Author Topic: Various Anime/Manga  (Read 324977 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Various Anime/Manga
« Reply #920 on: April 27, 2010, 05:15:12 PM »
I disagree, actually. 
Disagree with what? That Fist of the North Star makes things awesome?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #921 on: April 29, 2010, 05:48:14 PM »
To anyone who has ever watched any anime containing robots, I would like to direct your attention to something.

This game needs players. Existing characters or original ones, it doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 05:50:12 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #922 on: April 29, 2010, 05:51:40 PM »
...Curse you, Prime. Why do cool games keep being started exactly when I have vowed to not join any new ones, mere weeks before I graduate and thus have tons of free time? :P
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #923 on: April 29, 2010, 05:57:12 PM »
Well, it'll be a while before this starts, but if you don't declare interest now the game shall be doomed.
 :bigeye :bigeye :bigeye
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #924 on: April 29, 2010, 06:06:26 PM »
Well, it'll be a while before this starts, but if you don't declare interest now the game shall be doomed.
Longer than about two months? :P
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #925 on: April 29, 2010, 06:15:57 PM »
Possibly. Depends on who we get in.

You know how long recruitment can last.
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #926 on: April 30, 2010, 06:02:59 PM »

Looking at how many pages you got while I was asleep, probably not all that long. :P It looks to me like you've got more than enough interested players unless you're going for something MMO-esque.

Yesterday I finished watching Sora no Woto. Fun stuff; I'm a sucker for comedy+drama+cute girls+awesome weapons. I was going to post a YouTube link to the last episode's CMomentOA with CMusicOA, but I couldn't find any YouTube vids, so you'll just have to watch the series instead. 'Tis worth it. ;)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #927 on: April 30, 2010, 08:55:53 PM »

Looking at how many pages you got while I was asleep, probably not all that long. :P It looks to me like you've got more than enough interested players unless you're going for something MMO-esque.
Are you kidding me? BleachITP Reborn is on its fourth setup thread. And I wouldn't say there are quite enough players yet since everyone's character seems to require a dozen other characters to support it and no-one seems interested in playing multiple characters yet.
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #928 on: April 30, 2010, 09:18:51 PM »

Are you kidding me? BleachITP Reborn is on its fourth setup thread. And I wouldn't say there are quite enough players yet since everyone's character seems to require a dozen other characters to support it and no-one seems interested in playing multiple characters yet.
What, seriously? That seems pretty impractical to have support characters (NPCs, essentially) played by other players who might want in on the main action as well. I'd just play the character plus other crew members (maintenance and stuff) as NPCs as needed, especially if it's freeform as has been implied.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #929 on: April 30, 2010, 11:00:35 PM »
The nice thing about requiring an army of NPCs is that you can always flesh one or two of them out in case you get bored.

Me, I got my hands full applying to two other PbP games, not including the freeform ones at Giantitp.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #930 on: May 01, 2010, 07:03:24 PM »
Just finished a Let's Play of BlazBlue. So... is it just me or is the plot basically Endless Eight? It even has Kyon as the main character.
My work

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #931 on: May 01, 2010, 07:09:12 PM »
Just finished a Let's Play of BlazBlue. So... is it just me or is the plot basically Endless Eight? It even has Kyon as the main character.

It depends. Are we talking about Calamity Trigger? If so, then yes  :P

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #932 on: May 01, 2010, 07:13:43 PM »

It depends. Are we talking about Calamity Trigger? If so, then yes  :P

CS's been confirmed to have multiple endings as well. It's possible every game in this series will have a Time Loop.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #933 on: May 01, 2010, 07:15:50 PM »

It depends. Are we talking about Calamity Trigger? If so, then yes  :P

CS's been confirmed to have multiple endings as well. It's possible every game in this series will have a Time Loop.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core was the same. Arc System Works apparently likes some time paradoxes  :rollseyes

Edit: On CS: Hakumen himself is something that defies time as well, since he is on the same era as his original self...

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #934 on: May 01, 2010, 07:16:31 PM »
Say, Agita, veekie? Would you know any good sources of information on the Nanoha-verse? Because this wiki doesn't even have spell ranks.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qr1xJgG9gg
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 10:19:12 PM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #935 on: May 03, 2010, 08:29:06 AM »
Hmm, your best bet would be going through all the supplementary comics(which at least rank the spells in terms of speed, control, power, etc) and collating the info.
The japanese nanoha wiki is a lot more informative, though I can't make any use of it without a translator site and that mangles everything up.

Also:
Touhou Smooth Criminal
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #936 on: May 04, 2010, 12:17:08 PM »
Say, Prime, the wiki you linked to seems to have gotten a massive explosion of content ported from the japanese wiki.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

dither

• Hong Kong
  • Breaking the ninth wall
« Reply #937 on: May 04, 2010, 12:26:22 PM »
Say, Prime, the wiki you linked to seems to have gotten a massive explosion of content ported from the japanese wiki.

Wiki magic at work?
"Stuck between a rogue and a bard place."

vanity
Read my webcomic!
Dither's Amazing Changing Avatars

[spoiler]
Quote from: Shadowhunter
Quote from: Flay Crimsonwind
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about Dither's power level?"
It's over nine thousand!

Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Anklebite
Quote from: dither
Well blow me down! :P
A SECTION OF THE CAVERN HAS COLLAPSED!
dither, Miner, has died after colliding with an obstacle!
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #938 on: May 04, 2010, 12:38:37 PM »
Well, some of the info is still sketchy, and the mage ranks listings are screwy(i.e. they seem to disregard the era of which said ranking is attained). Some rank inflation is going on I think.

Fairly sure Caro was not ranked A+ as of Strikers. AFTER maybe, but having not even mastered flight magic, that put her at a high C at best, while if Lutecia was S ranked as of Strikers, the fights with her would have been...brief.

EDIT:
Ahaha, theres a spell called Divide Zero.

EDIT2:
Oh my god,Touhou clone made using Starcraft 2
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 02:13:50 PM by veekie »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #939 on: May 04, 2010, 03:12:55 PM »
EDIT:
Ahaha, theres a spell called Divide Zero.
As I pointed out at TVTropes, the guy got it by making a contract with a girl suspected to be some kind of Unison Device, who resembles C.C. (C.C. having the same VA as Rein). And when he made the contract his left eye started bleeding.
My work