Author Topic: Campaign Thread  (Read 89461 times)

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Re: Campaign Thread
« Reply #440 on: May 08, 2010, 07:54:22 PM »
"Ghost beer?!  Wow, you must have a nice assortment in there!  If you don't  be mindin, I'll just go in and order myself one."

(Assuming no one stops him), Mustave goes up to the bar, pulls up an empty stool and orders an ale.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #441 on: May 08, 2010, 08:29:02 PM »
Bartholomeow silently fumes at the angel for graciously stepping in to end the fight. The teenager takes a seat and silently goes over just how he would have brought the man's insides out. He looks quite poutey.

The Amazonian halfling carrying/hugging Bill notices you.

"Aww you seem sad.  Can I get you something to cheer you up?"

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #442 on: May 08, 2010, 08:31:03 PM »
"Ghost beer?!  Wow, you must have a nice assortment in there!  If you don't  be mindin, I'll just go in and order myself one."

(Assuming no one stops him), Mustave goes up to the bar, pulls up an empty stool and orders an ale.

"Well someone in this town probably has some thing of the sort.  I can ask around."

"What kind of ale? Brown, Pale, Old, or specialty?"

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #443 on: May 08, 2010, 08:36:16 PM »
Cusic strides up to the bar confidently. "Whats the strongest thing you have?"

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #444 on: May 08, 2010, 09:10:16 PM »
"Baatorian Internal Death Whiskey.  A retired former Pit Fiend sells it to the local bars.  I'm not sure as I'd recommend it.  We do have some nice Watermelon Liqeur!"

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #445 on: May 08, 2010, 09:59:36 PM »
"What kind of ale? Brown, Pale, Old, or specialty?"
"I'll try pale, please."
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #446 on: May 08, 2010, 10:28:54 PM »
"Baatorian Internal Death Whiskey.  A retired former Pit Fiend sells it to the local bars.  I'm not sure as I'd recommend it.  We do have some nice Watermelon Liqeur!"

"Is it likley to kill me?" Cusic asks before following up with "If it isn't ill take one.... if it is... strongest thing that wont"

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #447 on: May 08, 2010, 11:48:34 PM »
After the bartender gets the others sorted out, Teo, who has never left Limbo for long beforehand, is driven to ask: "Pardon me, but what is this ale that you're talking about? We never got anything like that in Limbo." ???

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #448 on: May 09, 2010, 12:47:00 AM »
"MILK!"
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

solara

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #449 on: May 09, 2010, 01:59:16 AM »
Savorel, hesitant because of Rosa's evident dislike for dragons, speaks up: "I need to go to the temple district. I am afraid I have . . . lost . . . my powers in this world." her mouth turns downward in irritation. "And a drink would, indeed, be most welcome in this strangest of places." she adds, sitting down at the bar.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #450 on: May 09, 2010, 03:49:40 AM »
Now normally, he'd simply graciously deny it. But fuck it, he was a ronin now. He needed it after this day, which was barely half way through. "Shochu, wheat or rice or whatever you have." After a thought, and having pulled up to the bar, "and don't dilute it. Make it two and give one to this guy," indicating to Teo.

After thinking over a sip from his drink, he thinks out loud, "I think I'd like to at least see Mr. Hooey.... So, if you don't mind my asking, what's wrong with the third daughter? How is she 'cursed'?"

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #451 on: May 09, 2010, 04:41:09 AM »

"Is it likley to kill me?" Cusic asks before following up with "If it isn't ill take one.... if it is... strongest thing that wont"

"I don't think it will kill you but the taste may make you wish it had."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #452 on: May 09, 2010, 04:41:40 AM »
After the bartender gets the others sorted out, Teo, who has never left Limbo for long beforehand, is driven to ask: "Pardon me, but what is this ale that you're talking about? We never got anything like that in Limbo." ???

"You've never had alcohol?"

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #453 on: May 09, 2010, 04:42:27 AM »
Savorel, hesitant because of Rosa's evident dislike for dragons, speaks up: "I need to go to the temple district. I am afraid I have . . . lost . . . my powers in this world." her mouth turns downward in irritation. "And a drink would, indeed, be most welcome in this strangest of places." she adds, sitting down at the bar.

"Like as not one or more of the Gods will visit you before the day is out.  THey get competitive for new people."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #454 on: May 09, 2010, 04:43:32 AM »
Now normally, he'd simply graciously deny it. But fuck it, he was a ronin now. He needed it after this day, which was barely half way through. "Shochu, wheat or rice or whatever you have." After a thought, and having pulled up to the bar, "and don't dilute it. Make it two and give one to this guy," indicating to Teo.

After thinking over a sip from his drink, he thinks out loud, "I think I'd like to at least see Mr. Hooey.... So, if you don't mind my asking, what's wrong with the third daughter? How is she 'cursed'?"

"Your funeral buddy if you wanna see Hooey buddy."

"Sophia...has men problems of a sort.  We don't like to discuss it."

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #455 on: May 09, 2010, 04:55:33 AM »
"Your funeral buddy if you wanna see Hooey buddy."

"Sophia...has men problems of a sort.  We don't like to discuss it."
"Not immediately, mind you. I'd prefer to be more able to defend myself; I fully trust your judgment on the creature.

And... I understand...."
He respectfully drops the conversation.

"So, where is this sheriff's guild? I'd like to get there as soon as possible."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #456 on: May 09, 2010, 05:02:58 AM »
"Oh they'll be coming here.  Once we get your rooms set up for you they'll be coming to take your measurements for equipment purposes and ask about weapons/armor you're familiar with.  And the Sherrif himself will probably want to ensure you're trustworthy if he hasn't already.""

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
  • First-class monotremancer
    • Email
« Reply #457 on: May 09, 2010, 09:00:13 AM »
Actually feeling a slight interest in this Mr. Hooey I give a nod when asked if I want to see him. I tend to get along well with most creatures, I'd like to meet him.

I repeat the nod as the speculations regarding my profession is brought up.

I'd be happy with just something to at and some water, I have no desire for alcohol. Sasha, you said something about me being useful somewhere, could you elaborate that? I say as I look rather helpless in the arms of the giant woman.

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #458 on: May 09, 2010, 04:04:55 PM »

"You've never had alcohol?"
"The food in Limbo isn't as varied as you think. Chaos beast can be prepared a couple of ways and fresh water's easy enough to find but their's nothing like what I've read about on the prime material plane."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #459 on: May 09, 2010, 09:48:18 PM »
Actually feeling a slight interest in this Mr. Hooey I give a nod when asked if I want to see him. I tend to get along well with most creatures, I'd like to meet him.

I repeat the nod as the speculations regarding my profession is brought up.

I'd be happy with just something to at and some water, I have no desire for alcohol. Sasha, you said something about me being useful somewhere, could you elaborate that? I say as I look rather helpless in the arms of the giant woman.

"Well when we fly over the countries ruled by people the city council would deride as barbarians, you'll come in handy for diplomacy purposes.   Much of the Sheriff's staff are from people who are tribal societies, and we need all the help we can get when dealing as go betweens with the tribesmen on one side, and the council on the other."

Nina sets you down: "Would you like some fish stew?  I can bring Mr. Hooey out while you munch."