Author Topic: Chapter 1  (Read 15021 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: Chapter 1
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2010, 03:52:22 AM »
Waiting until the server is long gone, Aullara appears from thin air sitting at the end of the table, and says quietly, "So, a rogue war you say? Interesting. It seems you managed to drain a little more information out of this sorry little town than either Lloyd or I were able to since arriving yesterday. In any case, I am sure your 'wayward companions' will find you just fine. Ooh, are those braised yams?" A playful smirk plays across the fey's face.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2010, 01:00:17 PM »
At the sudden appearance of the fey, Moe, Larry, and Curly all nearly jump out of the chairs, weapons drawn. A glance at Krisrath stays their motion. "It seems you were right my dear, they did find us first." Said Krisrath to Maglynn, who now wore a rather smug look on her face, addressing Aullara, "They are indeed, would you like some ordered for you? They are quite good. So how have you been, it seems like an age since we have seen each other." He continues to ramble on like old friends, meanwhile Aullara can feel a tingle at the back of her mind, until words can be discerned, "Fear not little fey, it is merely me," A glance over to Maglynn can see she is giving an ever so slight nod, but anyone paying attention to Krisrath's string of words would find it fitting with the conversation. "The rogue war is a small concern to us, it seems the new faction in town is spreading, having already started in Io'lokar, for which we had a first hand encounter." A few mental scenes play in Aullara's head, detailing some of the events at their shop.

[spoiler]Assuming you don't want to reject the link, you are now mindlinked to Maglynn.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 12:13:05 AM by Sohala »
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2010, 01:26:49 PM »
Making sure that no one is watching the table, Aullara once again becomes invisible.

<<I hope you don't mind. Now that you are aware that I'm here, I'd prefer to conceal my presence. The less I am seen, the greater my advantage, and by extension, the greater my advantage to the group at large. Also, I would appreciate if you and your ilk refrained from calling me 'fey' in public. I have found that my kind are not well-accepted in most lands here. I can conceal my wings beneath my cloak, but there is little I can do about public opinion. You may call me Aullara, or if a codename must be used, simply 'Orchid.'

Now, this 'Rogue war.' Is this something that must be taken care of prior to our job? You said yourself that there is little time before we must board the ship.
>>

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: September 07, 2010, 01:43:04 PM »
"I guess she had to go," Said Krisrath, before he returned to his plate of food.

"We would prefer the threat be taken care of before we leave, but seeing as the circumstance is not what we had hoped for; the mission will most likely have to come first. We have made arrangements for the shop to be taken care of for a few months, hopefully. Krisrath is making plans to investigate a bit more before we leave, but has promised to avoid confrontation."

"Enough of us, where is the group staying?"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 12:12:46 AM by Sohala »
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: September 07, 2010, 02:03:14 PM »
<<I followed Lloyd to the city, here, but most of the others arrived, I believe, last night. They were staying in the inn here. I am sure they will return soon to see that your group has arrived.>>

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: September 08, 2010, 12:10:13 AM »
"Mmm, that was a good lunch." Krisrath said as he pushed his empty plate away, "Do give my greetings to the rest of our group if you meet them first." With that he disappeared.

[spoiler]Hide 1d20+27=41 [/spoiler]

"Show off..." Muttered Maglynn as she looked at the spot where he had been.

Outside on the street again, in half-elf form this time, Krisrath made his way towards the shadier side of town, on the hunt for a bit more knowledge, if there is any to be had.

[spoiler]Disguise 1d20+39=58
Gather Information 1d20+18=37
Time 1d4+1=2 x 10 minutes = 20 minutes
Krisrath, again, changes form and outfit between each shop/tavern he might go to.
This time he seeks information about the Rogue War, and those involved.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 12:28:21 AM by Sohala »
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: September 08, 2010, 11:50:43 AM »
[eeyore] don't mind me. nobody else does. [/eeyore]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:24:26 AM by archangel.arcanis »
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #167 on: September 10, 2010, 10:06:13 AM »
"Why so glum looking there Glim?  I know, leaving can be so heart wrenching.  Just think, we may not be able to find another decent drink for months!!!  So... we better have a good one with our breakfast to put more hair on your chest and a smile on your face", Alton chuckles as he gives Glim a friendly slap on the back and orders a few drinks for himself and his friends at the table. 

"Everyone should be here soon then we can catch the ship tomorrow.  Hell others may even be here now hiding in a corner somewhere knowing this group."
Placeholder - T'tosc