Author Topic: Various Anime/Manga  (Read 324474 times)

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Various Anime/Manga
« Reply #401 on: September 16, 2009, 05:44:04 PM »
This was posted in a thread on GitP, which shot to 10 pages in hours before being locked.
It's MANIME! Anime for Men!
So was this, which has nothing to do with anime but made me lol.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 05:51:58 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #402 on: September 16, 2009, 08:00:09 PM »
You know, I could probably get people cameos in GitP's Visual Novel as my subordinates. :p The characters' names are based on your usernames - the most obvious would be "Vickie" :D (which gives me a Nena Trinity vibe for some reason ???).
That sounds rather cool...
So is that a yes? Any other takers? The main robots in this thing are ginormous beasts formed by combining battleships. (Read) Any details on your character or should I just say that one of the secondary pilots is called Kuro? :p
[spoiler]
Quote from: 13_CBS
Once the Task Force assembles into a PLANT, direct control over the PLANT is handed over to the Primary Pilot. All other vehicle pilots except for the bridge crew of the command frigate relinquish control over to the Primary Pilot, who manipulates the huge mech and its constituent parts through thoughts relayed down a complex neural matrix housed mainly in the carrier--when the Task Force's vehicles assemble into PLANT mode, they become connected to the rest of the PLANT by said neural matrix, and in turn, the Secondary Pilots become mentally connected to the Primary Pilot. Although their minds to not exactly "fuse", ideas and commands are transferred at the speed of thought from the Primary Pilot to the Secondary Pilots. It is by commanding the Secondary Pilots this way that the Primary Pilot moves the PLANT.

In short, moving a PLANT, from the point of view of the Primary Pilot, is much like moving one's own body, except that the body's cells suddenly get a democratic vote on how to respond to the brain's commands. Luckily, Imperial Navy pilots are usually a fairly well-disciplined bunch, and the Navy screens for Primary Pilot candidates who are particularly abrasive or difficult to get along with.

The effectiveness of a PLANT relies heavily upon the morale of the Secondary Pilots. The Primary and Secondary Pilots must act as one, much like a single body--if they do not coordinate, the best Primary Pilot in the galaxy and the best Secondary Pilots in the galaxy could not hope to defeat even a lone BTS. The opposite is true, however: even mediocre Primary and Secondary Pilots can overcome incredible odds of their spirits are high enough and their wills are aligned.

Primary Pilots have no other role in combat aside from piloting a PLANT. They are not commissioned officers, nor do they have any real authority over the other crew members when not piloting a PLANT.

Primary Pilots are chosen primarily on the basis of having a specific psychic attribute that is not fully understood by science. For some reason, certain people have an unusually high synchronization rating when they not only are mentally aligned with their Secondary Pilots but also when they are in a certain state of mind or feeling a certain emotion. There is an unknown element to this, as simply injecting Primary Pilots with hormones and other chemicals to artificially recreate that mindset or emotion does not work--the Primary Pilot must be in that mindset or feel that emotion all by himself, without the aid of drugs or other stimulants/depressants. The mindset/emotion that the Pilots must subject themselves to is called the Pilot's 'Anima'.

The following are the Anima of each 8th Fleet Primary Pilot, and others':

Furi: Becoming emotionally detached or doubting his sense of morality weakens his piloting abilities, while a strong will to promote his own brand of justice and becoming deeply attached to other people amplifies his skills.

Siela: Feeling and acknowledging fear and doubting her own abilities weakens her, while feeling confident and brave strengthens her.

Kara: Losing control over her emotions makes her less synchronized--being calm and in control makes her more synchronized.

Kamia: Having positive emotions towards her brother strengthens her piloting; having negative emotions towards him weakens it.

Ritt: Feeling like being honorable and noble towards an enemy strengthens his piloting, while wanting to trick and fight dirty weakens it.

Roag: Feeling as though things are out of his control limits his abilities, while feeling in control amplifies them.

Illa: Illa is a curious exception in that she does not have an Anima. Instead, she has attained the prestigious reputation of being the best pilot in the fleets (behind Admiral Roag, of course) through sheer skill and the professionalism of her Secondary Pilots.
(Ila is my character, though most of the details were beyond my control :p)[/spoiler]
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #403 on: September 16, 2009, 08:29:36 PM »
Any other takers?
Ooh! Ooh! Me too! *bandwagon* Agita works as a name anyway (no consecutive consonants), so there you go. Meganekko, preferably. :D
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #404 on: September 16, 2009, 08:31:47 PM »
This was posted in a thread on GitP, which shot to 10 pages in hours before being locked.
It's MANIME! Anime for Men!
So was this, which has nothing to do with anime but made me lol.
Why is Kamina not at the front? THIS IS AN AFFRONT TO MANLINESS.
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #405 on: September 16, 2009, 11:15:27 PM »
You know, I could probably get people cameos in GitP's Visual Novel as my subordinates. :p The characters' names are based on your usernames - the most obvious would be "Vickie" :D (which gives me a Nena Trinity vibe for some reason ???).
That sounds rather cool...
So is that a yes? Any other takers? The main robots in this thing are ginormous beasts formed by combining battleships. (Read) Any details on your character or should I just say that one of the secondary pilots is called Kuro? :p
[spoiler]
Quote from: 13_CBS
Once the Task Force assembles into a PLANT, direct control over the PLANT is handed over to the Primary Pilot. All other vehicle pilots except for the bridge crew of the command frigate relinquish control over to the Primary Pilot, who manipulates the huge mech and its constituent parts through thoughts relayed down a complex neural matrix housed mainly in the carrier--when the Task Force's vehicles assemble into PLANT mode, they become connected to the rest of the PLANT by said neural matrix, and in turn, the Secondary Pilots become mentally connected to the Primary Pilot. Although their minds to not exactly "fuse", ideas and commands are transferred at the speed of thought from the Primary Pilot to the Secondary Pilots. It is by commanding the Secondary Pilots this way that the Primary Pilot moves the PLANT.

In short, moving a PLANT, from the point of view of the Primary Pilot, is much like moving one's own body, except that the body's cells suddenly get a democratic vote on how to respond to the brain's commands. Luckily, Imperial Navy pilots are usually a fairly well-disciplined bunch, and the Navy screens for Primary Pilot candidates who are particularly abrasive or difficult to get along with.

The effectiveness of a PLANT relies heavily upon the morale of the Secondary Pilots. The Primary and Secondary Pilots must act as one, much like a single body--if they do not coordinate, the best Primary Pilot in the galaxy and the best Secondary Pilots in the galaxy could not hope to defeat even a lone BTS. The opposite is true, however: even mediocre Primary and Secondary Pilots can overcome incredible odds of their spirits are high enough and their wills are aligned.

Primary Pilots have no other role in combat aside from piloting a PLANT. They are not commissioned officers, nor do they have any real authority over the other crew members when not piloting a PLANT.

Primary Pilots are chosen primarily on the basis of having a specific psychic attribute that is not fully understood by science. For some reason, certain people have an unusually high synchronization rating when they not only are mentally aligned with their Secondary Pilots but also when they are in a certain state of mind or feeling a certain emotion. There is an unknown element to this, as simply injecting Primary Pilots with hormones and other chemicals to artificially recreate that mindset or emotion does not work--the Primary Pilot must be in that mindset or feel that emotion all by himself, without the aid of drugs or other stimulants/depressants. The mindset/emotion that the Pilots must subject themselves to is called the Pilot's 'Anima'.

The following are the Anima of each 8th Fleet Primary Pilot, and others':

Furi: Becoming emotionally detached or doubting his sense of morality weakens his piloting abilities, while a strong will to promote his own brand of justice and becoming deeply attached to other people amplifies his skills.

Siela: Feeling and acknowledging fear and doubting her own abilities weakens her, while feeling confident and brave strengthens her.

Kara: Losing control over her emotions makes her less synchronized--being calm and in control makes her more synchronized.

Kamia: Having positive emotions towards her brother strengthens her piloting; having negative emotions towards him weakens it.

Ritt: Feeling like being honorable and noble towards an enemy strengthens his piloting, while wanting to trick and fight dirty weakens it.

Roag: Feeling as though things are out of his control limits his abilities, while feeling in control amplifies them.

Illa: Illa is a curious exception in that she does not have an Anima. Instead, she has attained the prestigious reputation of being the best pilot in the fleets (behind Admiral Roag, of course) through sheer skill and the professionalism of her Secondary Pilots.
(Ila is my character, though most of the details were beyond my control :p)[/spoiler]

Works for me! I'll probably be the badass with the good pilot school scores that wants to be number one but is a softie deep down.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #406 on: September 18, 2009, 03:04:39 PM »
Negima 264 is up on Onemanga.

Someone just got the sucker punch of the series...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #407 on: September 18, 2009, 03:21:28 PM »

[spoiler]

Very nice Shut Up Hannibal.[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #408 on: September 18, 2009, 03:37:21 PM »

[spoiler]

I love how his uppercut seems to miror the one his dad gave to the Mage of the Beginning, minus Nagi's epic style.

I said it earlier, he's learned a little too much from Jack.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #409 on: September 18, 2009, 06:11:59 PM »
Remember Haruhigelion? This vid is actually pretty well done in comparison to other "Eva OP w/ Haruhi"s I've seen.

Speaking of OP parodies, check out Alucard no Yuutsu.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #410 on: September 18, 2009, 11:40:55 PM »

[spoiler]

Pretty sure he just got totally baited into that there.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #411 on: September 19, 2009, 01:28:56 AM »
So how's the Evangelion eroge parody mecha forum fanfic coming along?

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #413 on: September 19, 2009, 07:09:19 PM »
Slowly.
My work

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #416 on: September 22, 2009, 03:40:24 AM »
Slowly.

You want me to pitch in with a background of my own or something? It should help.  :D

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #417 on: October 02, 2009, 10:29:36 AM »
Negima #265 is out. It's titled "Encroaching Darkness".

http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/265
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 12:13:27 PM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #418 on: October 02, 2009, 12:30:31 PM »
I guess thats why he brought those girls along, to serve as emergency chill pills.
And we finally get to see what Erebea Encroachment does. It's awesome.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #419 on: October 02, 2009, 12:49:44 PM »
And the Anti-Negi looks badass to no end!

But... what about the fight between Rakkan and Tertium?

[spoiler][/spoiler]