Author Topic: Party Face  (Read 4259 times)

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: Party Face
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 11:05:12 AM »
@ Mcpoyo and Oblivionsmurf: Glibness is a good one, but what method do i use to get it? Can you make a wand of it? I don't think taking 7 lvls of bard is an option.

Though if you do you can lead into sublime chord and also make use of all the charisma to X feats/classes/spells there are.

I'm currently working on a character that does this...
Bard 6/Battle Dancer 1/Barbarian 1(pounce)/Dragon Slayer 1/Fighter 1/Sublime Chord 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Incantantrix 4

BAB: 16, 9th level spells, decent skillpoints and can make use of most of the ways of using charisma...

it is however a bit MAD

at level 10
Bard 6/Battle Dancer 1/Barbarian 1(pounce)/Dragon Slayer 1/Fighter 1
is probably playable too with spells as a 7th level bard and a base attack of +9 along with pounce makes for a charismatic warrior type.

shandiris

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 07:22:39 PM »
OK you do have a point that glibness can be a bit overpowered too  :rollseyes
I have recently heard that the utility mage is going to be a shadowcraft mage so Beguiler would probaly overlap quite a bit.
The new direction I'm taking is going into sorcerer. It's charisma based and the DM houseruled it to be even with wizard in terms of casting and feats. I still want marshal for the charisma aura and after some deliberations with the other party members I am also gonna take the second lvl for motivate dex. (I can switch a major for a minor aura)

The new build will probaly be:
A Magic-Blooded lesser Aasimar (possibly old)
Marshal 2 / Sorcerer 5 / Mind Bender 1 / X 2

I would like some suggestions on the X. I want it to advance my sorcerer casting fully, but can't really think of any PrC that be very useful for this.
Furthermore any suggestions on spells? ATM i have:

[spoiler]1st (5 known)
Alarm
Charm Person
Friendly Face
True Strike
Grease

2nd (4 known)
Divine Insight
Wings of Cover
Scorching Ray
Whispercast

3rd (3 known)
Dispel Magic
Slow
Shrink Item

4th  (2 known)
Wings of Flurry
Thunderlance [/spoiler]

With the following trough items:
[spoiler]Runestaff of the Silent Guardian
Nystul's Magic Aura
Suspended Silence
Greater Mage Armor

Wand of Winged Watcher
Drakehelm of Improvisation[/spoiler]

Can you use Extra Spell to add spells not on your class list? (for Glibness/Devil's Ego) I've seen it done around here, but I'm wondering how RAW/RAI this is.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 07:28:19 PM »

I would like some suggestions on the X. I want it to advance my sorcerer casting fully, but can't really think of any PrC that be very useful for this.

If you can get it past your DM you could take 2 levels of Prestige bard, you will lose one caster level though you gain access to the bard spell list.

shandiris

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 07:45:17 PM »

If you can get it past your DM you could take 2 levels of Prestige bard, you will lose one caster level though you gain access to the bard spell list.

That's a no, unfortunatly.

But your upper build did give me an idea:

Marshal 2/Sorcerer 6/Dragonslayer 1 /Abjurant Champion 1

I would need to modify my spell list to become a bit more gish like, but otherwise it definatly be nice and fitting flavor-wise. Retired army-officer who started slaying dragons, and then got so fascinated with wealth that he started stealing. Almost perfect  :smirk