Author Topic: Chapter 1  (Read 15065 times)

mans0011

• Curious George
  • Too much Aizen Hate to go around....
Re: Chapter 1
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2010, 04:44:08 PM »
Janus does his best to melt into the crowd--ducking in a slow fashion and using the hat of disguise to change how he looks (mimicking a person near to him as he passes by) and then changing to another person's likeness. He does this many times until he reaches the other side of the crowd and changes himself to look like a nondescript commoner. He will then circle around to meet up with his comrades.
OOC-well for that matter he could just ride on my sword, that's about 15' ;)
OOC - That's what SHE said!  But, otherwise, that works for me, if you guys are willing.

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2010, 11:13:31 AM »
Shade: "We could easily give chase as I can tell where he is.  I suppose I could have stopped him as he was fleeing but as you say... we have other business." Glances, over his shoulder at the coming guards, "and sticking around seems it would likely eat up even more time.  Hurry up with that coin Toshi the guards are looking .... blinded and upset.  I guess I can set them on the thieves trail and explain what happened here."

Actions depending on situation:
[spoiler]1) I can use my bluff to smooth over everything and point the guards at the Pick Pocket.
     Bluff: 1d20+37=51
2) Help Toshi get his coin up quicker if it is needed.
3) Use Hat of Disguise and Hide In Plain Site to get out of dodge.
     Hide:  1d20+22=24
4) Or other as we learn more.[/spoiler]
Placeholder - T'tosc

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2010, 01:13:54 PM »
Group 1 Krisrath/ Maglynn

About a half hour later there agent shows up back at the shop with his report saying that they disappeared down a small tunnel in the catacombs under the city and that he was not able to squeezed in to fallow. But also noted that there is some traps in the floor as well.
As to Any magical auras on the gear? Yes the rapier, odd daggers, have magical auras on them the dagger seems to have necromancy properties well the sword seams more general. 

Group 2 Aullara and Lloyd
After a few more hours of walking you eventfully get to the gates of white gryphon without any more incidents.

Group 3 every one else
As the group after the group get out of the area of the incident you eventfully get to the inn, and it is extremely crowed for it looks like they are having a good crowd to night. 

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2010, 02:12:06 PM »
Shade appears to be happier and more cheerful at he and his companions enter the Griffon's Rest.  Looking to the others, "Mostly I want to get some bread and drink to take with me.  I've a weakness for a few they produce" he says with a smile.  "But the food is wonderful overall so we might as well get one more good meal in before we load up.  Come on, I'll find us a table."

He heads off through the crowded common room  and spots a middle aged portly human wearing and apron.  With a wave and a grin he calls out "Herbert!!!, any chance we can wrangle up a table tonight for me and a few friends?  That and I'd like to order a few things for the road."

With a chuckle Herbert assures "young Alton" that is shouldn't be too difficult and moves off to arrange a table.

Guys, I'll even buy.  If you haven't eaten here your in for a treat.

[spoiler]Unless, others want to do other stuff or other events occur we will soon get a table.  We can grab a meal and handle that and possible conversation in as much or little detail as you all want.  Shade's main intent here is to put in his "to go" order of bread and drink.  It is one of his arranged signals for his family that he will be gone for a while working.  A way to keep them somewhat informed but also insulated from the dangers inherent with Shadow Core work.[/spoiler] 
Placeholder - T'tosc

endgamecutter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2010, 02:33:49 PM »
Lloyd was grumpy the entire trip, but seems to have cheered up somewhat upon arriving at town.
"Finally out of the damn woods... Any idea what we should do for the next couple days? We still have some time before meeting everyone at the docks." He thinks for a moment "And you better not have already snuck off."
there is roughly a 99% chance that this post is an obscure reference to SOMETHING.

mans0011

• Curious George
  • Too much Aizen Hate to go around....
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2010, 09:43:47 PM »
Janus excuses himself to the bathroom and then uses his hat of disguise to appear like a nondescript member of the tavern/inn.

Janus sidles up to Glim and whispers, Listen, I don't really need to eat or sleep. I'll need about 2 hours of sleep and 6 more of meditation, but I'm going to spend a bit of time disguised, on watch. If you need me, come back here and I'll find you.

And just as quickly as he showed up, Janus melts into the throng again.

[spoiler]Stormcrow, Janus is going to be on alert, constantly taking his time to search, spot, listen, sense motive, etc. He's looking for anything that might prove harmful to his comrades or himself. 8 and a half hours before we're all set to meet up and move out, Janus is going to start meditating to regain spells, and then after 6 hours of meditation, he'll sleep for 2 hours. Yay Ring of Sustenance.[/spoiler]
OOC-well for that matter he could just ride on my sword, that's about 15' ;)
OOC - That's what SHE said!  But, otherwise, that works for me, if you guys are willing.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2010, 10:00:47 PM »
The follower they had sent to fetch some reagents returned, shortly after the one who tailed the rats, with a full bag of supplies. Maglynn took it with a nod and returned to the back room, closing the door. Everyone knew what that meant, do not disturb.

Turning to everyone in the room Krisrath said, He tosses a few coins to both Moe and Curly, With that those three left to pack.

Tom runs off, Krisrath then goes into detail about what happened in the shop with the wererats, even where they entered the tunnels, to Jerry. Jerry runs off, leaving Krisrath alone, [Next morning] Krisrath thought to himself. The corpse had been removed from the storeroom, along with a tarp. She merely gave a smile and a nod, Krisrath continued. she replied.

[spoiler]Awaiting ID and XP before I go on.[/spoiler]
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2010, 10:48:01 PM »
Aullara whispers at Lloyd's shoulder, in a mockingly hurt tone, "Oh sir, Do not think so low of me!"
Chuckling to herself quietly, she continues.

"We should start by scouting out the meeting place, and make sure it's going to be safe. We'll also want lodging, but I should have no problem with that. I haven't paid for a room at any inn since arriving in these lands. I may even be able to get you a room for free... if you behave." Lloyd can't see the pixie, but he can be sure a sarcastic smirk in planted upon her face.

"Beyond that, the only thing else we can do is make sure we're stocked on supplies and stalking the streets, keeping our ears to the ground for any rumblings. It pays to be informed, so we should know what's going on around here, if only to avoid any unnecessary trouble until our peers arrive."

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2010, 11:27:41 PM »
ok the exp i thought i posted it was 650 for both your character and cohort

the Dagger is +2 Vamperic dagger.

the rappier is a keen rapier
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:57:06 PM by Stormcrow »

endgamecutter

• Email
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2010, 12:56:15 AM »
"You can probably do both of those better than I can, but I can handle danger better than I can find intel, especially since you're invisible, so I'll scout out the docks, and you can find out any strange happenings, sound fair?"
there is roughly a 99% chance that this post is an obscure reference to SOMETHING.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2010, 04:00:48 AM »
"I suppose that is passable."

endgamecutter

• Email
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2010, 04:04:06 AM »
"If you have any better ideas, feel free to pitch in, otherwise lets agree on a meeting place and time and get busy."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2010, 04:06:22 AM »
"We'll meet at the nearest supply store to here, and move on from there."

endgamecutter

• Email
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2010, 04:15:25 AM »
"all right then, lets get to it. See you in a few hours or so" Lloyd moves his sword to his hip instead of his back, then calmly walks to the port.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2010, 11:38:59 AM »
Janus excuses himself to the bathroom and then uses his hat of disguise to appear like a nondescript member of the tavern/inn.

Janus sidles up to Glim and whispers, Listen, I don't really need to eat or sleep. I'll need about 2 hours of sleep and 6 more of meditation, but I'm going to spend a bit of time disguised, on watch. If you need me, come back here and I'll find you.

And just as quickly as he showed up, Janus melts into the throng again.

[spoiler]Stormcrow, Janus is going to be on alert, constantly taking his time to search, spot, listen, sense motive, etc. He's looking for anything that might prove harmful to his comrades or himself. 8 and a half hours before we're all set to meet up and move out, Janus is going to start meditating to regain spells, and then after 6 hours of meditation, he'll sleep for 2 hours. Yay Ring of Sustenance.[/spoiler]
Glim just nods his head as if thinking of a catchy song.

Once we have had our stomachs quieted then we should get a move on before anymore cut purses decide to delay us further. I really should have made better arrangements with the others so we could be better coordinated. I'll have to keep that in mind for the next mission.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2010, 01:41:04 PM »
"See Glim, you're a quick study.  We just might be able to make a good leader out of you yet.  How bout after we finish up our food we go check the harbor our our ship?  If you want I can get us some rooms here for the night while we wait on time our cruise time."
Placeholder - T'tosc

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2010, 02:27:59 PM »
Well hi there pretty young lady. I'll have a plate of beef with potatoes, carrots, and bread. I'll take an ale to wash that all down too. (ooc Basically a "good" meal in the SRD) Try and get to cook to have that done quick, we are in a bit of a rush. The boss always has us working on a clock.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2010, 05:05:05 PM »
I'll have roast lamb, sweet potato, with the seasoned greens.  Make sure and bring us some of the fresh bread too please.  Here, this should cover all our orders., he says and he hands her 2 GP.   
Placeholder - T'tosc

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2010, 03:13:21 AM »
Noting his teammate putting up the money, Toshi remarks "Well, that's kind of you." His mask is around his neck, but flipped over to cover the back of his head, and it looks a bit like a miniature shield hanging off him. His face is younger than you'd expect, but tired looking. "I will have the beef and potatoes as well, and speed is truly of the essence."