Author Topic: Campaign Thread  (Read 89113 times)

solara

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: Campaign Thread
« Reply #420 on: May 08, 2010, 03:06:43 PM »
Savorel holds until someone outside is attacked or the fight starts to make its way towards the door.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #421 on: May 08, 2010, 03:11:29 PM »
Venn is up then

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #422 on: May 08, 2010, 03:23:48 PM »
Alcy casts Calm Emotions, with a 20-ft radius centered on the Barbarian. Any creatures within 20 ft of him, including him, need to make a DC 15 will save or be suppressed from violent emotions. It suppresses rage, and those affected "cannot take violent actions (although they can defend themselves) or do anything destructive. Any aggressive action against or damage dealt to a calmed creature immediately breaks the spell on all calmed creatures."

"Please, stop fighting! This is completely unnecessary. You all should be ashamed of yourselves."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #423 on: May 08, 2010, 03:36:07 PM »
The Goober blinks and says "Uh...whut?"

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2510593/ Rolls a mighty 7!

Littha is up, though the fighting appears to have stopped for the moment.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #424 on: May 08, 2010, 03:42:26 PM »
The will save includes anyone else within 20 ft, including my allies. :)

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #425 on: May 08, 2010, 03:44:17 PM »
Oh, pooh.  :bigeye

solara

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #426 on: May 08, 2010, 04:00:23 PM »
Savorel, pacified, comes out of her defensive stance looking calmed, though she keeps herself between the children and those in the bar.

Will save: 1d20+5=6+5=11 Fail
Spellcraft check: 1d20+11=4+11=15 Fail

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #427 on: May 08, 2010, 04:04:47 PM »
Tohr enters:

"Gentlemen, we have some newcomers.  Let us introduce them to the art of barroom brawling at a later date shall we?  Once they're more familiar with the rules?"

Turning to the rest of you:

"Okay lets get you some rooms assigned.  The bouncer lives in the basement, and my family and the drunks who sleep it off have the ground floor.  So you lot will be upstairs.  Please avoid entering the kitchens, my daughters pet is kept there and he's not fond of strangers.  Or anything else for that matter."

Outside Nina easily scoops up Bill and snuggles him.  "Would you like to meet Mr. Hooey?  He's my bestest friend in teh whole world?"

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #428 on: May 08, 2010, 04:09:05 PM »
"Why do I have the strangest feeling "pet" is used only in the loosest sense of the word..." :p :eh

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #429 on: May 08, 2010, 04:14:30 PM »
"Can this pet reach the ethereal plane?"
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #430 on: May 08, 2010, 04:43:56 PM »
"Not that we're aware of..."

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #431 on: May 08, 2010, 05:26:50 PM »
"That would be good to know. I'll check later."
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #432 on: May 08, 2010, 05:30:11 PM »
"Alright gentlemen and ladies you've met myself, my wife Rosa, and one of my daughters Nina.  Nina is...special.  She may look like a young woman, but she has the mind and innocence of a young girl.  Despite her appearance she is far stronger than I am.  We're unsure if it's a curse from the Gods or a gift.  We also have my daughter Tina, who is studying to be a warrior, my daughter Dina who is the brightest of my daughters, and Sophia who is...cursed.  She mostly stays in the kitchen away from men.  I would advise none of you who are men venture in there.  I wouldn't advise anyone else going in there because Nina's pet Mr. Hooey lives there.  He doesn't like the living.  He's not fond of the dead either."

"You're exaggerating daddy."

"No.  I asure you I am not."

"Fibberty fibberty liar liar."

"Respect your father dear.  Fred is the night shift guard, and the Bouncer.  We only wake him up if things get real bad, and it's not often there's something myself and the family can't handle.  If you stay here we may ask for your help as well.  Particularly you (looks at Ceushareth).  Since you won't be sleeping you can help Fred.  He can use the company.  He's been getting a little twitchy from the loneliness lately.  A lot of our customers are more rustic indigenous peoples, in other words barbarians in the terminology of the local city folk.  Bar fights are common here, and as long as magic or weapons aren't used we usually let them slug it out as long as no damage is done, and they stop when one gives up or is obviously unable to defend himself.  It's a rough bar, but the patrons usually make up pretty quickly, and they're very loyal.  Treat them nicely, and they may be willing to give you help when you're in need.  It'll also help that traditionally the bar gets a free round on Arrival days, so they'll forget any hard feelings today quickly enough."

"Now then does anyone have questions?  If not we'll get you settled in, and your first drink is on us.  We're not far from either the Temple or Merchant districts if you want to visit them.  Lunch will be at noon.  If any of you have dietary requirements please let my wife or daughters know."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #433 on: May 08, 2010, 06:03:43 PM »
[spoiler]I didn't mean to spoil anyone's fun, but it seemed the fastest way to resolve the fight. :)[/spoiler]

"I also require no sleep, if you require help. On that note, you also need not waste resources providing any food for me, as I eat only for the pleasure of it, and thus require no sustenance. I need only a short period of meditation, to regain access to my divine spells."

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #434 on: May 08, 2010, 06:09:04 PM »
"Awesome. Free drink. I've had a bit of a bad day due to the whole ghost thing and.. Damn it!"
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #435 on: May 08, 2010, 06:51:36 PM »
[spoiler]I didn't mean to spoil anyone's fun, but it seemed the fastest way to resolve the fight. :)[/spoiler]

"I also require no sleep, if you require help. On that note, you also need not waste resources providing any food for me, as I eat only for the pleasure of it, and thus require no sustenance. I need only a short period of meditation, to regain access to my divine spells."

"You're a Cleric then?  We'll want to get you to the Temple district.  Wait..if you don't have a God yet how do you have magic?"

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #436 on: May 08, 2010, 06:52:43 PM »
"Awesome. Free drink. I've had a bit of a bad day due to the whole ghost thing and.. Damn it!"

"I'll uh...I'll see if we can get you some Ghost Beer or something..."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #437 on: May 08, 2010, 06:53:48 PM »
Rosa:

"An for you women, once you find someone you'd like to..er..'befriend' I have Sweet Water and various potions in back you may find useful."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #438 on: May 08, 2010, 06:59:57 PM »
"Not all who have divine magic on their side are clerics. For instance, I take it our platypus friend is a druid. His spells would also be of divine origin, but they do not come from the gods. It is faith that provides such gifts. As for me, my people are naturally gifted with a touch of the divine, and thus we have access to much of the same spells that clerics do, aside from other abilities. Furthermore, I've been to worlds where the majority of clerics serve an ideal rather than a deity, and their spells are just as real and potent."

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #439 on: May 08, 2010, 07:19:53 PM »
Bartholomeow silently fumes at the angel for graciously stepping in to end the fight. The teenager takes a seat and silently goes over just how he would have brought the man's insides out. He looks quite poutey.