Author Topic: Various Anime/Manga  (Read 324511 times)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Various Anime/Manga
« Reply #1040 on: May 29, 2010, 03:53:08 PM »
EDIT: Agita, that link doesn't work, you need to link to the image page on the channel.
It works just fine for me. A cookie thing?
I don't really want to make a SFW picture NSFW by linking to a channel page, so I linked to the imouto page for it instead. :P
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1041 on: May 30, 2010, 12:19:05 PM »
veekie, could you post this video in the Let's Play FSN thread, asking people to watch 3:00-3:48?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #1042 on: May 30, 2010, 02:06:36 PM »
You know, at this point saying that Gilgamesh is obviously the shadow would be a semiplausible fake spoiler. 
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #1043 on: May 30, 2010, 02:19:47 PM »
Well, except goldy doesn't do sneaking at night like that. Hes loud and arrogant.

veekie, could you post this video in the Let's Play FSN thread, asking people to watch 3:00-3:48?
Heh, not likely I think. Lucky Star and most anime stuff in general have a certain stigma at SA.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1044 on: June 01, 2010, 05:31:42 AM »
New Negima
Tsukiyomi is one crazy bitch.
[spoiler]
Fate's got more than stone magic, hes a master of Earth magic in general.
Tsukiyomi can hurt him if hes not paying attention.
When his arm is cut off, he does not bleed.
Apparently he saved most of his harem from some bad situations before, which is why they're completely devoted to him, even if it involves the end of the world.
[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1045 on: June 01, 2010, 06:29:48 AM »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1046 on: June 01, 2010, 09:28:23 AM »
[spoiler]
Setsuna: Counter! IN CELEBRATION OF MY FIRST KISS WITH OJOU-SAMA STRIKE!!!
[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #1047 on: June 01, 2010, 12:04:39 PM »
New Negima
Tsukiyomi is one crazy bitch.
[spoiler]
Apparently he saved most of his harem from some bad situations before, which is why they're completely devoted to him, even if it involves the end of the world.
[/spoiler]

1: Yes, yes she is.
2:
[spoiler]Remember: He's technically trying to save the lives of those who wouldn't be able to survive when the Magical World collapses (the human population would be able to escape to Earth, but even if the demihuman portion did the same they would still disappear when the world reverts to Mars). They are following not only because he saved them, but because they believe this is the proper course of action.

The real problem is that Fate and company don't know that the Magical World lasts a minimum of 100 years after the present day, so their actions are preemptive.

This does lead me to an interesting theory regarding Chao though. She may be Negi's grandchild, but that doesn't mean she was raised by his actual children. She may have been raised by one of the demihumans, who ends up vanishing when the Magical World reverts to it's natural state. By stopping Fate during the present, Negi is ensuring this will happen and Chao's guardian will inevitably vanish, fueling Chao's desire to change the past. Stable time loop ensues.[/spoiler]

Bittersweet, and sort of a "Nice Job Breaking It Hero" moment for the main cast.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1049 on: June 02, 2010, 04:09:40 PM »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #1050 on: June 04, 2010, 11:07:27 AM »
Meh to the new Bleach/Naruto.

[spoiler]Bleach: They should stop skipping fights. Sure it has been an 8 long fight so far, but wrapping it up 'off screen' in half a page is a poor climax. Oh and Azien is a super saiyen. Srsly, no bankai paradies. Captain betterthanu has long blond hair now.

Naruto: Hate battle round 2, expected. It's a little nice to see him use sage and his ultimate attack then get overwhelmed by hate. Better than Bleach's constant attempt to create new gaping plot holes and 180 turn arounds multiple times per chapter.
[/spoiler]

Rant
[spoiler]And whats this crap with not revealing shiki/bankai? There is NO reason in the story that they would with hold them. Someone is too stupid and fan influenced to reveal new powers of old characters.

And I really can't wait till the anima catches up to what is going on now. Bleach is the only series where the Anima is better than the Manga.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:10:45 AM by SorO_Lost »
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #1051 on: June 04, 2010, 03:32:42 PM »
I've completely given up on Naruto and Bleach. Now that the anime's caught up I'm watching a bit of the Pain stuff on Naruto because I thought there'd finally be no filler, but they still managed to stick some unnecessary filler parts in (ie fart jokes with Naruto).

I knew full well last week when I saw Aizen's body "cracking" that it would turn out this way. I couldn't believe it when I found out that I was actually right. I actually died a little inside at the end. But yes, I agree that an actual fight instead of it all being done in six seconds off-screen, would have been really nice to have seen. Maybe the anime will be kind enough to show it. Unlikely though.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1052 on: June 07, 2010, 08:36:12 AM »
Negima 291

[spoiler]
We get a glimpse of some new pactio artifacts, some high speed combat and Negi critting shadow-Eva in more ways than one.

Meanwhile, Fate's about to be befriended
[/spoiler]

Goddamn the kid is a smooth operator.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1053 on: June 07, 2010, 08:55:46 AM »
See, the bad guy's name makes it funnier.
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1054 on: June 07, 2010, 08:58:33 AM »
Yes, exactly. :D
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1055 on: June 07, 2010, 09:19:04 AM »
Betcha the lance will be pink in the anime.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1056 on: June 07, 2010, 09:34:33 AM »
Wonder what kind of demon Negi would end up as.
His demon form has been changing from the darkness thingy to white glows and suspiciously wing like magic formations.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1057 on: June 07, 2010, 10:05:25 AM »
His demon form has been changing from the darkness thingy to white glows and suspiciously wing like magic formations.
Looking at the trend, he'll probably end up all white. A... White Demon, if you will.

Alternatively, considering the series's nature, he'll probably end up as an incubus. :smirk

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1058 on: June 07, 2010, 10:32:25 AM »
For those of you keeping up with the F/SN Let's Play
[spoiler]How many times did you hear Saber Alter shout the name of her Noble Phantasm?

Exactly. She hasn't used it yet.
:hide

Saber has an ability which lets her expel bursts of mana to momentarily increase attack, defense or speed. It's now become powerful enough to kill Berserker.[/spoiler]
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1059 on: June 07, 2010, 11:59:59 AM »
Looking at the trend, he'll probably end up all white. A... White Demon, if you will.

Alternatively, considering the series's nature, he'll probably end up as an incubus. :smirk
Well, pretty sure hes got incubus in him somewhere...come to think of it, his current color scheme could do for an angel too. Abstract wings, fire, lightning, wind and light, as well as a bleached looking appearance.  Dark magic or no, the elements he uses fit the wrath of god thing, up to and including the sword of light(though seeing as Eva is using one too, I wouldn't credit that too much)

For those of you keeping up with the F/SN Let's Play
[spoiler]How many times did you hear Saber Alter shout the name of her Noble Phantasm?

Exactly. She hasn't used it yet.
:hide

Saber has an ability which lets her expel bursts of mana to momentarily increase attack, defense or speed. It's now become powerful enough to kill Berserker.[/spoiler]
I think, in part, its simply fighting with the sword revealed and a lot of raw mana. We know it's not the full Excaliblast, seeing as the forest is still there and Shirou is not vaporised
If its any consolation, I think Excalibur actually fell in power in the statblock, even though she has a lot of mana now to use it with.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]