Author Topic: Various Anime/Manga  (Read 324478 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Various Anime/Manga
« Reply #1160 on: June 26, 2010, 02:23:13 PM »
Shirou has just traded memories of an afternoon for an armory.
Oh what an armory it is.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1161 on: June 26, 2010, 09:13:54 PM »
Cross-posting from GitP
So, I've been fooling around with Game Maker again.
[SPOILER]

...yeah. I'll upload it once it can handle long names.[/SPOILER]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 10:07:46 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #1162 on: June 26, 2010, 09:27:52 PM »
I had no idea that Dragonball Kai had been dubbed into English. With an opening sung by Vic Migogna, no less.

There's also a version sung by Goku's VA.

[spoiler]
*Goku fighting Vegeta*
Don't stop, don't stop, we're in love now!

Geez, as if the dubs didn't have enough innuendo already. :p[/spoiler]
So, FMA got Brotherhood, DBZ got Kai? Hrm, could be nice.... and dear god, I do not remember that dialogue from  before...

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1163 on: June 26, 2010, 09:31:38 PM »
So, FMA got Brotherhood, DBZ got Kai?
It's (highly) enhanced footage from the original anime re-edited to be shorter (100 episodes total) and closer to the manga, with re-recorded vocals and new music. Slightly more censorship though, especially in the Nickelodeon dub.

(Kai is Japanese for "modified" - consider it a director's cut)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 09:35:56 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #1164 on: June 27, 2010, 01:52:08 AM »
Cross-posting from GitP
So, I've been fooling around with Game Maker again.
[SPOILER]

...yeah. I'll upload it once it can handle long names.[/SPOILER]
Who's the Magister? :P
Any mage or ki user can sponsor one(so a partnership between magi and ki user can actually have pactios both ways). Fate?Testarossa, not Averruncus
EDIT: I'm blind, YUUNO of all people?

Hmm, I wonder what kind of artifact would Konoka get out of Setsuna, I mean, if Kotaro could sponsor a pactio, Setsuna should at least be able to do that much. The subtext of exchanging contracts as well...
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1165 on: June 27, 2010, 11:47:01 PM »
Well, since she's a magus herself (if a beginner), her artifact might have to do with that. Since her first one is basically healing, maybe she's the groups cleric, so a buffing artifact?

Unrelated: Some Touhou arranges are so epic it hurts.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #1166 on: June 28, 2010, 08:25:34 AM »
should we not have opened a new one of these a while back?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1167 on: June 28, 2010, 08:28:52 AM »
That applies for a few threads. Let's try to push some of the old entries in "Top 10 by Replies" off the list, shall we? This should go on for at least another 10 pages. :p
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 04:54:50 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1168 on: June 29, 2010, 04:58:16 PM »
Pactio Maker is done.
(LINK REMOVED)

It can't handle long numerals or really long names, but it's usable for most purposes. Now let's see what you've got. ;)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 06:40:45 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1169 on: June 29, 2010, 06:31:34 PM »
Yay.

[spoiler]

Patchy's and Alice's pics aren't very good, since I cropped both of them out of an extant pic instead of taking one with a transparent background. I need more Alice and Patchy pics.[/spoiler]

I also have no idea about the symbolism behind the celestial bodies, so maybe someone can correct me there.

EDIT: Remember Marisa Stole the Precious Thing? Check it out full orchestral.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 08:27:35 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1170 on: June 29, 2010, 10:40:41 PM »
Huh. I should probably do something about that letter spacing.
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1171 on: June 30, 2010, 12:37:59 AM »
^^
That is awesome

New Prisma Ilya out!
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1172 on: June 30, 2010, 06:40:03 PM »
Okay, here's the corrected version of Pactio Maker.
http://www.mediafire.com/?f5myg23ezkt

Slightly smaller, faster to load, fixes the spacing problem, allows longer numbers and generates smoother images. Let me know if you find any bugs.
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1173 on: June 30, 2010, 07:20:54 PM »
Prime, there's no virtue in your second release. That is, there is a 'virtus' header, but there's nothing below it and I can't change it.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1174 on: June 30, 2010, 07:28:00 PM »
Prime, there's no virtue in your second release. That is, there is a 'virtus' header, but there's nothing below it and I can't change it.
Strange, I just downloaded a copy and it works fine. (EDIT: On two computers, and no, nothing's invisible) Try restarting or re-downloading.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:32:33 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1175 on: June 30, 2010, 07:30:19 PM »
Strange, I just downloaded a copy and it works fine. Try restarting or re-downloading.
Okay, I tried clicking on it. Looks like audacia is invisible, all other virtues work fine. Don't know whether that's just my version or yours too.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1176 on: June 30, 2010, 07:45:50 PM »
Next bug: a weird... bar or something seems to pop up in the window at random. Maybe it's just my graphics cars, but it's definitely in the final picture as well.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1177 on: June 30, 2010, 09:06:49 PM »
Anyone else having that issue?

Is the bar always there, and always in the same place?
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1178 on: June 30, 2010, 09:29:44 PM »

Nope, it doesn't even always look the same. I think it cropped up somewhere in the middle of editing the card. Honestly, I think it's just my computer acting up.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1179 on: June 30, 2010, 09:57:18 PM »

Nope, it doesn't even always look the same. I think it cropped up somewhere in the middle of editing the card. Honestly, I think it's just my computer acting up.
Sounds like a drawing issue, I wouldn't worry about it except you might need a faster computer. :P

Might be fun to make a pactio of Flan with Marisa as the magister.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]