Author Topic: Various Anime/Manga  (Read 324975 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Various Anime/Manga
« Reply #840 on: April 19, 2010, 06:10:35 PM »
I don't think I've seen anyone mention Fairy Tail yet. At least not that I've noticed. Fairy Tail is the ultimate anime for fans of wizards. Each one is a specific mage, and it's really fun to see. I double dog dare anyone here to see it, and try min max each of the characters.
You must be very bad at spelling, for you somehow managed to misspell "Naruto" as "Fairy Tail". :P
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #841 on: April 19, 2010, 06:12:38 PM »
I don't think I've seen anyone mention Fairy Tail yet. At least not that I've noticed. Fairy Tail is the ultimate anime for fans of wizards. Each one is a specific mage, and it's really fun to see. I double dog dare anyone here to see it, and try min max each of the characters.
You must be very bad at spelling, for you somehow managed to misspell "Naruto" as "Fairy Tail". :P

*GLARE*

I think I'm interested in Fairy Tail... as long as it's nothing like Harry Fuckin' Potter.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #842 on: April 19, 2010, 06:19:35 PM »
I think you care to wish to die. :ahem You don't even try to mix those two together. That's like saying "Whoops, I think you somehow managed to misspell Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Dragonball Z, Fairy Tail, Fullmetal Alchemist, Slayers, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc". They're the same shounen style, yes, but their storylines and enjoyability are totally different. With the exception that there's always someone stronger. I gave up on Naruto a LONG time ago. I liked it when it first came out, but it's crap now. So's Bleach. I've never seen so much filler in my life. I just read the manga now.

Fairy Tail has 180 manga issues so far, and as of today there's 26 episodes released on fansubs. It's a good series, and not Harry Potter.

Another series I've gotten into is To Aru Majutsu no Index, and it's spinoff Railgun. It's magicians vs psions. It's rather interesting to watch. Touma makes both series great to watch. He's the incarnation of awesome, and bad luck.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #843 on: April 19, 2010, 06:26:54 PM »
I disagree on naruto to a point - it's opening was alright, tamed a bit from what I'd liked, and the comedic points were somewhat young in taste, but it was enjoyable enough when it got dark. Filler was crap, and bits of shippuden are crap. Sasugay is a pain in the ass, but hey, what's new. The show has it's ups and downs. It's no Bebop, true, but it's still got something going for it. --EDIT-- Ah, I see you made the show/manga distinction. Yes, fuck the tv show, it's all about the manga, and I do read that weekly.

Fairytail is young, but so far fuckin badass. Same thing as naruto with some jokes and recurring gags being kinda kiddish, but whatevs.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #844 on: April 19, 2010, 06:34:10 PM »
I disagree on naruto to a point - it's opening was alright, tamed a bit from what I'd liked, and the comedic points were somewhat young in taste, but it was enjoyable enough when it got dark. Filler was crap, and bits of shippuden are crap. Sasugay is a pain in the ass, but hey, what's new. The show has it's ups and downs. It's no Bebop, true, but it's still got something going for it. --EDIT-- Ah, I see you made the show/manga distinction. Yes, fuck the tv show, it's all about the manga, and I do read that weekly.

Fairytail is young, but so far fuckin badass. Same thing as naruto with some jokes and recurring gags being kinda kiddish, but whatevs.
Yes. I read the manga of all of them, but even that I'm getting tired off. Especially with Aizen in Bleach. Sauceguy and Aizen might as well be gay lovers for all I care, because I don't anymore. It's like the writers are saying "Thank you for reading 400+ issues, but even though you support us, :fo."  :mad

Fairytail's storylines kind of go here and there, but when they're good, they're solidly good. The couple of hiccups that's been there is a big WTF, but then again so's One Piece. That last arc I read of O.P. I think every fan just about up and left the series. And what bothers me about it is Oda has already finished the series on his notes and in his head. That means this arc wasn't just him finishing it, and being random. He actually, legitimately had that all planned. That's brutal. How does that? Besides Oda I mean. :p And the person who's done Fairytail also did Groove Adventure, and he too has made it so that we're issues upon issues behind what he's already prepared. So we're going to be in for quite a ride.

BTW, I wasn't kidding when I dared people to min/max the characters. I'd like to see people try.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #845 on: April 19, 2010, 06:51:12 PM »
And the person who's done Fairytail also did Groove Adventure
Groove Adventure Rave, aka Rave Master?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 06:55:23 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #846 on: April 19, 2010, 07:06:47 PM »
And the person who's done Fairytail also did Groove Adventure
Groove Adventure Rave, aka Rave Master?
Why, yes. That's the very one.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #847 on: April 19, 2010, 07:14:42 PM »
I liked it when it first came out, but it's crap now. So's Bleach.

Bleach is there to set an example to other authors: There is a limit to how much shit is in your ass. There's an even smaller limited to how much shit your fans will eat.

If you want quality filler, read One Piece or Negima. If you want to watch Bishounen pimps pull their swords out of each other's asses, watch Bleach.

I've never seen so much filler in my life.

Inuyasha.[/thread]

Seriously, they could have condensed it down to two movies and 20 episodes. You'd miss nothing relevant to the plot aside from where the fuck the jewel shards came from (and even then, you can handwave that by saying there were only a dozen or so shards anyway).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #848 on: April 19, 2010, 07:20:33 PM »
I've never seen so much filler in my life.

Inuyasha.[/thread]

Seriously, they could have condensed it down to two movies and 20 episodes. You'd miss nothing relevant to the plot aside from where the fuck the jewel shards came from (and even then, you can handwave that by saying there were only a dozen or so shards anyway).[/quote]
Mmm, I'll have to call you on the Inuyasha thing. The final season was summed up in 26 episodes when they should have done it in 40 because they just wanted to get it done instead of explaining anything. And even the filler stuff in the first series still had stuff to do with Naraku, and the show in general. Bleach and Naruto? Hell no. Those fillers have absolutely NOTHING to do with the show whatsoever other than farting jokes (especially in Naruto), and blatantly waiting for the manga to get farther. Seriously. A ramen making contest with the Rasengan being used? Are you kidding me? Or how about that epic fight between Grimmjaw and Ichigo just randomly stopping so they could make a mini season of filler, and then go back to the filler. :o

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #849 on: April 19, 2010, 08:53:01 PM »
I've still not gotten to the point where Bleach is unenjoyable, but I always hated Naruto. It's funny how the thread usually ends up back at that point until someone mentions something else again...

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #850 on: April 19, 2010, 09:43:05 PM »
So, kekkaishi?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #851 on: April 19, 2010, 10:34:11 PM »
So, kekkaishi?
I enjoyed what I read of it.
My work

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #852 on: April 19, 2010, 10:35:53 PM »
So, kekkaishi?
Can't say I've heard of it, but I'll look into it.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #853 on: April 19, 2010, 10:44:37 PM »
My work

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #854 on: April 19, 2010, 11:41:11 PM »
It looks promising.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #855 on: April 19, 2010, 11:43:23 PM »
Warning: early on it parodies the infamous Bleach Cake Episode...

it gets better.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #856 on: April 20, 2010, 02:44:39 AM »
I've still not gotten to the point where Bleach is unenjoyable, but I always hated Naruto. It's funny how the thread usually ends up back at that point until someone mentions something else again...

For me, Bleach retains interest just because the early chapters are a good read. Up until Soul Society starts is where I was hooked on the series. Soul Society arc really should have left Captain Broken dead. He only came back because Kubo needed a way to end it and didn't want to make Gin the main villain.

But I'm never watching the anime again. Ever.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #857 on: April 20, 2010, 02:46:08 AM »
For me, Bleach retains interest just because the early chapters are a good read. Up until Soul Society starts is where I was hooked on the series. Soul Society arc really should have left Captain Broken dead. He only came back because Kubo needed a way to end it and didn't want to make Gin the main villain.
:lmao Captain Broken. That's an AWESOME name. I'm totally taking that, and referring to him as that from now on.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #858 on: April 20, 2010, 03:08:14 AM »
:lmao Captain Broken. That's an AWESOME name. I'm totally taking that, and referring to him as that from now on.

That's the actual fan nickname for him too. That, or Taco Aizen.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #859 on: April 20, 2010, 03:12:07 AM »

That's the actual fan nickname for him too. That, or Taco Aizen.
Really? That's the first time I've heard both.

After each chapter, we talk about him here. http://myanimelist.net/panel.php It keeps a pretty good record of what you've watched and read.