Author Topic: Chapter 1  (Read 15066 times)

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
Chapter 1
« on: April 25, 2010, 03:46:51 PM »
Chapter 1

In the City of  IO’LOKAR in the fortress keep in a long marble floored with hard wood walls you were summoned to see the Commanding officer, beside the Door to the Secretary (for an Idea of what she looks like ->  http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs13/f/2006/364/a/4/Paperdoll_Sutra___Egypt_1_by_frisket17.jpg  )sits she is a were wolf as she sits there looking over reports , she is in her Hybrid form her coat is a mix of light brown and black , and he outfit is a mix of light blue and black silk  her long flowing tail swishing back and forth , as the door opens and two agents she looks at them for a moment the enters and then in moments  she Enters and then says “Next” (see means you )

Krisrath  = + 1000 Exp for back-story
Glim = + 1000 Exp for back-story
Alton Brenic = + 1000 Exp for back-story
Aullara Nightshade   = + 1000 Exp for back-story
Endgamecutter = + 1000 Exp for back-story
Flay Crimsonwind = + 1000 Exp for back-story
Janus  = + 1000 Exp for back-story
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 07:32:26 PM by Stormcrow »

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
Re: Chapter 1
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 08:10:11 PM »
Toshi, standing off to the side in quite nearly complete stillness shifts slightly, indicating he'd been leaning against the wall, and not just standing against it. His sword handle protrudes only slightly through the gray cloak, revealing the light clothes of an official warden underneath. Not that anyone would need to see more than the gray cloak and the warden-blade to know what his job was, but the uniform rounded off the attire. He stepps briskly, his steps making slight clicks as his heels hit the marble. He glides in quickly, not looking behind, nor staring forward. It's only after he enters that the hood drops, revealing the man's jet black and sleek hair.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 10:55:05 PM »
A small humanoid, obviously female, steps lightly forward. She seems unconcerned about the others in the room.

She begins to approach the desk and says, "You called?"

endgamecutter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 11:23:34 PM »
The man sitting by the wall looks up when the secretary calls. With a sigh, he stands up, brushes some imaginairy dust off his tunic and approaches the desk. Although he looks human, his face contorts as he walks. Small vestigal horns sprout from his head, and a barbed tail pokes out from under his tunic. When he reaches the desk, the human is gone, replaced by a particularly savage looking tiefling. (OOC: minor shapechange CAN do that, right? I read it as looking like just about any similarly sized race when you can morph around.)
"I assume there is something for me to do?"
there is roughly a 99% chance that this post is an obscure reference to SOMETHING.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 01:04:52 AM »
Read Thoughts (no visual display)
[/spoiler]

With the announcement from the she-wolf, the lady stands and says to the man behind her, Nodding obediently, he bends over and picks up both bags and responds softly,

With that, both file into the room.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:23:10 AM by Sohala »
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

endgamecutter

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 01:27:48 AM »
there is roughly a 99% chance that this post is an obscure reference to SOMETHING.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 02:21:42 AM »
[spoiler]Will save: 1d20(15)+8=23
Saved.

It shouldn't give you a person's name unless they're thinking something like "My, what a great day it is to be me. Me, [insert name here]!"

It's just the thoughts at the very surface of their mind.[/spoiler]

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 11:29:08 AM »
Hehe, the foxy lady With a slight smirk of self amusement Shade peels away from the shadows where they almost seem to cling and moves smartly at his commanders summons.  Dressed in somber and subdued colors he moves in among the other agents blue eyes taking in those around him.  Some he recognizes from previous training and jobs others he is not familiar with. [open for back story links for those it is appropriate such as Janus who has similar early training by the Core as well as also being a Swiftblade]

Stepping into the room he winks at the secretary and moves forward more seriously giving the commander a nod of respect.  "Commander?" ,acknowledging the commander and awaiting instruction.

Detect Thoughts Save[spoiler]
Alton has a Ring of Mind Shielding unless Stormcrow rules that it was not an allowable purchase.

1d20+11=13
Fail (but Shielded by magic so no reading is gained)

If Ring is not allowed then the following:
Thinking it is good to see Janus here and looking forward to seeing what the Commander wants.  He is hoping it is a task that will get him out of the Citadel.  Whatever the task looks like it is probably going to require some steath by the looks of those called.
[/spoiler]

Edit: to clarify I'm using Green for my speaking.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:20:40 PM by Hallack »
Placeholder - T'tosc

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 12:08:37 PM »
[spoiler]Will: (1d20+6=14)

general thoughts are sizing up the group. That one is kinda tall so i'll have to aim for the tendons on the back of the knee. That chick shouldn't wear a consort's outfit, it will attract too much attention. The now tiefling better not try and look like me and do something stupid or he will wake to a Cockatrice in his bed. etc...

edit to add in: this is all pretexted in the consideration of if one of them compromises the mission/starts a fight with the rest of the group.[/spoiler]

Thank you ma'am., a paradox beyond comprehension, a giant halfling nearly 1/3 bigger than the largest of normal halflings, fluidly speaks. After courtesies with the secretary he turns to the others and nods. Ladies, gentlemen. Shall we see what the core has for us? And with that he confidently strolls into the office.

This halfling is wearing a beautiful chain shirt (mithral) and has 2 daggers at his side along with a fine backpack. He has a pair of goggles pushed up to his forehead and a ring on his right hand as well.

edit: to change my speaking text so it isn't the same color as someone else. I'm now using brown to avoid confusion as to who may be talking.

2nd edit in spoiler because i forgot an important part of context.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 05:41:58 PM by archangel.arcanis »
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 04:07:06 PM »
Secretary thoughts : "ok something is up when they are sending more then one squad on a mission o well I am not going"

othere agents in the room some it is serface thoughts like what is plans are for next R &R others wondering what there next mission is and there is a few you can't read
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 04:17:23 PM by Stormcrow »

mans0011

• Curious George
  • Too much Aizen Hate to go around....
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 05:30:18 PM »
1d20+6 ? [1,6] = (7)
[spoiler]Janus is calculating any escape routes, should the situation turn a bit dicey. He's also sizing up every. Single. Person. And determining what he would need to either run from or incapacitate anyone he deems a threat. Also... he's thinking about the tightness in his hamstring that has developed over the past several weeks.[/spoiler]

A man with a black tunic and black pants, a black cowl and mask, and black arm bands, enters the office with a curt, shifty nod, he enters the office. He doesn't say a word, just casts a suspicious eye about the room before moving in.
OOC-well for that matter he could just ride on my sword, that's about 15' ;)
OOC - That's what SHE said!  But, otherwise, that works for me, if you guys are willing.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 08:01:27 PM »
As you enter the Dimly lit room lined with shelves and files you see a door on both sides of the room and a desk with  envelopes on it layed out on after another with your names on them you see the Commander Alucard standing looking out the window with his back you .  He is wearing Mithral plate armor and a long sword across the back of her Hip his voice is Calm and Maglynn can’t get a read on his surface thoughts as He says “I know most of you will not enjoy the opening mission briefing but they are coming form the top”

As he then turns toward raveling his red eyes you and in his dead calm voice “envelopes you have your over all mission out lines …”

As a flash and a brease behind you as a portal opens and a Young woman dressed in the robes of a mages apprentice steps out of it then is quickly grabed on the arm by Captain Alucard Mutters something about “Don’t mages know how to make appointments or how to knock on doors Dimmit”

As she tries to fight him off of saying  in a high-pitched voice “Ha Hands off the merchandise”

As he then opens the door yelling “Sutra !”

as the door is slammed behind him you can here his voice (listen check every one )

and an older man with a long black beard and a grey robed revels in self in the captions chair removing the Ring saying “my Apologies for the interruption  and my apprentice’s seen but I viewed it as necessary permit me to introduce yourself I am senator  Urtho and I would like to hire you for a side job if you are interested”

the apprentices thoughts
I hope I am ready for this..

you cant read the senators thoughts
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 08:05:03 PM by Stormcrow »

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 08:23:10 PM »
Listen
1d20+11=26

OOC: What do we know of this Senator Urtho if anything? 
         Is it not very out of the ordinary for a Senator to be trying to "hire" Shadow core members?
         Would taking such side jobs be against the Shadow Core rules?

Alton Brenic raises his eye brows in surprise at the breech in security and trickery of Capt. Allucard.  "A side job Senator?  And one that you could not bring through the proper chain of command?" he asks in a wary and not too trusting tone.
Placeholder - T'tosc

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 09:37:28 PM »
OCC
the senator is a High ranking member of both the wizards guild and in the Senator with a political pull.
agents the rules no for some do side work just to keep a covers lone as it does not come in to conflict with your current missions.
As for it being odd yes for you all know he is up to something or he is not fallowing protocols

For thoses that pass the Listen check +15 score
Alucard “Sutra keep he there when I am dune with the briefing I will deal with this”
Sutra “ I I sir”
The apprentice “get your hands off me you Mutt or and when my Master hears of this”

As you continue to listen to the arguing.  You get the feeling this will be a while
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:21:19 PM by Stormcrow »

endgamecutter

• Email
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 10:11:44 PM »
Listen check, how's my hearing?http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2495304/

"oh?" The Tielfing grows a long moustache and absentmindedly wraps the end around his finger as he talks
"What is this 'side mission' of yours? and isn't it proper for a ranking official to have some sense of common decency, instead of barging in on a private meeting?"

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 10:16:52 PM »
[spoiler]Krisrath
Listen 1d20+2=15
Maglynn
Listen 1d20+9=22
Both rolls are in sets, I thought we might need to roll knowledge for information.[/spoiler]

Initially surprised, though showing no sign of it, at being called for such a covert mission with such little operating experience, both Krisrath and Maglynn are speechless. This feeling is quickly pushed away with the antics of the senator and apprentice. They both quickly confer mentally coming to the agreement that they would wait to speak, until more had been explained.
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 11:52:50 PM »
[spoiler]Will Save: 17
Listen Check: 16

Diplomacy while speaking to Senator, for maintaining/improving friendliness: 22
[/spoiler]

Toshi folds his hands, as they speak, bicker, and all around do things that would otherwise annoy him for petty reasons. The apprentice was unexpected, but he knew better than to expect an attack in such a room, and as such, he remains quiet. As soon as the mission is 'briefed' though he would hardly call it that, Toshi looks straight to the Senator, and in a tone of complete neutrality of interest states, "Sent as I have been by my masters, I will proceed on such a job for you, though I would of course like to know the nature of the work, what rewards one can hope to glean from such a task, etc." The man's robes being gray, and this town being what it is, Toshi is almost suspicious as to the man's connection to the White Council... He doesn't strike him as a Warden, but you could never be sure, as secretive as the group was.

mans0011

• Curious George
  • Too much Aizen Hate to go around....
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 12:14:06 AM »
Janus assumes a somewhat relaxed position--folding his arms behind his back and placing one hand into the other, resting them in the small of his back. In a gruff, ethereal voice, he asks, Is this side mission a matter of personal relevance to you or is it a matter of State?

[spoiler]Listen check[/spoiler]
OOC-well for that matter he could just ride on my sword, that's about 15' ;)
OOC - That's what SHE said!  But, otherwise, that works for me, if you guys are willing.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 01:57:16 AM »
Aullara's well-tuned ears pick up the outside conversation.

To this Senator, she says, "A side job? What does it entail?"

[spoiler]Forgot the listen results:
Listen: 1d20(19)+9=28[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 02:21:05 AM by VennDygrem »

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 02:35:06 AM »
Listen: 1d20+2=14

Yes, i would much like to know more about this mission before i accept it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:19:47 AM by archangel.arcanis »
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren