Author Topic: Various Anime/Manga  (Read 324979 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Various Anime/Manga
« Reply #280 on: July 07, 2009, 07:15:57 PM »
"Sexy Commando Sidestory: That's Amazing, Masaru!"?

Besides, how many unconnected anime have you watched with "Sexy Commando" in the title anyway? :twitch
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #281 on: July 07, 2009, 11:20:10 PM »
"Sexy Commando Sidestory: That's Amazing, Masaru!"?

Besides, how many unconnected anime have you watched with "Sexy Commando" in the title anyway? :twitch

Sexy Commando is actually broken down into three separate series, for starters. And let's not get into how many different hentai series one might find by that name.

Also, sugoi has, among other meanings, hideous. It depends on context, which makes the title a pun.

Yeah, I was kinda doubting about doing a google or wiki search before posting after reading your description. Should've done that I guess :P

See, this is why I usually memorize anime by their original, Japanese names. That way, if someone mentions a name like Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoi Yo! Masaru-san, I know they're talking about Sexy Commando.  :P
...I don't want to know.
Don't listen to him. I want to know. :P

Sexy Commando is the story of a guy named Masaru who allegedly mastered every martial art and condensed it into a form of fighting he calls the Sexy Commando... which basically boils down to fighting in such an embarassing way that your foes drop their guard and die. In the first episode, Masaru accomplishes this by lowering his pants down to his ankles, sashaying his hips as he walks towards the two thugs he's fighting, and punching them in the face while they're busy trying not to stare at his boxer-clad junk.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #282 on: July 08, 2009, 12:09:23 AM »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #283 on: July 08, 2009, 10:26:43 AM »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #284 on: July 08, 2009, 11:07:24 AM »
Negima 257

We have officially been jossed.
Um... seems like the opposite to me.
Reference my theory on the whole Mars thing. The end of the chapter is either leading to an I Knew It moment or just going to cause more epileptic trees to grow.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #285 on: July 09, 2009, 02:27:07 AM »
It's not like it came out of the blue.
We've had the map and Chao's statement for a while now.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #286 on: July 23, 2009, 01:36:03 PM »
And 258 is now up. Looks like we're in for Jack VS Tertium during the next few chapters.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #287 on: July 23, 2009, 05:37:45 PM »
In addition, you were both right AND wrong about that location.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #288 on: July 23, 2009, 06:07:11 PM »
Negima 258
[spoiler]So the magical world was created through magic? And Asuna's power is... OH. MY. GOD. :o I think I know how Mars becomes habitable...

Did Jack just call Fate a turd? Also, the identity of Negi's mother is now unclear again, given the look on Rakan's face as he randomly confirmed it. (NEVER TRUST RAKAN!)[/spoiler]
All the girls have man-faces on the first page.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 06:15:34 PM by Prime32 »
My work

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #289 on: July 23, 2009, 06:35:18 PM »
In order:

yes
yes, and OMG indeed.  Cue Chao.  Working with Negi by working against him.  Though....maybe....
[spoiler]maybe she wants Asuna's power to be used.  And Mundus Magicus brought to Mars.  I don't really have many ideas on this part yet.  Or what exactly would happen if the group from back then (aka Tertius) succeeded.[/spoiler]
Yes (and hilarious)
Actually, I think he's serious.  Primarily because of what you mentioned.  [spoiler]I mean, they have heavy hints as to it being true in previous chapters, to the point of it being almost official, and then there's that one dude who did confirm it, though he is not to be fully trusted.  Of course, this could all be leading up to a major twist on the order of Al being his mom or something.  Which would actually fit, as most people would think that it WAS her, and only a select few would know Al was posing as her.[/spoiler]  Also...
[spoiler]Negi's "sister" is actually his mother/Asuna's sister.  Near the begining when he did the whole show Asuna his memories of 6 years ago thing, Negi's sister (who's name escapes me atm) says in response to Negi asking if she's ever been rescued by Nagi: "That's a secret!".  I think there's something in that.[/spoiler]
And yes.  It is odd, too.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #290 on: July 23, 2009, 08:03:28 PM »
Well, there was my theory that the shifts in Chisame's behaviour since coming to the magical world are more than just character development. Maybe being pretty much permaloli (that is now my new favourite word) made her mind more like that of a child... or maybe it's because she's in familiar surroundings...

She already looks quite a bit like Asuna, though Arika looks more like Eva.

[spoiler]Also, Rakan should have said something like "I have no.1 plus no.2 to take care of" as he skipped to the loo.
Because 1+2=Tertium, geddit?[/spoiler]

On an unrelated note, I always hear Ribbons Almark's voice when Fate talks. Sometimes I even hear the music. If I find an anime clip where Fate's hair isn't light green I will throw a fit.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:19:41 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #291 on: July 23, 2009, 08:28:05 PM »
Well, there was my theory that the shifts in Chisame's behaviour since coming to the magical world are more than just character development. Maybe being pretty much permaloli (that is now my new favourite word) made her mind more like that of a child... or maybe it's because she's in familiar surroundings...

She already looks quite a bit like Asuna, though Arika looks more like Eva.

[spoiler]Also, Rakan should have said something like "I have no.1 plus no.2 to take care of" as he skipped to the loo.
Because 1+2=Tertium, geddit?[/spoiler]

On an unrelated note, I always hear Ribbons Almark's voice when Fate talks. Sometimes I even hear the music. If I find an anime clip where Fate's hair isn't light green I will throw a fit.

Chisame is starting to accept the fact that her life will never be normal again. I get the feeling that if she took lessons from either Eva, Yue, Al, or Negi, she would be a solid caster for the group. Then again, so would Sayo.

Edit: The Manga itself says that Chisame is the end result of deconstructing Naru's personality. Well, part of the result. Asuna is also a part of that result. Despite this, I doubt the two are directly related in any way. Remember, there's only 6 faces here because of the sheer size of the cast. The similarities between Asuna and Negi's sister have been lampshaded enough that it isn't a coincidence, but the similarities between Asuna and Chisame have never been mentioned. Remember, Chisame is supposed to have acne and other skin traits that the manga doesn't show (just like Asuna's paipan).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:31:06 PM by Sinfire Titan »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #292 on: July 23, 2009, 10:01:43 PM »
Another Arika candidate

(Because if I suggest enough one will be right :D)
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #293 on: July 23, 2009, 10:37:42 PM »
Another Arika candidate

Arika doesn't practice Shinmei-Ryu. She's a pure mage, from what we've seen. Toko may be an action babe, but she's not on the same level as Arika.

And the Dart Board Logic has a lot of holes in it.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #294 on: July 24, 2009, 07:35:10 AM »
Another Arika candidate

And the Dart Board Logic has a lot of holes in it.
Thats coz o all the darts.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #295 on: July 24, 2009, 11:21:57 AM »

Considering he's also talking about a female character, it's also an innuendo.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #296 on: July 24, 2009, 04:47:07 PM »

Considering he's also talking about a female character, it's also an innuendo.
And the dart would be...:D
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #297 on: July 25, 2009, 02:42:51 PM »
Am I the only one who noticed that the hair on the guy Rakan's up against is different from Fate's? If you ask me, that looks more like the WHPB from Rakan's flashback movie rather than Tertium.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #298 on: July 25, 2009, 03:40:46 PM »
Am I the only one who noticed that the hair on the guy Rakan's up against is different from Fate's? If you ask me, that looks more like the WHPB from Rakan's flashback movie rather than Tertium.

You mean Zect? The two look almost identical, but Zect is a good guy and wouldn't fight Jack. Tertium's also not in his Shota form, so he's probably just aged up. Look at the Fate from Jack's flashback and the one in 258. They look almost identical, or should anyway.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #299 on: July 25, 2009, 03:41:42 PM »
Negi's hair is slightly different when he's older anyway.
My work