Author Topic: Campaign Thread  (Read 89112 times)

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Campaign Thread
« Reply #600 on: May 12, 2010, 01:01:18 AM »
"Noted.":|

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #601 on: May 12, 2010, 01:03:19 AM »
"So I can't help but over hear you lot are goin' into the sewers.  You'll prolly get me or one of the guys as a guide.  Some of us have done the job well enough to know the place pretty well.  Parts of it at least.  Hope you all have a Cleric."

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #602 on: May 12, 2010, 01:04:19 AM »
"So-o-ort of. She's close."

solara

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #603 on: May 12, 2010, 01:06:35 AM »
[spoiler]"Everything I can know. This is a strange world, and if I am to fulfill my oath to Ramiirik's parents . . ." Savorel closes her eyes in grief for a moment, "Then I need to know everything possible, especially about those who are hostile to dragons and kobolds." [/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #604 on: May 12, 2010, 01:08:34 AM »
[spoiler]"Everything I can know. This is a strange world, and if I am to fulfill my oath to Ramiirik's parents . . ." Savorel closes her eyes in grief for a moment, "Then I need to know everything possible, especially about those who are hostile to dragons and kobolds." [/spoiler]

[spoiler]"Heh.  Most of civilization really, but that's because those who don't have power are always afraid of those who do.  And I'll admit there's more than a few homicidal Dragons.  I imagine your oath was to look after the boy?"[/spoiler}

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #605 on: May 12, 2010, 01:09:19 AM »
"So-o-ort of. She's close."

"We might wanna get a backup then.  Lots of dead people down there if ya know what I mean."

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #606 on: May 12, 2010, 01:14:11 AM »
"Being dead isn't that bad. You don't even need to blink."
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

solara

« Reply #607 on: May 12, 2010, 01:14:24 AM »
[spoiler]"Yes, it was. I am responsible for him until he can protect himself, and even then . . . well, he's my boy."[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #608 on: May 12, 2010, 01:17:55 AM »
A fire lights up Alcy's eyes as she looks over at the Barbarians.
"Who're you calling a Giant?" she says as she resumes sharpening her sword.
[spoiler]Intimidate if necessary:
1d20(18)+2=20[/spoiler]

Cooling down, she says to Bjudr, "I don't personally know what we're up against down there. What sort of abominations roam the sewers? I believe that if we work as team, we probably shouldn't have to worry so much."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #609 on: May 12, 2010, 01:26:11 AM »
"Being dead isn't that bad. You don't even need to blink."

"You've never encountered Wights have you?"

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #610 on: May 12, 2010, 01:26:54 AM »
"Why, do they blink?" :D
[spoiler]Oh shit.  :twitch

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #611 on: May 12, 2010, 01:35:02 AM »
[spoiler]"Yes, it was. I am responsible for him until he can protect himself, and even then . . . well, he's my boy."[/spoiler]

[spoiler]"Fair enough.  When he brought you here the Jester intended to use you fro some scheme he has in mind, and he alone knows what that is.  It could be years before you find out really.  He brought Ramiirik out of compassion because...well..your village is gone.  Wiped out by the human raiders, and what few people are left have scattered to the winds.  You have nothing to go back to.  I am sorry"

Small cat hugs teh Savorel

"It's possible he meant to keep the boy as leverage.  One never knows with him, and I knew in time the boy would be forgotten as the Jester had to keep track of whatever idea he suddenly came up with.  I could not abide this happening to members of a race I have sworn to protect.  Therefore I persuaded him to let me keep the boy from harms way.  If I know that he has you in mind for something so do others, and it would be inevitable they would come for the boy.  By keeping him hidden here or in the Godsrealm I can ensure no harm comes to him.  He will also have one of the finest educations this world has to offer.[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #612 on: May 12, 2010, 01:37:51 AM »
A fire lights up Alcy's eyes as she looks over at the Barbarians.
"Who're you calling a Giant?" she says as she resumes sharpening her sword.
[spoiler]Intimidate if necessary:
1d20(18)+2=20[/spoiler]

Cooling down, she says to Bjudr, "I don't personally know what we're up against down there. What sort of abominations roam the sewers? I believe that if we work as team, we probably shouldn't have to worry so much."

"Yer a giant compared to him lady."  :hide

Bjudr: "Giant vermin, lots of undead, specially the soul eating kind.  Otyughs, weird little aberrations that live in filth.  Occasional random beasts teleported in for Gods knows what reason.  Sometimes we find criminals or homeless down there.  I've even found a minor Demon or two."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #613 on: May 12, 2010, 01:38:38 AM »
[spoiler]Oh shit.  :twitch

"No.  No they most definitely do not.  Neither do the Wraiths living with them."

solara

« Reply #614 on: May 12, 2010, 01:40:09 AM »
[spoiler]Savorel considers the god's words. "If what you say is true . . ." [sense motive check, 1d20+9 = 19+9 = 28][/spoiler]

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #615 on: May 12, 2010, 01:41:15 AM »
"So, it's a randomized adventuring location?" :P

[spoiler]Oh shit.  :twitch

"No.  No they most definitely do not.  Neither do the Wraiths living with them."
[spoiler] Double oh shit.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #616 on: May 12, 2010, 01:49:32 AM »
"So, it's a randomized adventuring location?" :P

[spoiler]Oh shit.  :twitch

"No.  No they most definitely do not.  Neither do the Wraiths living with them."
[spoiler] Double oh shit.

"Nosir.  There was a big fight with a necromancer down there and he basically wiped out a lot of us, and they rose as Undead cause of his curses.  Some aspect of the spell ties them to the place, so they can't move past a certain area, but we don't have enough people willing to cooperate to go down and wipe them out.  We'll be avoiding them if at all possible.  Unless you're suicidal.  Thankfully they whittle down a lot of monsters, but most of those rise as Undead too.  That area is getting pretty bad."

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #617 on: May 12, 2010, 01:50:43 AM »
"Have you tries flooding it with something... burny?"

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #618 on: May 12, 2010, 01:53:54 AM »
[spoiler]Savorel considers the god's words. "If what you say is true . . ." [sense motive check, 1d20+9 = 19+9 = 28][/spoiler]

[spoiler] Nice  :D

The kitty seems trustworthy  ;)

"I have little enough reason to lie.  Godhood is fought for here.  You fight to gain the Jesters attention and when a space is available you get 'promoted'.  Whether the opening is available is one that's a good slot for you or not.  I was just a regular cat at one point.  I didn't know much about Dragons.  But to keep my position I have to do well by my subjects.  Without their prayers I fall behind the other Gods, and I may be replaced.  If it were to get out I wronged a child, my popularity would plummet.  Dragons are very protective of family, even the Evil ones."[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #619 on: May 12, 2010, 01:54:36 AM »
"Have you tries flooding it with something... burny?"

"Goddamn idiots in the city council won't let us.  Say it could run out of control and burn the city down."

"Sides that won't stop teh Wraiths..."