Author Topic: Various Anime/Manga  (Read 324519 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Various Anime/Manga
« Reply #800 on: April 09, 2010, 03:04:29 PM »
Random thought I had since I've been on a Touhou binge lately (the amount of remixes, including actual voiced songs, of game themes out there is amazing): Touhou classes!
Archer: Yukari, obviously. Not because shooting things is her shtick (it's everyone's shtick), but because she's broken. :D NP: Something GoB-esque, perhaps a train rushing out of a portal straight at someone.
Assassin: The three mischievous fairies who can become invisible and soundless and detect others, maybe? I dunno if three peple can become one servant (perhaps they can if they are always together in their story?), or if they're even significant enough. NP: No idea.
Berserker: Yuugi or Suika, probably, since they're oni and therefore freakishly strong. Both also have borked powers. Their NPs would probably be cups of sake or something.
Caster: Most likely Marisa or Alice, since they're specifically witches.
Lancer: Remilia, perhaps, if only because she has Gungnir.
Rider: Youmu doesn't really ride anything, per se (except perhaps Yuyuko in certain doujins...), but she does have the speed.
Saber: No idea... not many characters actually use a sword. There's some Tengu Catgirl chick, but I favor Flandre (who has Leavatein) because I'm into psycho girls.
My list
Archer: I'd go with Yukari only because nobody else really fits more than the others, and she fits the two Archers we know. In a danmaku game, pretty much EVERYONE qualifies.
Assassin: No freakin clue, Sakuya's abilities would fit the theming though.
Berserker: Flandre would be ideal here. Nobody goes berserk like she does. Suika maybe if she goes on a drunken rampage.
Caster: Patchouli, come on, pick the single best mage in the game! When shes not sick with something
Lancer: Only one spear wielder, so Remilia is it.
Rider: Reimu started out by riding this flying turtle, so yeah.
Saber: Youmu's got the blades.

Now, how about a cross series Servant assignment? One Servant per source:
Archer: Takamachi Nanoha(Nanoha)
Assassin: Nanaya Shiki(Tsukihime)
Berserker: Uzumaki Naruto(Naruto)
Caster: Yuki Nagato(Haruhi)
Lancer: Negi Springfield(Negima), hey, Titanslayer counts right? :P
Rider: Lelouch Lamperough(Code Geass)
Saber: Cloud Strife(Final Fantasy)

Whats yours?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #801 on: April 09, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »
Sakuya does seem like a good Assassin, nice catch. I'd still go with Marisa over Patchouli on the account that she has one single iconic attack (Master Spark), while Patchouli has a bunch of spells, but none that really stand out imo. Either Flandre or Suika work for me in the berserker role, really. I just wanna see a loli smacking around people (hey, guess who's my favorite Nanoha character). I pikced Youmu for Rider mainly because of the speed (5th war's Rider wasn't really riding anything when not using her NP, either). If we go with Reimu for Rider, then Youmu as Saber is definitely a yes.

I'm too lazy to figure out my own placements, and I agree with most of your list, though I'd sub Nanoha for Chise (SaiKano) as Archer, simply on account of Chise fitting into the "walking arsenal" theme of Archer 4 and Archer 5. Also, her NP, like Ea, is anti-world class.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #802 on: April 09, 2010, 03:33:30 PM »

Whats yours?
Titanslayer? Yeah, and Lancer is also the fastest Servant.

Shiki officially becomes "The God of Assassins" at some point in the future, Satsujinki (sometimes translated as "Shikiller")

For Rider, Gilgamesh was so powerful because his was the first story of its type and so many myths were spun off from him, right? Well then I can think of a Rider. His Noble Phantasm is his mount's forearm. Heck, if cheating is involved he could be summoned as a dual-class Rider/Berserker.

There was also mention of a "Now I have your power!" free-for-all:
Archer: Megaman
Assassin: Kakashi Hatake (Naruto)
Berserker: Samus Aran (Metroid Prime 3)
Caster: Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Lancer: ?
Rider: Kamen Rider Decade
Saber: Inferno (Soul Calibur)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 03:46:39 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #803 on: April 09, 2010, 03:45:28 PM »

Whats yours?
Titanslayer? Yeah, and Lancer is also the fastest Servant.

Shiki officially becomes "The God of Assassins" at some point in the future, Satsujinki (sometimes translated as "Shikiller")

For Rider, Gilgamesh was so powerful because his was the first story of its type and so many myths were spun off from him, right? Well then I can think of a Rider. His Noble Phantasm is his mount's forearm. Heck, if cheating is involved he could be summoned as a dual-class Rider/Berserker.

There was also mention of a "Now I have your power!" free-for-all:
Archer: Megaman
Assassin: Kakashi Hatake (Naruto)
Berserker: Samus Aran (Metroid Prime 3)
Caster: Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Lancer: ?
Rider: Kamen Rider Decade
Saber: Inferno (Soul Calibur)
Negi might still fit this as Lancer. Hey, he can just kiss his opponent to form a pactio. :P
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #804 on: April 09, 2010, 03:50:31 PM »
^^^
Just let Negi bring his pactio binder and deck, he can ally with Sakura. It'd be cute.
Obviously everyone brings their fully 'borrowed' kit along.

Got any good ideas for alternate Masters though?
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #805 on: April 09, 2010, 03:54:08 PM »
Negi Springfield
Noble Phantasms :
Class 2-A(!)
Magic Erebea
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #806 on: April 09, 2010, 04:00:42 PM »
^^^
Just let Negi bring his pactio binder and deck, he can ally with Sakura. It'd be cute.
Obviously everyone brings their fully 'borrowed' kit along.

Got any good ideas for alternate Masters though?
And oh what a kit that would be.

I started an Archer vs. Decade vs. Sakura thread at GitP, but the only arguments were "Decade can use a superspeed power to kill everyone before they know what's happening" and "Archer can snipe Decade's civilian form with a Broken Phantasm".
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #807 on: April 09, 2010, 04:02:05 PM »
To even it out: Sakura can distract both of them with her cuteness for long enough to bring out her big guns unhindered. :P

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #808 on: April 09, 2010, 04:15:09 PM »
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 04:33:21 PM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #809 on: April 09, 2010, 04:32:45 PM »
To even it out: Sakura can distract both of them with her cuteness for long enough to bring out her big guns unhindered. :P
Remember Sakura doesn't have to be seen to use her powers.
Quite a few of the cards are mid range summonings, not to mention Time.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #810 on: April 09, 2010, 05:58:55 PM »
So what happens if the cast of Hokuto no Ken gets assigned as Servants?

Which one would Kenshiro be, for example?
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #811 on: April 09, 2010, 06:00:51 PM »
Some of these names are mean, in a tongue in cheek way
Kogasa Tatara
    * The Cheery Forgotten Umbrella (TH12)
    * Pitiable Illegally Dumped Object (TH12.5)
Youmu Konpaku
    * Ghostly Gardener (TH07)
    * Half-phantom Gardener (TH07.5, TH10.5)
    * Half-human Half-ghost (TH08)
    * Half-human Half-ghost and Half-baked (TH09)
    * Kirisute Gomen (TH9.5)
    * Gardener of the Azure Sky (TH10.5)

Nitori Kawashiro
    * Super Youkai Warhead (TH10, TH11)
    * Aquatic Engineer (TH12.5)
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #812 on: April 09, 2010, 06:07:27 PM »
So what happens if the cast of Hokuto no Ken gets assigned as Servants?

Which one would Kenshiro be, for example?
See link above.
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #813 on: April 11, 2010, 04:40:04 AM »
A little something for the Gurren Lagan lovers here:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #814 on: April 11, 2010, 06:46:20 AM »
So, anyone managed to rip the new TTGL Parallel Works vids offsite yet?
Only way I could find was to try a screen recording, and that doesn't work when your connection is slow enough for it to be horribly jerky.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #815 on: April 13, 2010, 12:35:06 AM »
@FMA 106 (Spoilers): Edward is awesome...

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #816 on: April 13, 2010, 10:19:21 AM »
@FMA 106 (Spoilers): Edward is awesome...
[spoiler]
Did Ed just suck all the souls of Pride out?
If so, Father is going to be so damned surprised when he regenerates from the blast.
[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #817 on: April 13, 2010, 11:30:37 AM »
[spoiler]
Did Ed just suck all the souls of Pride out?
If so, Father is going to be so damned surprised when he regenerates from the blast.
[/spoiler]

I know it's in bad taste, but in the words of Taokaka:

[spoiler]His arm flew off!

The last pannel of that chapter shows Ed's arm being destroyed by the blast. If he does regenerate, now's the time. Still, badass way to stop Pride. And Cherkov-y.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #818 on: April 13, 2010, 07:54:43 PM »

Then I guess I'm even worse, 'cause I LOL'ed at that  :lmao

[spoiler]
Well.... I don't think Ed absorbed Pride's souls.... he merely "hacked" into Pride's being and blew up it's core... but let's see what happens after that blast...
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #819 on: April 14, 2010, 01:47:28 AM »

Then I guess I'm even worse, 'cause I LOL'ed at that  :lmao

[spoiler]
Well.... I don't think Ed absorbed Pride's souls.... he merely "hacked" into Pride's being and blew up it's core... but let's see what happens after that blast...
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I did like how Kimbley showed up to put Pride in his place. That took some badassery.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]