what he can do to the building later with his new old can of spray paint.

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2010, 02:11:30 AM »
Jasmine steps a quarter-way out of the door and checks around before going to the bikes.
[spoiler]spot (1d20+14=19)[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2010, 05:41:00 AM »
It's pretty dark when she exits. The sun is mostly below the horizon and the trees don't help. She makes out vague shapes in the dark that she assumes are the motorcycles and most likely are.

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2010, 07:02:38 PM »
"Alright Kid," Jasmine says, "let's hurry and get our bags. It's pretty dark and I don't want to take too long." She runs to the bikes and grabs the stuff off one bike, taking care to be gentle with her backpack (and the laptop inside it).