Author Topic: Dead Earth The Campaign  (Read 12711 times)

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
Dead Earth The Campaign
« on: April 26, 2010, 08:11:17 PM »
The rain is falling softly as your bicycles fill the air with the engine's roar. The road is long, broken, and trash filled. To the north, where you are currently driving is the thick mist your eyes can not penetrate. To the south, the remnants of your truck and the bodies of bikers lay sprawled around it. The rain picks up and begins coming down pretty hard, pelting your faces.

[spoiler]I need drive checks from Jasmine and the Doctor. Leon is currently on the bike with Jasmine, and the Kid is currently on the bike with the Doctor.[/spoiler]
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
Re: Dead Earth The Campaign
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 08:13:29 PM »
[spoiler]1d20+10=18 Drive Check[/spoiler]

maggieloo72

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 03:07:33 AM »
[spoiler]drive check (1d20+6=19) i did it![/spoiler]

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 03:21:28 AM »
Dr. Keys looks back and grimaces noticing that The Kid is still hanging on...

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 04:01:43 AM »
Both Jasmine and Keys bump and weave a little on the rough terrain but manage to stay on the road for the most part. The rain continues to fall and shows no signs of letting up. Far ahead in the mist the drivers can make out big vague shapes on the road. On the other side the high way is empty except for the occasional stranded car. To the right side of the road old, rusty and tattered signs lay on the ground or barely hanging up. One reads: Fort Collins 1 Mile.

In the distance behind you there is the faint sound of many, many motors growling.

Leon looks behind him, but doesn't seem to see anything. He turns back and taps Jasmine on the shoulder, talking loudly over the low roar of the engines. "Hey drive closer to Keys. We all need to talk about what the hell we are going to do now".

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 02:42:00 AM »
Jasmine pulls closer to Woodrow's bike and yells, "Hey, do you think we should take this exit?"

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 03:10:11 AM »
Dr. Keys looks over and nods his head in agreement. Then shrugs the kid off of his back a little, you can tell he doesn't like him being so close.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:00:14 AM by lordofmass »

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 03:25:11 AM »
When the Doc shrugged The Kid off a bit Leon thought it would have been a perfect opportunity to kick him off the bike from his position and rid them of his presence. But he may miss and hit the Doc at this speed, or he might hit the bike and knock both of them over with his strength. Probably not a good idea. Besides, annoyances beside, The Kid was one hell of a shot. And damn nifty with just about anything he could get his hands on. He was useful at least. Over the sound of air blowing in his ears he makes out Jasmine's yell and then sees Keys nod. Fort Collins it is. The sun was starting to set and Leon was tired, he was sure the others were probably getting there too.

[spoiler]I need a Spot check from all the players. Also, in three hours you'll all be officially fatigued from the long day of combat with the bikers.[/spoiler]

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 12:27:45 AM »
Dr. Keys can be seen with a determined look on his face, you might wonder to yourself, Is that a look of concentration, or maybe keeping a lookout for things that go bump in the night? Could be but he's probably deciding how easy it would be to use his new found powers to make the Kid have a "accident" on the bike...

[spoiler]Spot Check 1d20 12=27[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:00:32 AM by lordofmass »

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 05:19:22 AM »
Jasmine leans to take the bike toward the exit and looks beyond to see what's in store. "Hopefully we can find a safe place to rest," she says to herself amidst the engine roar and wind.
[spoiler]spot check (1d20+14=25)[/spoiler]

a2j_8712

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 05:47:32 PM »
The kid can't help but notice how much he enjoys the moisture from the rain sliding down his scaly back... :smirk Yee-hah!!!! he screams and starts slapping the good doctors back in a fit of joy. 

a2j_8712

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 11:42:52 PM »
[spoiler]1d20+10=21/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 03:14:43 AM »
The sounds of the motors behind you fade into nonexistence as the sun dips behind the tree line causing shadows to appear ubiquitously. Even the Raiders know better than to stay after dark. After dark is when the eyeless Creapers come out. The quick, heat sensing, long tongued creatures were like necrotic humans resembling spiders. Too dangerous, even for the psychotic, primitive Raiders, the Creapers had probably taken many of their kind. The light drizzle, barely a mist persists as the party drives to the end of the exit, the loud motors of the bikes ripping into the wind. At the end of the exit they see that there are three roads. One that goes back onto the highway, one that goes left into town, and one that goes right where a couple buildings appear to be.

The Result of Your Spot ChecksJasmine and Joseph: The mist is thick, obstructing most vision. Not to mention it's getting darker. You see several unmoving shapes in the dark and your unsure of their nature. Beyond this you can make out some rotting signs down the roads. They read: Liquor Store, The Rave, Police Station, The Library.

Woodrow:[spoiler] You see all this BUT you also happen to see an old brick building a little ways behind the tree line to your left. It appears to be a lonely building, no others around as far as you can tell.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 06:12:26 PM »
As she stops the bike, Jasmine squints and looks around in the mist. "Well, where do you guys think would be the best place to sleep tonight? The police station? Maybe it would have some supplies we could use... But we should get settled before it's completely dark. These engines will attract attention from things I don't feel like dealing with."

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 01:20:44 AM »
Dr. Keys pulls up beside Jasmine and says, "That brick building down the way looks interesting, maybe we should check it out, we can wait until there is more daylight to search the town."

a2j_8712

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 02:19:20 AM »
"Ain't never been to a lika sto befur.  Meybe we culd catch uh buzz fer we moov awn."  The entire time the kid is speaking there seems to be a brown residue leaking down the side of his chin.   

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 05:50:55 AM »
"So, to the brick building? If it's safe, we can stay there and search the town tomorrow like you suggested."
Jasmine looks toward the Kid with something akin to disgust on her face. "And I don't think you need to touch liquor. Your mind is already muddled. And wipe off your face!"

lordofmass

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 03:17:24 PM »
Dr. Keys looks at the Kid with outright disgust on his face and says, "Lets go then, I dont want to wait on a fucking creeper to find us. Come on." Dr. Keys heads off in the direction of the brick building, slowly driving the bike through the trees.

[spoiler]Listen Check 1d20 10=19[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 09:16:03 PM by lordofmass »

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 09:59:32 PM »
Dr. Keys, taking his time, is able to weave through the tree line with ease, the Kid holding on in the back the entire time. It is dark for a brief time before he breaks through the other side. Now that he is on the other side the Good Doctor is able to see a rusted, very old faded blue sign. It barely reads: F-rt Col-ins -est St-p. The building itself is in okay condition, made of weathered brick. There is much graffiti, also faded sprayed across the walls. They read things like: Why is this happening? This is God's Judgment! We're all going to die. The dead walk again. Reminders of a world long past where the dead did not come back to life and everything was in abundance. A world you had never seen and only heard myths of.

The entrance to the building is three large metal doors in front of you. With the fading sun you can't see much inside through the windows, it looks pretty dark.

[spoiler]A GM Roll (1d20=15)[/spoiler]

You don't hear anything either. It's dead silent.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:06:10 PM by ragincajun2288 »

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 04:51:24 PM »
Jasmine slowly maneuvers her bike through the trees behind Dr. Keys. As she looks upon the old building and the graffiti, she feels a strong sense of pity for the unprepared people who witnessed the rise of the undead. "Those poor people must have been so confused by all this," she says.
She cautiously looks and listens for any unwanted company in the night.
[spoiler]listen check (1d20+14=34)
spot check (1d20+14=30)[/spoiler]