Author Topic: Dead Earth The Campaign  (Read 12697 times)

maggieloo72

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • I'm a newbie...
    • Email
Re: Dead Earth The Campaign
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2010, 12:43:25 AM »
Jasmine sees the horde getting closer and jumps up to prevent some progress. She aims at two oncoming zombies, praying for more time. "Stay back, and DIE!!"
[spoiler]She  takes a free 5-foot step into M-36 and fires at M-31 and N-32.
deagle shot at N-32 (1d20+9=20, 2d8+5=14)
M-9 shot at M-31(1d20+7=17, 2d6+5=14)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 12:56:33 AM by maggieloo72 »

a2j_8712

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2010, 02:24:54 AM »
The kid keeps his carbine propped on the motorcycle and aims toward a zombie that Jasmine just shot at.  He fires and "Woo-haaa!" lets out a ridiculous yell of excitement.
[spoiler]Carbine shot at N-32 (1d20+12=24)[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Damage +4 (1d8=4, 1d8=8)[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2010, 01:10:55 PM »
The sounds of gun fire echo loudly around Leon. His allies had begun the fight. With spryness that would belie his large size Leon jumps back away from the zombie, rolling backwards and away from it.

[spoiler]1d20+2=11. Okay, failed the tumble check so I provoke an AoO.

Ha ha ha ha. Lol wow he so did not hit Leon's AC though. [/spoiler]

The undead monster takes a wild swing at the escaping Leon but the clawed hand slices through nothing but air. Leon rolls up to his feet and turns and runs until he reaches his blade sticking up in the ground. He drops his compound bow on the bike and turns to his face his sword. Just you wait motha fucka's.

[spoiler]Leon used a tumble check to roll away from an enemy, then used the rest of his turn to use an extra move action and run back to O-36. Dropped his compound bow on the bike as a free action. (Dropping an item is a free action). [/spoiler]
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2010, 03:16:54 PM »
Keys tries the door again...
[spoiler]Computer Use (1d20+4=17)[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2010, 10:06:44 PM »
Jasmine raises her guns and takes careful aim. Two rounds fly. One taking a zombie to the chest, the other slamming into one's neck. Both of the zombie's look like they took some hard damage and another good round would take them out.

The Kid follows up by loosing another shot at one of the zombies Jasmine struck. The zombie with a hole in it's chest now discovers it has one in it's head as well. Coagulated blood and bits of gray brain material explode out from the exit wound and the monster falls.

Keys splices and continues to punch in codes. Electricity sparks and the keypad beeps. The light comes on: It's red. Access denied. At this point the Doctor is relatively positive he may not have the necessary required skill to open the door.

Leon rolls up and drops his bow with the other gear then turns to face his blade, ready to snatch it up.

The horde advances yet again. At this close distance you can see the hunger in their eyes. They seem to get a burst of speed as they all charge you.

Two undead reach Jasmine and swing their claws at her. Jasmine deftly dodges one attack but the other strikes her. It only rakes her through her shirt... to reveal her concealable vest!

Two zombies are also attacking The Kid. One approaches him from the front trying to bite him. Another approaches from behind him. The first one looks into the second one's eyes and The Kid notices the glance, it says: Flank him. The new pack instinct is terrifying. The Kid uses the butt of his rifle to push the biter back. The one from behind however swings a claw and slashes The Kid for 7 points of damage!

A couple of zombies reach Leon and begin swinging at the warrior as well. Leon deftly dodges one blow but as he does he catches a claw from another on the shoulder. The claws bite deep for 9 points of damage! Leon's grunts loudly in pain.

[spoiler]Map's Updated. Mark your ammo. Mark your HP loss. Maggie's lucky.

Round 3 Begins.[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 02:14:40 PM by ragincajun2288 »

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2010, 05:22:26 PM »
Jasmine, thankful for the concealable vest, takes a step back. She crosses her right arm over her left and fires the Desert Eagle and M-9 at the oncoming zombies.
[spoiler]
now in M-37.
Deagle at M-35 1d20+9=13, 2d8+5=19
M-9 at L-35 1d20+9=20, 2d6+5=12 [/spoiler]

a2j_8712

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2010, 08:58:06 PM »
The kid winces at the pain and is growing to accept the idea that he could very well die soon. That doesn't stop him however as he fires a shot at the zombie who is right next to him.
[spoiler]aiming at M-35 if he's still alive if not just go on to the next one.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Attack (1d20+10=11)[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Gheen daa[/spoiler]

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2010, 11:59:25 PM »
Keys shouts, "The door is fucked i cant get it!" He turns around raising his shotgun and fires.
[spoiler]Shot at L-35 (1d20+8=20)[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Damage (2d8+4=20)[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2010, 01:39:26 PM »
[spoiler] Crimson's Heads AC negated by -2 this round due to charging.

Leon's first strike. 1d20+9=23, 2d6+9=16

Then Cleave on to another.

Leon's second strike. 1d20+9=14, 2d6+9=18[/spoiler]

Jasmine, going all Grammaton Cleric style, fires away at the nearby zombies. The Deagle's bullet slams into a zombie, blowing a large clean hole in it's chest. How the monster is still standing is beyond you. The other bullet strikes a zombie's stomach. It looks like a good shot but the undead merely looks at her menacingly...as if it can feel hate.

The Kid pushes on, not willing to give up, and tries to fire his carbine in close quarters but misses in all the cluster fuck that is the battle.

As the good Doctor spins he raises his shotgun and fires. The heavy ammo slams into the zombie who was giving that hater glare to Jasmine, blowing the monster's head completely off. A more appropriate saying would be to say the creature's head completely disintegrated from it's body.

Leon roars and snatches up his blade, the weight of it in his hands a very comfortable feeling. He spins the blade gracefully and brings it down upon the wounded zombie standing in front of him. This is the undead that Jasmine had put a bullet through it's neck. Now it has a blade through it. Ka-sing! The creature's head flies through the air. Leon continues with the motion and slashes another opponent across it's chest. The zombie bares it's teeth animalistically as Leon's blade cuts through it's chest. It remains standing, however. Leon stays in this position, at least he can't be completely surrounded with the bikes and his allies behind him.

The undead monsters recover from their charge and begin attacking the party again. An undead tries his hand at biting Jasmine. He latches onto her forearm and sinks his teeth into her for 8 points of damage!. She cries out and kicks the monster back, one handing going to her to arm to put pressure on it. She is very thankful they are now immune to the disease.

One of the monsters standing next to Jasmine decides to take a swing at the Doctor as one of his pack latches onto Jasmine. His clawed hand rakes across Key's chest for 7 points damage!

Two zombies begin slashing at The Kid, hoping to take him down so they can feast on his fresh, warm flesh. The Kid raises his carbine and swings it through the air, knocking their clawed hands away. "Ha ha!"

Two zombies also try to cut Leon down but they are met with sad results as well as the warrior raises his blade, blocking both their attacks Samurai Jack style. Leon grunts in exertion and awaits his chance to strike these monsters down. But he is worried, they are becoming quite surrounded.

As the monsters close in a gun shot rings out in the air and the zombie that was originally attacking Jasmine suddenly slams into the ground, it's head missing. A loud voice cries out, breaking through the pandemonium, and a rope ladder appears from the top of the fort. "COME ON", the voice yells loudly. Looking up to see the source of the male voice you only see a silhouette in the sun, someone holding a large rifle and something in his mouth that appears to be a cigar, a rare luxury if it is.

[spoiler]There is now an exit. Breaking from combat will provoke an AoO, so shooting your way through is advisable. To climb the ladder is a move action, getting all the way to the top takes two move actions. Mark off ammo for the round and HP if you were struck. These guys are rolling pretty horribly luckily for ya'll. M-35 and P-35 appears to be badly damaged. All their AC's are back to normal as is now officially...

Round 4 Begins. John's initiative is at the top of the round but his turn for this round has been used already to throw the rope ladder down and pick off a zombie. [/spoiler]

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:16:21 PM by ragincajun2288 »

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2010, 02:26:54 PM »
Keys ejects the spent shell and takes aim again.
[spoiler]Attack M-36 (1d20+8=17)
Damage (2d8+4+1=12)
If the creature dies Keys moves to K-37 if not move to L-37[/spoiler]

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2010, 05:57:28 PM »
Jasmine breathes a sigh of relief as she sees the man on top of the building. She uncrosses her arms and fires off two more rounds at the nearby undead before moving quickly to the base of the ladder.
[spoiler]Desert Eagle shot at J-37:1d20+9=22, 2d8+5=14
M-9 shot at M-36: 1d20+7=24, 2d6+5=12
Moved to K-37[/spoiler]

a2j_8712

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2010, 08:33:50 PM »
The kid fires a shot at the zombie that is right next to him and then attempts to flee right behind the good doctor.
[spoiler]Attack M-35 (1d20+10=24)[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Damage + 4 (1d8=7, 1d8=3)[/url[/spoiler]
When the zombie dies he follows closely behind the doctor.  M-37

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2010, 11:14:52 PM »
Jasmine continues her barrage, letting another two shells fly. Both zombies are struck. One buckling momentarily as a shell strikes his knee, the other recoiling as he is struck in the shoulder. The one at M-36 snarls and swings at her as she attempts to run past it. His clawed hand rakes across her fleeing back for 6 points of damage!

Key's raises his shotgun at the zombie that struck Jasmine, a snarl on his lips as well as the shotgun let's a resounding boom break the air, and then the zombie's torso is blown in half. He follows after Jasmine now that the threat is gone.

The Kid's carbine sees to it that the zombie that has been attacking him is now dispatched. A shell causes the creature's head to explode and it's body falls to the ground, nerves twitching. As The Kid leaves M-34's threatened space the monster swings at him but misses as The Kid ducks away!

Leon snarls, swinging his blade at the undead to hold them off. "Go go"! He yells to his allies. "I'll hold the ladder"! His blade sings through the air, cutting his previously wounded opponent down and slashing another to the ground as well. Leon then withdraws, blocking one blow from a zombie and escaping before another can catch him. "Ha ha"! He yells excitedly, adrenaline pumping through his veins. He appears beside The Kid and slaps his ass to get him moving. "Let's go Kid"!

However Leon knows there is only one way he is getting out of this if he's guarding the ladder. The large warrior begins mutating, his body twisting and contorting until he is shaped like a Creaper. He only hopes the man on the roof won't get too excited and shoot him too.

The horde moves in for the kill. This is the most dangerous part for their prey. The zombie by the ladder swings at Jasmine and slashes her across her shoulder for 8 points of damage!

The zombie behind Key's tries to bite him but Key's spins around and puts the butt of his shotgun in the monster's face instead.

Another undead chasing The Kid swings at him but The Kid is too quick, putting distance between him and the zombie so the undead monster only hits air.

Two zombies next to Leon jump towards him. One has an outstretched mouth, sharp teeth moving to bite him. Leon kicks him back but as he turns the other undead slashes him for 7 points of damage! Leon grimaces but pushes on.

The man at the top of the building shouts out again, "Only two on the ladder at time, come on"!

[spoiler]P-34 is injured badly.
J-37 by the ladder has also been injured.

Round 5: Same order except now "the man" has joined, he is at the top of the initiative. The map has been updated. [/spoiler]

JohnTarkin

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2010, 01:57:19 AM »
    "Chaos"

The word flickers into Johns mind as he observes the scene below. It would appear that he had arrived just in time. People screaming, guns blasting, and zombies crying out for blood. John wasn't usually the helping type. It was usually more trouble than it was worth, plus he had gotten used to being alone. But he had just had some very odd occurrences take place and he was curious if these folks had any clues for him... and also he thought one of those buffoons looked familiar when he had peered through the 8x powered scope on his M4 Assault Carbine.

John is a big man. Just over six feet and powerfully built. A rugged gray beard wraps his chin and a head of salt and pepper hair (mostly salt) makes him look a little more wise than he probably is. His face is edged and sharp with a prominent scar running from just above his eyebrow to the center of his cheek that he had received from a particularity nasty little bastard of a zombie. John is dressed (as usual) in military grade clothes. Long black cargo pants with pockets to store ammo, a grenade or two, and his precious cigars and flask of course, Heavy black boots, a dark gray shirt that had seen better days, a leather jacket to provide some protection, and a rucksack on his back that housed the various other tools of destruction and ingenuity. He wore a holster on his left hip that kept his "Sweetheart" (A Desert Eagle .50) and his M4 was usually resting diagonally across his chest held in place by a strap that went around his shoulder, his back, and down to his hip. Jutting out above his left shoulder was the hilt of a longsword which was sometimes his favorite means of dispatch. John liked being up close and personal on occasion. 

John raised a heavy boot and brings it down on the edge of the raised lip of the roof so that his leg is bent and provides an organic shooting platform. He takes a drag of his cigar and yells down before blowing out the smoke, "Times a wasting!"  He cries out in a gruff and gravelly voice. He brings up the M4 and rests his elbow on his knee for support and peers down the scope taking aim on an injured Zombie near the base of the ladder intending to finish him off. He focuses in on the ugly bastard, takes a deep breath, and exhales... slowly squeezing the trigger and sending the round toward his intended target.

[spoiler] OOC (Unfortunately I messed up my first roll I accidentally rolled twice, then I rolled again the correct way. So what I will do is post both rolls and Tommy let me know how I am fucking this up. Sorry guys!!)

Intended Target is: J 37

First Roll
<a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2568025/">1d20+9,2d8+6=[7, 9], [1, 2, 6], 1d20+9,2d8+6=[5, 9], [6, 8, 6]</a>
Second Roll
<a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2568026/">1d20+9,2d8+6=[8, 9], [4, 2, 6]</a>
[/spoiler]
"Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them."
-Napoleon Bonaparte

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2010, 06:03:32 AM »
Jasmine watches with satisfaction as the newcomer finishes off the problematic zombie at the base of the ladder. She swiftly replaces her M-9 to its side holster and the Desert Eagle to its back strap. Hands free, she takes hold of the rope ladder and begins the upward climb to safety, or at least away from the horde.
[spoiler]climb check (1d20=4)
[spoiler]i can't fucking believe it.... tears...
[spoiler]action point, please save me!!! (1d4=4)
new total of 8... i hope that's enough![/spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 06:25:16 AM by maggieloo72 »

a2j_8712

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2010, 06:11:46 AM »
The kid quickly aims and fires at one of the zombies who is surely hoping to take a bite out of Jasmine and the doc.  Sweat and blood are running down his face....a familiar stench fills his nostrils.  One might think its the smell of the rotting corpses....but he knows the truth.  It was a horrible fart he just released from his asshole.  Without flinching from the odor he lifts his rifle and fires just before moving toward the ladder.
[spoiler]Attack L-36 (1d20+10=23)[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Damage + 4 (1d8=5, 1d8=1)[/spoiler]

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2010, 11:07:13 PM »
Keys begins to climb the ladder.

[spoiler]Climb (1d20-1=3)
fuck my life.[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2010, 04:05:12 AM »
The zombie who had been standing near the ladder suddenly falls to the ground after another loud report. Half of it's head is missing, splattered on the ground in an impressive array of gore. From above John had struck again.

Jasmine straps her guns up and begins climbing the ladder. Her hand slips!

But with a grunt of exertion she catches herself on a lower rung and begins hauling herself up again, breathing hard from the excitement of battle and the struggle of climbing. She is now halfway up the ladder.

The Kid fires on the nearby zombie, the bullet whizzing past Leon to strike the zombie in the chest. It looks heavily damaged now. The Kid runs to the ladder but in doing so provokes the couple zombies threatening him. They both chase after him to attack him. One of them stumbles and his outstretched hands do not reach the Kid but the other sends his five sharp talons raking across the Kid's back for 9 points of damage! The Kid grimaces loudly as he continues to run, ending up at the base of the ladder.

Key's, shot gun in tow, attempts to climb the ladder but falls a very short distance up. He lands hard on his back for 4 points of damage! Almost squashing The Kid too! [spoiler]Sorry, you didn't show up today and I don't know when you'll be back so I went ahead and posted. Yes, your prone but Leon is about to help you up with a move action.[/spoiler]

Leon watches in horror as the good Doctor falls from the ladder. He lands hard but from what Leon can see he appears to be okay. If it's possible to count lying on your back surrounded by the undead okay. "KEY'S"! Leon shouts, hand outstretched. As the undead move in Leon snarls, in his mutated form he jumps forward skittering across the ground, not caring if the man above sees him. He won't lose a friend to the undead... not again. Leon appears above Keys, standing over him with his sword brandished, the sunlight reflecting off the blade in the bright sky causing concentric light circles to appear. Leon notices as he stands up the zombie in front of him has almost a confused look on his face. This causes him wonder at first but he quickly realizes it's probably due to his mutation.

The confused look is too intelligent to be on this monster's face Leon thinks angrily. He roars as he swings his blade and cuts the undead down, nearly chopping it in half. Reaching a muscular arm and large hand down he grabs Key's by the arm and lifts him into the air on his feet, motioning towards the ladder. "Go! I'll hold them"! As soon as he finishes he spins and slashes another approaching zombie across the chest, sending the creature reeling back.

[spoiler] Leon takes his free five foot step into L-37, Attack action L-35 and finishes him. Lifts Key's up with a move action. Uses Cleave to allow him another free strike against K-36.
First roll on the injured L-35. (1d20+9=15, 2d6+9=13)
Second roll on K-36. 1d20+9=17, 2d6+9=13
Oh my God at the shitty rolls, thank Christ Leon's a beast.[/spoiler]

The zombies move in faster and strike harder than before seeing their food source trying to depart from them. They are now practically scrambling over each other in their hunger, pushing and fighting in the back for pieces of your flesh. You can see nothing but a wall of undead, all reaching for you. From halfway up the ladder Jasmine looks down to see her teammates attacked.

Leon fends one off with a heavy boot but another slashes across his chest for 8 damage!

The Kid likewise receives a blow, however he is able to move away at the last second and only takes 5 damage! Another undead attempts  to slash him but The Kid nimbly dodges it.

Key's, just having stood up to find himself in a mob of the undead finds himself the victim of an undead attack. He uses the barrel of his shotgun to swipe one zombie's claws away but another zombie jumps on him and sinks it's teeth into his flesh between his shoulder and neck for 10 points of damage! The Doctor cries out and pushes the creature off.

[spoiler]Round 6. K-36 and M-36 appear to be very injured zombies. Mark off ammo, HP, AP's if you used them. Joey, Zack I believe both of you have the opportunist feat. If Leon makes a connect with a melee and you wish to use an AP to use it you may state so and fire an extra shot at any creature Leon had struck in the last round. Fun Fact, this is round 6, which means about 36 seconds have passed. Think about that. Here is the new map. Carry on.[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 04:10:02 AM by ragincajun2288 »

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2010, 02:45:42 PM »
Keys climbs that fucking ladder.
[spoiler]full round climb
Climb (1d20-1=17)[/spoiler]

JohnTarkin

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2010, 02:55:05 PM »
"Son of a bitch!" Bellows John as he watches one of the people below fall from the ladder just as he began to climb it. "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea..." He grumbles to himself, taking another great puff on the cigar. John nimbly jumps up to stand on top of the lip of the roof to get a better angle of fire on the zombies near the base of the ladder. He chuckles to himself as he watches the violence below. He observes the fully mutated member of their party as he unsheathes his sword and moves with hellish speed to defend his fallen comrade. "Nothing like the zombie Apocalypse to bring people together" John raises his M4. The horde is quite impressive. They must have been making quite the racket to attract this ensemble of undead bastards.

He eyed a few of the zombies through his scope. "Ugly fucks..." He thought as he passed from one decomposing face to the next. "Although... I'm not much prettier" His memory momentarily flashed back to the moment when he saw his reflection in the cryo-tank across from the one he had just escaped from. If the scar he wore on his face hadn't taken away his good looks, then his new found mutation sure as hell had. He still didn't fully understand it. But his new found abilities could be worth this appearance.

A sudden flash of light brought him back to the present. His keen senses sent his eyes darting to the source. A blade. Its arc. The alignment of the sun. These variables combined to send a shard of light reflecting from a slashing blade to Johns eyes. His instincts took hold. Muscle memory. M4 raised, turned, and aligned with the target. A near perfect line formed from Johns eye, the scope of the head of the zombie that had just received the business end of the sword. He squeezed off a shot, the retort of his carbine and the smooth manner in which he had executed the maneuver brought him happiness.

[spoiler]AoO on K-36 using Opportunist (1d20+9=23, 2d8+6=16)

(OoC) Dont fuck with John!!
[/spoiler]

After firing, John, for a moment, considers what is resting in the side pocket of his rucksack. The 44mm grenade would cause quite a mess below... The explosion would be spectacular, matched only by the scattering of bits and pieces of bodies. John pictured the scene from start to finish and an odd and creepy smile crept over his face.

He shook his head as if to toss the thought from his mind. This was no time for daydreams. Plus, there was a small possibility that he could kill one of the people still alive down there...
He refocused his attention on reality. His eyes and face now stern and focused. John turns his attention to the zombie that just received a kick from the sword wielding fellow and zeros in on bloodthirsty thing. He develops a cocky grin as the creatures face fills his scope. "Say goodnight" He thinks as he takes another puff on the cigar and exhales while sending another round downrange.

[spoiler]
Sorry Tommy... I know you dont wanna do this extra work. Im not sure which space the zombie you just kicked is occupying...

Attack and Damage rolls for the Zombie that was just kicked by Leon (1d20+9=24, 2d8+6=8)[/spoiler]

Satisfied with his shots he cries out raising his M4 in the air and waving the people below upward, "Come on you fucks! Don't make me come down there and carry you up the ladder!!"
"Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them."
-Napoleon Bonaparte