Author Topic: Various Anime/Manga  (Read 324504 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Various Anime/Manga
« Reply #580 on: February 04, 2010, 11:32:37 PM »
apparently all the names are multilingual puns.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #581 on: February 05, 2010, 12:08:18 AM »
Aizen was surpirsed by one attack, so ass pulling is expected.
Remember, it's a captain requirement that they be able to use a bankai (with the one exception).

We're gonna get some serious fucked-upery soon. And why the hell is Ichigo sitting there not doing shit?

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #582 on: February 05, 2010, 12:40:40 AM »
Remember, it's a captain requirement that they be able to use a bankai (with the one exception).

We're gonna get some serious fucked-upery soon. And why the hell is Ichigo sitting there not doing shit?

He's waiting for his theme song power-up, probably.

Also: Las Noches = The Nights, Hueco Mundo = Empty World. Depending on context, "Hueco" can also mean dry.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #583 on: February 05, 2010, 01:25:37 AM »
Same thing he always does? Everything goes to hell and he saves the day, what else?
The good news is that Ichigo is watching so it's hopefully not an asspull of it was all an illusion. Probably more of an Azien don't have a heart thing, or he mastered Hallow powers to a point he regenerates without resurrecting, or he is a clone, w/e.

I did like this comic though, nice to see some gang rapeged going on instead of everything being 1 on 1 and screaming. Shinji's such a douchebag in battle, I love it. I bet a lot of people have oh crap moments fighting him.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #584 on: February 05, 2010, 02:36:46 AM »

One of three possible ways, yes. Remember, the other two don't require Bankai, and its never been stated that he's used anything above Shinkai.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #585 on: February 05, 2010, 02:42:59 AM »
Shinji's such a douchebag in battle, I love it. I bet a lot of people have oh crap moments fighting him.
Dude, best three frames I've seen in this comic in a long time, the smirk-smile is perfect on his punk-ass.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #586 on: February 05, 2010, 04:36:24 PM »
New Negima.
Title: The Magical World Annihilated

Theories on how those shadow-thingies work have been confirmed.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #587 on: February 05, 2010, 04:49:01 PM »
New Negima.
Title: The Magical World Annihilated

Theories on how those shadow-thingies work have been confirmed.

Shit...

Where's Eva when you need her?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #588 on: February 05, 2010, 04:52:39 PM »
I suspect Asuna is somehow the key to their using this disintegration-like power. Fate's crew certainly didn't demonstrate anything similar until they got her.

Massive losses in the side character casts, shit's getting serious.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #589 on: February 05, 2010, 05:07:45 PM »
Given that the big bad guy calls himself the 'puppet master', Eva might indeed be useful in this scenario.

[spoiler]Anyone else noticed that he's only "rewritten" magic world characters so far? :plot[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #590 on: February 05, 2010, 05:11:30 PM »
Shit...

Where's Eva when you need her?
Eva-chan, use your Marble Phantasm!

Anyone else noticed that he's only "rewritten" magic world characters so far? :plot
That was the "theory" thing. Heck, even the scanlator made a note of it in the margin.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 05:15:00 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #591 on: February 05, 2010, 06:05:15 PM »
Given that the big bad guy calls himself the 'puppet master', Eva might indeed be useful in this scenario.

[spoiler]Anyone else noticed that he's only "rewritten" magic world characters so far? :plot[/spoiler]
Which funny enough, puts our Mahora folks in a very good position to change the outcome.

The more interesting thing to me is that the beam can destroy Yue's clothing(which is native to Mundus Magicus), pass through her like she wasn't there and continue to 'rewrite' people.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #592 on: February 05, 2010, 06:08:34 PM »
The more interesting thing to me is that the beam can destroy Yue's clothing(which is native to Mundus Magicus), pass through her like she wasn't there and continue to 'rewrite' people.
Not too surprising, I think. Ken does have to fulfill a certain fanservice quota. :smirk
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #593 on: February 05, 2010, 10:38:01 PM »
Well, it was interesting, hardly was surprising(especially the confession on death), but I don't think we've seen that many attacks just blow through someone to hit someone behind without dealing damage. Theres just that one shinmeryu strike.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #594 on: February 07, 2010, 10:26:54 PM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #595 on: February 07, 2010, 10:46:20 PM »
Thus falls a hero

FUCK!

[spoiler]
Ok, there's something more to this. Tertium is calling Jack an illusory being. Jack dissapated just like everyone else native to the magical world. The magical world collapsing is a result of a spell backfiring or expiring, and Fate's company is trying to speed it up. Godel probably wanted to translocate the humanoid residents to the Mundunus Vetes to spare them and avoid this result a while longer.

Regardless, Fate's crossed the Horizon IMO.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #596 on: February 08, 2010, 01:00:33 AM »
^^^
Regardless, time for Negi to pick up the fight from there.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #597 on: February 10, 2010, 02:41:22 PM »
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 02:53:44 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #598 on: February 10, 2010, 03:30:11 PM »
 :lmao

Took me a little while to realize the little girl had Toki's moveset.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #599 on: February 10, 2010, 06:37:46 PM »
And the anticipated Asspull does indeed happen. Bleach isn't over yet. Frieza Aizen isn't dead. Well, sorta.

[spoiler][/spoiler]