Author Topic: Various Anime/Manga  (Read 324522 times)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Various Anime/Manga
« Reply #760 on: April 01, 2010, 05:03:07 PM »
DAMMIT AGITA, SPOILER TAGS!!

I didn't think anyone would actually read past the link. :p Fixed.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #761 on: April 01, 2010, 05:24:56 PM »
[spoiler]So, Asuna is a decent of the Mage of the Beginning. And she's related at least by adoption to Arika.

And she's possibly hundreds of years old. And she's got a split personality. And she's integral to the BBEG's plot.

And Tertium is trying to save people's lives.[/spoiler]

I suspected that last part, but the rest of it is fucked up. Still, his goal does not justify putting a spear through Negi's shoulder, scattering the Ala Alba and the subsequent events that happen to each party member (Chisame becoming a Tentacle Grope star, Ako and company becoming slaves), erasing Jack, threatening to petrify Nodoka at least three times (and having done so once previously), merely approving of Tsukuyomi's methods of... you know. I have a new favorite villain, if by favorite I mean I want him to burn horribly. Dynamis comes a close second for threatening one of my top 5.

And it's official, [spoiler]Ken Akamatsu has dwarfed the Holocaust in terms of sheer numbers.

I suspect Negi will be exposed to the truth behind the Code of the Lifemaker, seeing as he's at least somewhat descended from a native of Mars.[/spoiler]

Any bets on who would win between Tertium and Captain Aizen? They have similar powers, considering what the Code of the Lifemaker has been shown to be able to do.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #762 on: April 01, 2010, 05:30:04 PM »
Chisame becoming a Tentacle Grope star
That one pretty much justifies itself. :P

As for petrifying Honya, I can see how he might have thought it was necessary, seeing as her H4XX mind-reading powers really are a threat to just about any plan when combined with her intelligence in applying them. From his point of view, it was likely one for many. Jack is probably in that garden thing where everyone else seems to have gone as well. The rest of the points stand.
Is it weird that I actually kind of like Tsukuyomi, in a can't stand to look at it, but can't look away way? I guess she falls into Evilly Affable for me. (As do most batshit insane cute girls, like Rena in the first chapter of Higurashi...)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 05:34:27 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #763 on: April 01, 2010, 05:33:21 PM »

Well, it is one of my favorite scenes...

I don't feel she deserved that, but she did need a wake-up call (her personality has shifted so much since this arc started by comparison to the last arc).

Edit:
Is it weird that I actually kind of like Tsukuyomi, in a can't stand to look at it, but can't look away way?

Well, she is hot by Yandere standards, but psycho women have always been a bit of a kink for me.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #764 on: April 01, 2010, 05:41:47 PM »
Found some context that may alter some theories here...

[spoiler]One of Fate's lines on page 13 implies he may have used the Code on Asuna herself, meaning she may not be required for the ability to function. Also, it may mean she is immune to it outright (and we have evidence that the Code can actually be used on Mundunus Vetes-natives.

Edit: Reading closer on the diagram reveals that collapsing the bridges between Earth and Mars may have done some damage to the overlay, possibly speeding up the inevitable end of the world.

In other words, Tertium may have been responsible for accelerating the destruction of the Magical World. Just to add one more Event to the Horizon...

'Nother one: Ok, she is needed for it, but she can be targeted by it herself.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 05:47:21 PM by Sinfire Titan »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #765 on: April 01, 2010, 06:31:29 PM »
Well, "sending them to the garden" seems a lot like "sending them to heaven" to me. Fate admits he doesn't even know much about it.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #766 on: April 01, 2010, 06:34:52 PM »

I don't feel she deserved that, but she did need a wake-up call (her personality has shifted so much since this arc started by comparison to the last arc).
Not saying she deserved it, just that tentacle scenes justify themselves most of the time (unless they're truly atrocious, like some doujinshi I've seen... you don't want to know). :P

Edit:
Is it weird that I actually kind of like Tsukuyomi, in a can't stand to look at it, but can't look away way?

Well, she is hot by Yandere standards, but psycho women have always been a bit of a kink for me.
I have many kinks. tentacles and crazy chicks are two of them. Just look at my avatar. :D

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #767 on: April 01, 2010, 07:33:19 PM »

Not saying she deserved it, just that tentacle scenes justify themselves most of the time (unless they're truly atrocious, like some doujinshi I've seen... you don't want to know). :P

Edit:

I have many kinks. tentacles and crazy chicks are two of them. Just look at my avatar. :D

Nasty guro/tentacle combination is nasty.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #768 on: April 01, 2010, 07:34:49 PM »
Guro is nasty, period.
Fixed that for you.

dither

• Hong Kong
  • Breaking the ninth wall
« Reply #769 on: April 01, 2010, 07:46:55 PM »
Just finished watching season 2 of Code Geass. Though it felt like an asspull, I think the ending made up for at least the second half season 1 (about 12 episodes of bullshit) ... but they're going to have to do a lot to make up for season 2 (about 24 episodes of bullshit).

It's no coincidence that the beginning of a series is usually better than ... the rest of it, though Code Geass had a pretty satisfying end. (To season 2, at least.)
"Stuck between a rogue and a bard place."

vanity
Read my webcomic!
Dither's Amazing Changing Avatars

[spoiler]
Quote from: Shadowhunter
Quote from: Flay Crimsonwind
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about Dither's power level?"
It's over nine thousand!

Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Anklebite
Quote from: dither
Well blow me down! :P
A SECTION OF THE CAVERN HAS COLLAPSED!
dither, Miner, has died after colliding with an obstacle!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #770 on: April 01, 2010, 08:09:40 PM »
And it's official, [spoiler]Ken Akamatsu has dwarfed the Holocaust in terms of sheer numbers.[/spoiler]
And (technically a SaiKano spoiler, though of the You Should Know This Already variety)
[spoiler]Chise still tops him.

[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #771 on: April 02, 2010, 04:01:51 AM »
Found some context that may alter some theories here...

[spoiler]One of Fate's lines on page 13 implies he may have used the Code on Asuna herself, meaning she may not be required for the ability to function. Also, it may mean she is immune to it outright (and we have evidence that the Code can actually be used on Mundunus Vetes-natives.

Edit: Reading closer on the diagram reveals that collapsing the bridges between Earth and Mars may have done some damage to the overlay, possibly speeding up the inevitable end of the world.

In other words, Tertium may have been responsible for accelerating the destruction of the Magical World. Just to add one more Event to the Horizon...

'Nother one: Ok, she is needed for it, but she can be targeted by it herself.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
I think what hes saying is that he CAN'T affect her with it, and can't use magic on her either, which makes Asuna more than a little difficult to contain. Sure, Fate could toss her about, but his harem can't be so sure of the fight.

I think I know what breaking the bridges was for though. He did it to desync Earth and Mundus Magicus so that they had more time to rewrite everyone to the Garden, as well as cut off interruption from Earth based do-gooders.

In a sense, they're both saving and destroying the world, save the people, destroy the place.
[/spoiler]

Also, found a hilarious gif.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #772 on: April 05, 2010, 09:13:15 AM »
So, Nanoha has an Armed device now after the debacle with AMF, converting RH to a flying attack drone.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

It's a buster sword-cum-railgun.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #773 on: April 05, 2010, 10:42:26 AM »
Sweet.
It also implies that Vita has one as well. I want to see that.

They just don't get tired of looking up car names for their Midchildans, do they?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #774 on: April 05, 2010, 11:07:46 AM »
The funny part is that it looks just like those Gundam spinoffs with all the highly-detailed variant models.
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/GNR-010/XN_XN_Raiser
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #775 on: April 05, 2010, 11:34:24 AM »
The funny part is that it looks just like those Gundam spinoffs with all the highly-detailed variant models.
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/GNR-010/XN_XN_Raiser
I'll go out on a limb and assume that's kind of the point.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #776 on: April 05, 2010, 01:38:39 PM »
RH as a full fledged attack drone though...
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #777 on: April 06, 2010, 07:37:20 PM »
Negima 285

[spoiler]So, Negi has decided to accept training from the Vizards take levels in Heir of Siberys transform into a demon permanently so he won't keep losing control of Magia Erebea.[/spoiler]
Apparently Eva plays Megaman.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 08:07:43 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #778 on: April 06, 2010, 07:56:21 PM »
Negima 285

[spoiler]So, Negi has decided to accept training from the Vizards take levels in Heir of Siberys transform into a demon permanently so he won't keep losing control of Magia Erebea.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Now that's what I call taking the bull by the horns. Superpowered Evil Side got you down? Make it your bitch.

Also: Fuck yeah, Eva's back. Her introduction was awesome, as always.
So she's one of those people that run around the house naked. [/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #779 on: April 06, 2010, 08:08:38 PM »
There is far less Negima-related homebrew than there should be.
[spoiler]Eva: Don't worry, he should be a mindless beast once it starts.
Negi: *Uses Duplex Complexio + Titan Slaying Thunder God Lance*
Everyone: Fuck.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 08:11:09 PM by Prime32 »
My work