Author Topic: Various Anime/Manga  (Read 324978 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Various Anime/Manga
« Reply #860 on: April 20, 2010, 04:26:02 AM »
That's the actual fan nickname for him too. That, or Taco Aizen.
Been calling him Captain Broken for over a year now.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #861 on: April 20, 2010, 04:39:07 AM »
Considering how the anime and manga's going, I don't blame you.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #862 on: April 20, 2010, 05:35:55 AM »
I more commonly use Captain Superman.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #863 on: April 20, 2010, 05:54:30 AM »
[spoiler]Everything since the end of the first arc was actually an illusion created by Gin's real bankai - the one ascribed to Aizen.  Aizen's dead, and has been since he was initially thought to be.[/spoiler]
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #864 on: April 20, 2010, 06:17:04 AM »
[spoiler]Everything since the end of the first arc was actually an illusion created by Gin's real bankai - the one ascribed to Aizen.  Aizen's dead, and has been since he was initially thought to be.[/spoiler]

That's an ass pull if I've ever seen one. I'd seriously contemplate stabbing Kubo if that actually happens.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #865 on: April 20, 2010, 10:56:10 AM »

That's an ass pull if I've ever seen one. I'd seriously contemplate stabbing Kubo if that actually happens.
[spoiler]I agree because otherwise that means that the real bankai that we're seeing Ichigo face off against right now is an illusion, and that his dad, who's had nothing to do with anything for decades, is being fooled by an illusion that he never witnessed.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #866 on: April 20, 2010, 12:48:26 PM »
Personally always wondered if Aizen's illusion really DOES work like that.
I mean, hell, only an idiot of an illusionist would tell people how his illusions are limited, unless he simply intends to trick them into thinking they are safe, when they aren't.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #867 on: April 20, 2010, 06:36:54 PM »
Personally always wondered if Aizen's illusion really DOES work like that.
I mean, hell, only an idiot of an illusionist would tell people how his illusions are limited, unless he simply intends to trick them into thinking they are safe, when they aren't.
True, but at the same time Aizen is full of himself so gloating over that fact, and them STILL falling for it, would just make him gloat more.

You know, like how in Spaceballs Helmet got the schwartz ring, pretended to give it back, and then tossed it, and then laughed every single time he fell for the oldest tricks in the book.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #868 on: April 20, 2010, 06:44:02 PM »

[spoiler]I agree because otherwise that means that the real bankai that we're seeing Ichigo face off against right now is an illusion, and that his dad, who's had nothing to do with anything for decades, is being fooled by an illusion that he never witnessed.[/spoiler]

You assume his dad is actually there

[spoiler]Don Kanonji is the ith espada[/spoiler]
Planetouched Handbook

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #869 on: April 20, 2010, 06:45:41 PM »
You assume his dad is actually there

[spoiler]Don Kanonji is the ith espada[/spoiler]
I do assume that, yes. Put it this way. If he's not, and the whole thing's an illusion, he will not be able to hide from the mob that will form to lynch him. We had enough of that crap with the Itachi/Sasuke fight.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #870 on: April 20, 2010, 06:54:08 PM »
By the way, Orochimaru was actually secretly a good guy.

I can justify every single one of his canonical actions with an explanation that has equal or less convolution than Itachi's explanation. 

Doing experiments on children?  Desperately trying to save young victims of the Kyuubi attack by giving them the first hokage's anti-bijuu DNA.
Defecting?  Actually spying on Akatuski, trying to get bloodline DNA so konoha could have a rinnegan clan.
Trying to steal Sasuke's body?  Transferring out of an old host body isn't fatal unless something stupid happens like a shinigami eating part of his soul, and the easiest way to get Sasuke up to a high enough power level to defeat Madara was to take over his body for a couple years and use training from hell.  The plan went to pot when Sasuke went crazy
Attacking Konoha?  Turns out Itachi was really actually evil all along, and mindraped him into doing it with his sharigan.
Planetouched Handbook

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #871 on: April 20, 2010, 07:21:01 PM »
For those who aren't familiar with it: Girl-chan in Paradise by Egoraptor

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3

It makes fun of those kinds of plots.
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

dither

• Hong Kong
  • Breaking the ninth wall
« Reply #872 on: April 20, 2010, 08:02:46 PM »
I do assume that, yes. Put it this way. If he's not, and the whole thing's an illusion, he will not be able to hide from the mob that will form to lynch him.

It's possible that this is all the dying dream of Ichigo, who didn't survive the Training From Hell when he got his shinigami powers back before the Soul Society Arc ... or didn't survive getting stabbed when Rukia was first taken. Maybe he died in the first couple episodes instead of actually transforming into a Shinigami to begin with.
"Stuck between a rogue and a bard place."

vanity
Read my webcomic!
Dither's Amazing Changing Avatars

[spoiler]
Quote from: Shadowhunter
Quote from: Flay Crimsonwind
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about Dither's power level?"
It's over nine thousand!

Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Anklebite
Quote from: dither
Well blow me down! :P
A SECTION OF THE CAVERN HAS COLLAPSED!
dither, Miner, has died after colliding with an obstacle!
[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #873 on: April 20, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
I do assume that, yes. Put it this way. If he's not, and the whole thing's an illusion, he will not be able to hide from the mob that will form to lynch him.

It's possible that this is all the dying dream of Ichigo, who didn't survive the Training From Hell when he got his shinigami powers back before the Soul Society Arc ... or didn't survive getting stabbed when Rukia was first taken. Maybe he died in the first couple episodes instead of actually transforming into a Shinigami to begin with.
Anyone else suddenly hearing the theme song to "Dallas"?

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #874 on: April 21, 2010, 02:20:54 PM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #875 on: April 21, 2010, 02:37:20 PM »
Fate has quite the turn of speed here
The comics are an alternate continuity to both the show and the movie, right?
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #876 on: April 21, 2010, 02:38:30 PM »

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I refer to Negima's Fate as Tertium. I clicked the link thinking it was to an update for Negima, and got Nanoha instead. Nothing wrong with it, but you now know why I call him Tertium constantly.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #877 on: April 21, 2010, 02:42:45 PM »
Quote from: Trope Pantheon
    Fate Testarossa-Harlaown, Goddess of Lightning
    • Lesser Goddess
    • Symbol: Bardiche in pendant form
    • Alignment: Lawful Good
    • Portfolio: Lightning, Clones, Action Moms, Speedy Fighters, Scythe Wielders, Dark Magical Girls, Replacement Goldfish
    • Domain: Air, Family, Storm
    • Followers: Megavolt (Darkwing Duck), Blanka (Street Fighter), Ky Kiske (Guilty Gear), Saki Tsuzura (Arcana Heart), Pikachu (Pokemon) Cole Mc Grath inFamous.
    • Allies: Nanoha, Negi Springfield
    • Shares a temple with the Goddess of Friendship, complete with a giant bed. Shizuru and Lillet observe with much interest, but both Fate and Nanoha aren't interested in anyone else in the pantheon and don't talk about their personal lives.
    • If not 'stuffing' with Nanoha, she spars with the Goddess of Graceful Battle, Signum. Rumors say that the latter asked the former to take that place, but she refused because that... seems to be keeping her apart from Nanoha often...
    • When Negi Springfield mastered the Khilipl Astrape technique and then used several incalculably-powerful variations of it in a tournament fight against Jack Rakan, some of the Main House offered to give him this position. However, Negi and Fate are very good friends (as strange as that is to say), and Negi didn't want to see her lose her power (plus he still feels he hasn't earned it despite evidence), so he turned the offer down.

Also:
    [spoiler][/spoiler]
    « Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 02:48:26 PM by Prime32 »
    My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
    « Reply #878 on: April 21, 2010, 04:11:32 PM »
    These comics are alternate to the original series, but come before/after the movie.
    Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
    [/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
    • Organ Grinder
    • Modding since 03/12/10
    « Reply #879 on: April 21, 2010, 04:34:26 PM »
    These comics are alternate to the original series, but come before/after the movie.
    I'd heard that they started to change things up after a while.
    My work