Author Topic: Various Anime/Manga  (Read 324469 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Various Anime/Manga
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2009, 06:27:38 AM »

Holy crap... the mental image is.... undescribable:twitch :lol

Nah its mostly women wrapped up in ruber tubes after being sprayed with oil  :rollseyes

... you made it sound like it looks a homemade production... what can be even worse...
I already told you. Masturbating with squids.

Actually no.  You know those poisonous sea worms?  The ones with the irritant hairs that burn like fire (the name escapes me at the moment)?  Yeah there are films (okay probably 1 or 2 at most) with women using one of those.   Now that's nightmare fuel.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2009, 11:35:12 AM »
Actually no.  You know those poisonous sea worms?  The ones with the irritant hairs that burn like fire (the name escapes me at the moment)?  Yeah there are films (okay probably 1 or 2 at most) with women using one of those.   Now that's nightmare fuel.

It makes me wonder. Do they look for the most masochistic women out there, do they pay them incredible amounts of money, or do they simply ransom someone's kid for them to do that shit? I can't see any reason why someone would willingly participate in that kind of movie unless the poisonous sea worms in question were fake.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2009, 04:17:22 PM »
Actually no.  You know those poisonous sea worms?  The ones with the irritant hairs that burn like fire (the name escapes me at the moment)?  Yeah there are films (okay probably 1 or 2 at most) with women using one of those.   Now that's nightmare fuel.

It makes me wonder. Do they look for the most masochistic women out there, do they pay them incredible amounts of money, or do they simply ransom someone's kid for them to do that shit? I can't see any reason why someone would willingly participate in that kind of movie unless the poisonous sea worms in question were fake.

I can't really say I'm surprised...

But I don't even wanna think about their motivation.

Also: http://www.theonion.com/content/news/japan_pledges_to_halt_production

:P
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2009, 04:22:24 PM »
WoundSexerCo, Maid Molest Universal, Innocent Schoolgirl Despoil Youngest Daughter Lips Plunder Incest Distribution, and Sunrise-Rape-Rape-Nihon.
The funny thing is I can't tell if these are made up or real.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2009, 04:34:58 PM »
WoundSexerCo, Maid Molest Universal, Innocent Schoolgirl Despoil Youngest Daughter Lips Plunder Incest Distribution, and Sunrise-Rape-Rape-Nihon.
The funny thing is I can't tell if these are made up or real.

Probably made up, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were real :P

Seriously, when I first read that article, I couldn't make it through a single sentence without bursting out in laughter :lmao
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2009, 05:15:34 PM »
Bah. It's really exaggerated.

After all, Japan didn't invent fartcakes.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2009, 05:38:07 AM »
It's not exaggerated too much.  If we were allowed and it wouldn't cause people to stare at me like I was wearing dead peoples skin for a suit I could name a site or two...

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2009, 08:10:00 AM »
It's not exaggerated too much.  If we were allowed and it wouldn't cause people to stare at me like I was wearing dead peoples skin for a suit I could name a site or two...

Or like you were wearing dead people for underwear?

(Cookie for reference)

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2009, 09:52:55 AM »

(Cookie for reference)
Crap I should know this...

In my defense 8 am is my bedtime...

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2009, 01:33:12 PM »

(Cookie for reference)

Hint: it has to do with one of the most recent threads I'm posting on.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2009, 08:17:56 PM »

(Cookie for reference)

Hint: it has to do with one of the most recent threads I'm posting on.

I have a slight idea... but I will wait  :smirk

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2009, 12:47:44 PM »
Lately (in the last year) I've made a hobby of reading/watching random mangas/anime on impulse. The nature of the impulse can range from seeing it on tvtropes and thinking it sounds interesting to hitting the 'random manga' button on OneManga.com. In this way, I've read/watched quite a few series since the last time I listed the series I know. A few highlights (just series I haven't seen mentioned here yet):

School Mermaid: A very short 3-chapter manga which can be read in one hour. It's about romance, cute girls in school swimsuits, and High Octane Nightmare Fuel.

Ima, Soko Ni Iru Boku (aka Now And Then, Here And There):
Anime only, AFAIK. It looks like a typical Shonen Trapped In Another World plot. It sounds like a typical Shonen Trapped In Another World plot. It smells like... you get the idea. Even the drawing style matches the westerner's usual expectations of a Shonen anime. The first episode is a typical Shonen Trapped In Another World plot, for all intents and purposes. The next twelve... are a merciless Deconstruction of the whole genre. Definitely watch with your kids.

Saishuu Heiki Kanojo (aka SaiKano, released in the UK as She, the Ultimate Weapon): It's pretty much impossible to sum the premise up without either spoilering the show or making it sound ass-retarded. I have, however seen many people who had heard of the basic premise (Girl is turned into a living weapon), watched it, and were disappointed because it's not what they thought it would be. Thus, let me get any misunderstandings out of the way: SaiKano is not an Action series. In fact, if you're looking for a light-hearted Action series with dashing heroics, watch anything but SaiKano. So what is it? It's an anti-war story, and it's about as subtle about it as a rampaging elephant. But it works. The motives and background behind the war are never really explained, the plot limits itself to what really matters to those involved in a war - the effects it has on day-to-day life. Exists as a manga, 13-episode anime, and live action film.

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni: A must-see if you like drama, lots of High Octane Nightmare and Paranoia Fuel, and excessive Mind Screw (with a good dash of comedic fanservice thrown in). Also very difficult to sum up in a coherent fashion without spoiling the entire thing, but not quite as bad as SaiKano. The series is broken up into multiple chapters which all narrate the month of July 1983 from different perspectives. Between the chapters, the framework happenings stay the same, but the actions of the five (or six, starting with chapter 3) main characters vary each time. The second season, Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai, finally makes sense of the plot and deals heavily with the themes of fate and fighting destiny.

Series/movies I want to watch/read or am currently watching/reading, based on comments and recommendations:
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
  • Grave of the Fireflies
  • Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo
  • K-On!
  • Mirai Nikki
  • Tons of others that I had in mind when I started writing this, but have forgotten by now.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2009, 12:59:59 PM »
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Takanaki

Not at all complete.

I'll second any recommendation of Ima, Soko Ni Iru Boku. People rattle on a lot about LOGH too, which I personally enjoyed but far too many people will be put off by the mhm, limitations of the decade it was produced in. For something more recent, Monster, Juuni Kokuki, Shigurui, those are a few more mature anime people could be watching.

Sword of the Stranger and Paprika are fairly recent movies, Paprika is some kind of spiritual sequel to Perfect Blue, that kind of movie. Mhm... yup lots of things to watch.

This season:
K-On
Haruhi 2
Guin Saga
Souten Kouro
Hellsing Ultimate (One more came out.. taking their sweet time)
Eden of the East
FMA 2

There's more, but I wouldn't recommend anything else right now without seeing a couple more episodes.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2009, 01:43:07 PM »
So were do you guys watch your anime? :)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2009, 01:54:54 PM »
So were do you guys watch your anime? :)
Youtube, mostly. If it's not on there, I check Dailymotion or Myspace vids.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2009, 01:57:20 PM »

Any good manga sites besides OneManga (that seems to have some issues with having to pull down certain manga, like Berserk, FMP, Hellsing...)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2009, 01:58:54 PM »

Any good manga sites besides OneManga (that seems to have some issues with having to pull down certain manga, like Berserk, FMP, Hellsing...)
Mangafox is what I try when something isn't on OneManga.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2009, 02:16:19 PM »
And thanks again :)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2009, 02:21:34 PM »
On to other matters... Negima! chapter 252, for one.

And the shippers go Squee! :D

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2009, 04:44:16 PM »
On to other matters... Negima! chapter 252, for one.

And the shippers go Squee! :D

It's about damn time they solved that little problem though. As much as I like watching Setsuna squirm around Konoka, that needed to happen.

And her cutting the wrecking ball in half without even realizing it was crazy awesome.

[spoiler][/spoiler]