Author Topic: Various Anime/Manga  (Read 324509 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Various Anime/Manga
« Reply #360 on: September 03, 2009, 10:27:49 PM »
And it looks like she's got a gun, IMO.
She seems to gripping something, so possibly a gun shaped like a cat - those definitely look like cat ears.

Its an Assault Kitten 47.
You sir, win one free internet!

Magic Erebea charging is QUITE intense it seems. Heh. And Sayo chan is just getting a lot of sights.
Screw the laws of reality, hes just that awesome.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #361 on: September 04, 2009, 12:24:46 AM »
You sir, win one free internet!

Magic Erebea charging is QUITE intense it seems. Heh. And Sayo chan is just getting a lot of sights.
Screw the laws of reality, hes just that awesome.

Incidentally:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Gah! Stupid white borders. Need to scale down the canvas size if I ever edit those again.

Edit: And I changed my avatar at GiantITP.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #362 on: September 04, 2009, 04:36:42 PM »
So...

For a change of subject, any Macross fans here?

~Bowen
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #363 on: September 04, 2009, 04:40:38 PM »
So...

~Bowen
My knowledge of Macross is limited to this. They never showed Robotech here.

(Alright... it's a number of Real Robot shows with fighter jets that transform into robots, battleships that transform into robots, lots of character development, and music often playing a pivotal role in the plot)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 04:45:01 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #364 on: September 04, 2009, 04:48:50 PM »
So...

~Bowen

(Alright... it's a number of Real Robot shows with fighter jets that transform into robots, battleships that transform into robots, lots of character development, and music often playing a pivotal role in the plot)

In other words, awesome :D
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #365 on: September 04, 2009, 05:01:15 PM »
So...

~Bowen

Namely either being the key to defeating the enemy, or at least being present because of a love triangle involving a musician.

Incidentally, been playing some Mana Khemia 2. Whoever said JRPGs were a dying genre can suck my fat, hairy balls and my honey-glazed cock. Haven't seen characters this creative in a while.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #366 on: September 04, 2009, 05:26:52 PM »
Namely either being the key to defeating the enemy, or at least being present because of a love triangle involving a musician.
Culminating in Super Robot Wars Alpha 3, which featured both Macross 7 and Macross Plus. The final Big Bad is a multiversal entity beyond life and death who has been manipulating everything behind the scenes. He has a huge armada and is completely impervious to all your attacks. Then a bunch of Macross characters write a new song called "GONG" which basically embodies all the positive traits of humanity. When they start to play it nothing happens... and then all your battleships start blasting it out of their speakers at once. The enemies flee in terror, and the final boss roars in pain as its final boss theme is overridden by this.

I suppose you could call me an indirect fan, because I wrote English lyrics. :D
[spoiler]
As our hearts cry out intense, confused
Swelling up, a burning feeling inside our chests
Hand in hand, standing at the path to the final stage
As we set off now we swear an oath on this day

Here we go, before the day can break
Now it's time to set our course and reach for the skies
We must always remember all the tears and the smiles
So please never let us forget our time on the Earth

We stand straight and tall, only because our tears still fall
But with the power of love
We'll take our future back in our hands
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh!
Ring out the gong of fate!

Leap into the final battleground, proud soldier of destiny
With a sword of lightning blazing red, swing and strike down all your foes
If your dreams of peace will e'er come true, trust in hope o steel hero
Believe in the future yet to come, protect our tomorrow
To the end! To the end!

If we slow and all our power is spent
And the blades of our passion crumble to ash
Even then we will never give or turn and flee
And our graves will drift broken through the sea of the stars

Our fear grips us tight, but we won't throw away our pride
We have the power of love!
So that even alone we drive on
Ring out the gong of fate!

Dancing armed with only their courage, proud soldiers of destiny
Now you must unlease your golden wings, and rise into the air
Never know the meaning of retreat, strong and mighty steel heroes
Do not throw away your burning souls, let them be your sword and shield
To the end! To the end!

Whoa oh oh oh oh!
Whoa oh oh oh oh!
Whoa oh oh oh oh!
Whoa oh oh!

Ring the gong! Ring the gong! Ring out the gong of fate!

Leap into the final battleground, proud soldier of destiny
With a sword of lightning blazing red, swing and strike down all your foes
If your dreams of peace will e'er come true, trust in hope o steel hero
Believe in the future yet to come, protect our tomorrow
To the end! To the end!
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:22:55 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #367 on: September 05, 2009, 12:07:46 AM »

Heehee.
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #368 on: September 05, 2009, 04:14:45 AM »

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I never realised how good they look in kaminashades.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #369 on: September 05, 2009, 11:18:42 AM »
There's a Youtube video with the entire series, set to "Pierce the Heavens with Your XXX!"
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #370 on: September 05, 2009, 12:40:23 PM »
Vid or it didn't happen.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #371 on: September 05, 2009, 12:41:35 PM »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #372 on: September 05, 2009, 01:16:53 PM »
That was amazingly well done. And heh, you get flashbacks just watching that.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #373 on: September 05, 2009, 01:32:03 PM »
That was amazingly well done. And heh, you get flashbacks just watching that.
*Clenches fist, manly tears running down face*

EDIT: Where did the crying manly tears smiley go?
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #374 on: September 12, 2009, 06:18:25 PM »
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #376 on: September 12, 2009, 06:27:06 PM »
Checketh thy PMs, Prime.
Oh, that's what reminded me to post this.
My work

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #377 on: September 12, 2009, 08:03:29 PM »
Just finished watching The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (3 guesses what it's about). Well animated with a sharp look and animation, and a rather touching (if not particularly deep) story with a subtext of coming of age and accepting mistakes. Minimizing Spoilerific potential, it does have a Bittersweet Ending, but I definitley think it wound up better for it. Definite recommendation.

On a . . . stranger note. I recently discovered Katawa Shoujo. It is the absolute definition of Better Than it Sounds. I spent the last week playing through the demo release to 100% completion because of how addictively cute/endearing it is. Incredible polish, super tactful (without being apologetic), and well-written (mostly), it blew my mind with how good of a product a group of amateurs could put out. I cannot wait for the finished product.
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #378 on: September 12, 2009, 08:10:49 PM »
Just finished watching The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (3 guesses what it's about). Well animated with a sharp look and animation, and a rather touching (if not particularly deep) story with a subtext of coming of age and accepting mistakes. Minimizing Spoilerific potential, it does have a Bittersweet Ending, but I definitley think it wound up better for it. Definite recommendation.
I can second this one. Did you watch one of the TV series or the film release? I got the latter on DVD a few months ago - believe it or not, the German dub is actually decent.

On a . . . stranger note. I recently discovered Katawa Shoujo. It is the absolute definition of Better Than it Sounds. I spent the last week playing through the demo release to 100% completion because of how addictively cute/endearing it is. Incredible polish, super tactful (without being apologetic), and well-written (mostly), it blew my mind with how good of a product a group of amateurs could put out. I cannot wait for the finished product.
So that's where that girl is from. I've seen her a few times on /c/. Gonna have to give that a try.

If 4kids got their grubby hands on Elfen Lied. It's funny because it's true.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 08:14:12 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #379 on: September 12, 2009, 08:14:42 PM »
I can second this one. Did you watch one of the TV series or the film release?
The 2006 film. Might I might have to check out the preceding material now; I haven't had a good anime to watch in a while, and only 5 episodes is nice since school's started up. Might check out the 2002 film as well...

So that's where that girl is from. I've seen her a few times on /c/. Gonna have to give that a try.
Rin = Awesome

No contest.
Siggy

xkcd. It Rocks.

[/spoiler]