Author Topic: Various Anime/Manga  (Read 324518 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Various Anime/Manga
« Reply #1320 on: July 24, 2010, 02:15:13 PM »
[spoiler]Whereas I thought "The Mage of the Beginning created the Book of Darkness, someone should write a crossover".[/spoiler]
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1321 on: July 24, 2010, 02:19:56 PM »
[spoiler]Fuck yeah.[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1322 on: July 24, 2010, 02:41:42 PM »
[spoiler]Material-N[/spoiler]
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1323 on: July 24, 2010, 02:50:55 PM »
[spoiler]I have no idea what that means, but it sounds cool.[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #1324 on: July 24, 2010, 02:56:20 PM »
Anyone else seen the first episode of Cat Shit One yet?

Suitably awesome :)
It's finally come out?
Gotta watch it on Monday when I get back home.
With subs and all (althought the words sometimes break of into the next line) :)

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=144315

EDIT: Too bad Rats isn't in it though. Ow well, at least Packy is fucking badass :)

Just saw this. Story and dialogue seem pretty generic, but the 3D animated animal cruelty is awesome.
Have you ever read the manga? (known as Apocalypse Meow in the west)

It's pretty good storytelling, kinda like an actual 'Nam story that just happens to have animals instead of humans.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1325 on: July 24, 2010, 02:59:11 PM »

It's finally come out?
With subs and all (althought the words sometimes break of into the next line) :)

EDIT: Too bad Rats isn't in it though. Ow well, at least Packy is fucking badass :)

Just saw this. Story and dialogue seem pretty generic, but the 3D animated animal cruelty is awesome.

It's pretty good storytelling, kinda like an actual 'Nam story that just happens to have animals instead of humans.
Nope, just the one episode. From what I've seen, Packy is The Vet and Bota is The New Kid. Presumably, Packy teaches Bota how to be a soldier, they become best buddies, eventually Packy is KIA and Bota becomes a man. On a scale of 1 to 10, how accurate is that? :D

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1326 on: July 24, 2010, 03:13:40 PM »
[spoiler]I have no idea what that means, but it sounds cool.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]http://nanoha.wikia.com/wiki/Material[/spoiler]

EDIT: On Fate/stay night, I think the Let's Play has reached the point where these videos aren't spoilers for people who read it.
Fate/unlimited codes attacks

Also, re: last update. I now know where a certain Battle Moon Wars boss's final attack comes from. :o
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 08:43:17 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1327 on: July 24, 2010, 09:20:51 PM »
Speaking of spoilers, how much of HF does F/Z spoil? As in, will I still face low-flying spoilers if I start reading at this point, or am I better off waiting until the end?

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #1328 on: July 25, 2010, 03:23:10 AM »
Not much left I think, except for what happened in the final showdown(which we already know the gist of, Grail Evil, Saber Smite, Kotomine Kiritsugu showdown, Gilgamesh vs Saber) and some Sakura backstory(Rape rape rape?).
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1329 on: July 25, 2010, 09:21:45 AM »
Not much left I think, except for what happened in the final showdown(which we already know the gist of, Grail Evil, Saber Smite, Kotomine Kiritsugu showdown, Gilgamesh vs Saber) and some Sakura backstory(Rape rape rape?).
Well, the final showdown isn't even translated yet, is it? I looked at bakatsuki, the last volume isn't up yet.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1330 on: July 25, 2010, 10:42:24 AM »
Yep, so, really little you could spoil yourself on left, unless Zouken had another worm up his sleeve or Ilya does something(on top of our knowing her final fate). Saber's story is over, Rider wasn't in the last War, Shirou's story is pretty clear and Rin probably doesn't have anything in Fate/Zero of significance.

New Prisma Ilya Special

Oh god, Rin ahahahaha.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1331 on: July 25, 2010, 11:21:57 AM »
Fun fact: Luvia is voiced by Yukari Tamura.

In the early development stages of F/SN she was Lancer's Master (note what Class card she starts with). Yeah, that was back when Shirou and Saber looked like this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Also, take a look at who's voicing Fate/Extra's Caster.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:52:53 AM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1332 on: July 25, 2010, 11:29:38 AM »
Has in Tohsaka Rin  a worthy rival due to their similarities, their encounters always result in fierce clashes. After a year together, a silent agreement was forged within the Department of Mineralogy of Clock Tower that "Tohsaka and Edelfelt must not attend classes together". The facade that she built for herself was withering away after a decade of use and her bad temper was already starting to appear, but after Rin showed up her daily life improved.

On a certain occasion, Luvia tried to reserve the 28th room in the top floor of the Norwich Students Dormitory entirely for herself, but that became impossible when Rin also asked the same room. After a series of events that resulted in the recommendation letter that Rin got from a Lord being tore apart, a big fight broke out and a reception desk was destroyed in the process. Afterwards, both were forbidden from ever entering the dormitory again. So, because boarding houses are too small, she bought a European-style mansion for herself live in.

Comedy Gold!
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1333 on: July 25, 2010, 12:01:17 PM »
Speaking of gold, did I mention that Gilgamesh is a Power Ranger?
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1334 on: July 25, 2010, 12:29:04 PM »
Homing lasers?
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #1335 on: July 25, 2010, 01:22:28 PM »
Homing lasers?

I was too busy laughing at the sparkle sound effect. IIRC, this Sentai instalment is pre-Twilight, but even still that SE is just out of place. Especially for a Gold Ranger.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1336 on: July 25, 2010, 01:24:32 PM »
Homing lasers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gm6czdcp3k

On Fate/Extra:
[spoiler]It's been confirmed that the final boss, Servant Saver, is freaking Buddha.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 01:27:10 PM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1337 on: July 25, 2010, 01:40:32 PM »
Emphasis on HOMING
[spoiler]Savior class eh.[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1338 on: July 25, 2010, 03:22:08 PM »
Speaking of missiles, I've recently been checking out more Touhou doujins. Here are some gems.

Anything and everything by Chihagura - NSFW
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Like Neko No Sakegoto, these guys are brilliant at perverted romantic comedy.

The King of Moriya
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
A pretty epic backstory for Suwako and Kanako. Comparatively long.

Yagokoro Lab - The Most Moe Situation - NSFW
[spoiler][/spoiler]
A short but fun one. Eirin explains the finer points of eroge tropes.

Miko Miko Suika series
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Suika as a Hakurei miko. Lots of other characters in miko outfits, Youmu in a maid outfit. Cute+funny. :love

Nyarisu SOS! - Mildly NSFW
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Catgirl Alice. That is all.

Touhou Jenga Madness
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
What Do You Mean, Jenga's Not Awesome?

U~ Vol. 2
[spoiler][/spoiler]
The SDM has a kotatsu. Very short, but nosebleed-inducingly adorable.

And finally, the highlight...

*drumroll*

Yuka vs. Yukari
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Title says it all.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 03:26:04 PM by Agita »

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #1339 on: July 25, 2010, 05:04:42 PM »

It's finally come out?

Nope, just the one episode. From what I've seen, Packy is The Vet and Bota is The New Kid. Presumably, Packy teaches Bota how to be a soldier, they become best buddies, eventually Packy is KIA and Bota becomes a man. On a scale of 1 to 10, how accurate is that? :D
For the manga?

Yes, Packy is the most professional of the bunch, although Rats is a good soldier as well, and Bota is a whining racist idiot at times, and the one who eventually quites the military in the sequel (although he does continue to help his buddies in his own way).

But seriously, read it, it's good :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol