Author Topic: Various Anime/Manga  (Read 324507 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Various Anime/Manga
« Reply #1220 on: July 11, 2010, 07:23:42 PM »
The Strongest

Besides, fairies are immortal, they respawn after a while.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1221 on: July 12, 2010, 07:59:07 PM »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #1222 on: July 13, 2010, 12:13:12 AM »
I got linked to the current chapter of bleach.  Best chapter in years!

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1223 on: July 14, 2010, 11:16:02 AM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1224 on: July 14, 2010, 11:28:53 AM »
As always, Endoh-sama kicks it up a notch... and then puts it on a moon-bound rocket.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1225 on: July 14, 2010, 12:58:02 PM »
Well, theres even Eternal Blaze
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1226 on: July 14, 2010, 05:08:10 PM »
Fate Stay Night: The Church definitely has CoDzillas.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1227 on: July 14, 2010, 05:13:03 PM »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1228 on: July 14, 2010, 06:12:18 PM »
The Power Rangers one I already knew about.  :p
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #1229 on: July 15, 2010, 05:33:44 PM »
speaking of power rangers... anyone happen to know which episode/movie that has these twisty silver looking pseudo trees in one of the big fight scenes? i believe it was pretty early on, one of the episodes/movies produced in the mid 90's.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1230 on: July 15, 2010, 10:30:31 PM »
Just caught back up on Heaven's Feel.
[spoiler]/
That is all.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:35:34 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1231 on: July 15, 2010, 10:36:08 PM »
[spoiler]"Can you keep up?"[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1232 on: July 15, 2010, 11:27:06 PM »
[spoiler]
I've seen claims that HF Shirou can Trace weapons stronger than the originals, since he's now putting every ounce of his strength into a single battle instead of trying to fight a thousand battles at once.

And now you know why Nasu said that a fight between Shirou and Shiki would end in a draw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1UUdKq9LjU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-KWUI4ypvs[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 11:40:10 PM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1233 on: July 16, 2010, 12:27:08 AM »
[spoiler]
I've seen claims that HF Shirou can Trace weapons stronger than the originals, since he's now putting every ounce of his strength into a single battle instead of trying to fight a thousand battles at once.

And now you know why Nasu said that a fight between Shirou and Shiki would end in a draw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1UUdKq9LjU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-KWUI4ypvs[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
That card takes a too direct way of doing it I think.
The preferred way is to:
A) duplicate and equip any artifacts and creature enchantments in play or the graveyard for a mana cost
B) gain all the special abilities of any creature in play or the graveyard.
C) add a creature's power and toughness to Shirou

I think he makes them as strong as the original and also Traces the skills associated with it, which is why he wouldn't fight Dark Saber with Nine Lives Blade Works, Dark Saber is as strong as the original and her attack power is mana based. Which means trying to beat her at her own game is suicidal.

Berserker was weaker than Hercules due to loss of sanity plus loss of senses(it's noted that Berserker's rage+taint had gotten to the point where his senses didn't really work anymore), as Saber he'd have been totally unstoppable with God Hand, the presence of mind to evade, Saber class Spell Resistance and use his other Noble Phantasms.

So he struck Berserker with his own full power.

I think HF Shirou vs Shiki will end with two heaps of finely diced meat, given both their abilities to keep moving after fatal wounds.
UBW Shirou depends on if he can cast Unlimited Blade Works fast enough. The rain of swords option might do the trick, otherwise hes probably a goner.
Fate Shirou could Trace Avalon and Caliburn. Probably wouldn't help him against an opponent based on precision, speed and one hit kills.
[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #1234 on: July 16, 2010, 01:16:22 AM »
Shiki's head explodes when he tries to comprehend noble phantasms, IIRC.
Planetouched Handbook

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1235 on: July 16, 2010, 05:02:28 AM »
Naw, I figure if Shirou can image it, the concept still lies within human comprehension.
Not much harder than vampires at least.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1236 on: July 16, 2010, 08:26:56 AM »
[spoiler]That card is also horribly worded, and the spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization offend me. Do it again. :p[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 08:28:39 AM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1237 on: July 16, 2010, 09:39:00 AM »
[spoiler]That card is also horribly worded, and the spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization offend me. Do it again. :p[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Not mine, just found it. Also, I don't play Magic.[/spoiler]
My work

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #1238 on: July 16, 2010, 12:33:08 PM »
Naw, I figure if Shirou can image it, the concept still lies within human comprehension.
Not much harder than vampires at least.
It's Word Of Nasu.
Planetouched Handbook

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1239 on: July 16, 2010, 01:12:28 PM »
Well, IIRC, Nasu did say Shiki could cut them, and added that cutting too many would eventually roast his brain.

UBW Shirou should try archery instead, it's a good bit harder to cut a Gae Bolg fired from a bow.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]