Author Topic: Campaign Thread  (Read 89467 times)

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Campaign Thread
« Reply #360 on: May 06, 2010, 12:22:42 AM »
"Seriously, you too? You're the second person here to ask me if I eat people. And for the record, NO."  :banghead

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #361 on: May 06, 2010, 12:36:28 AM »
"Please don't take offense.  Back in the desert world I used ta live in 'fore I got snatched people was all we had to eat.  In this place we got stores now so I don't have to gut Dwarves for food anymore.  And thats a good thing.  Nice people them Dwarves.  Good drinking customers."

notices Zach

"Hmmm...human male.  Had bad experiences with your kind in the past.  Keep yer cock outta mah daughters and we're all good.   No offense meant son.  Just had some troubles in the past."

"HEY HONEY!! HONEY COME OUT AND MEET THE NEW RENTERS!"

A few moments later the largest Minotaur any of you has ever seen ducks and comes out the door.  He has thick grey fur, and looks to weigh well over 900 pounds (which is about 200 pounds heavier than most Minotaurs).   He leans down and kisses the halfling on the head before looking at you all and saying:

"Hi.  I'm Tohr Grigovakis, and you've obviously met my wife Rosa,  Welcome to the Broken Kneecap!"

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #362 on: May 06, 2010, 12:43:21 AM »
"I'm liking this place already."
[spoiler]Not that sickos, minotaurs are cool.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #363 on: May 06, 2010, 12:44:30 AM »
"'Ello, big guy."
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #364 on: May 06, 2010, 12:56:18 AM »
Floats up 5 feet to make eye contact with the Minotaur. "Hello, I'm..." "Damn!" "... Ceusharath. How thick are the walls of the inn? I need around 2 feet to drown out the voice."
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #365 on: May 06, 2010, 01:03:23 AM »
"They're 3 feet or metal reinforced concrete.  I'll assume they don't have that where you come from, but think of it as rock with metal running through it.  Let me introduce you gradually.  Some of the more superstitious customers and my youngest daughter might freak out when they see you.  The last Ghost here pulled out a mans bowel and beat him to death with it in the public square.  It made...an impression on everyone.  You understand I hope."

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #366 on: May 06, 2010, 01:12:38 AM »
"I'm a telepath. I'm good at making people not freak out. But if you insist."
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #367 on: May 06, 2010, 01:21:10 AM »
A young woman steps outside.  She looks kind of like a very pale creamy skinned halfling with big cowlike eyes and pointy ears.  Her hair is bright blond, but she has enough of Rosa's features for you to get the idea it's her daughter.  She's also inherited her fathers size as she stands over 6 feet tall. 

She looks a little spooked initially by Ceushareth as she stumbles over her speech.

"Uh...uh mom...uh there's some guys arguing inside...uhm...OMG IS THAT A KITTY?"

She runs forward and attempts to snatch up Kintal (who should make a Grapple Check if he wishes to avoid being hugsnatched).

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2507352/

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #368 on: May 06, 2010, 01:35:08 AM »
Kintal accepts the hugsnatching without a fight, he loves new friends!  "Yes, I am a kitty!  Meow!"
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #369 on: May 06, 2010, 01:36:53 AM »
"Do people taste good?" Cusic asks before walking over to the minotaur to get a closer look.... "ooh..... big"

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #370 on: May 06, 2010, 01:37:41 AM »
"YAYS! It's a magical talkin' kitty!"

She hugs you.

Plz to make fortitude save as you begin to start blacking out because you are unable to inhale.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #371 on: May 06, 2010, 01:38:49 AM »
Meanwhile, Zachary, irked at the immediate impression that he would try and screw the daughter (not that he had objections, mind you), responds with "No offense taken. I can understand why you'd have issue..." Meant as somewhat of a dig, especially after doubling an accepted apology with a compliment to the daughter, he instead takes great interest in the concrete. Didn't seem as sturdy as the solid stone from the keeps, but if that's how it was made, then transport, custom molding, and construction of keeps could be done rather quickly, by comparison. He stored the knowledge away, and turned back to the group, and hearing that men were making an issue, he moves towards the door. "Seems like a lively place..."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #372 on: May 06, 2010, 01:41:11 AM »
Alcy stands impeccably mannered, or she might be struggling to hold back a reaction to the very strange family unit presented before her.

Despite this, and despite the breadth of races she's encountered on a variety of planes, it's clear that she's not necessarily comfortable, or at least familiar, with such races. The ghaele stands quietly, waiting for business to progress.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #373 on: May 06, 2010, 01:42:03 AM »
"Do people taste good?" Cusic asks before walking over to the minotaur to get a closer look.... "ooh..... big"

The minotaur says "They taste vaguely like gamey pork.  NINA! Honey don't squish the kitty! Remember your strength! Kitties are fragile!"

It's at this point Rosa notices Savorel.  You can see her face twist into absolute rage as she pulls the wickedest looking knife you've ever seen from her belt while hissing the word "dragon".  her husband immediately grabs her and says "HONEY NO! Not a Dragon! Kobold!  She's a Kobold! Down!"

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #374 on: May 06, 2010, 01:47:57 AM »
Meanwhile, Zachary, irked at the immediate impression that he would try and screw the daughter (not that he had objections, mind you), responds with "No offense taken. I can understand why you'd have issue..." Meant as somewhat of a dig, especially after doubling an accepted apology with a compliment to the daughter, he instead takes great interest in the concrete. Didn't seem as sturdy as the solid stone from the keeps, but if that's how it was made, then transport, custom molding, and construction of keeps could be done rather quickly, by comparison. He stored the knowledge away, and turned back to the group, and hearing that men were making an issue, he moves towards the door. "Seems like a lively place..."

As you try to step inside what must be one of Nina's sisters is stepping out and nearly collides with you.  "Mom what the hell are you doing out here, we need you inside before this gets ugly."  She stops at teh sight of her enraged mother being restrained and calmed down by her husband who is speaking to her in a language none of you understand.

She turns to Savorel and apologizes:

"I...am sorry.  In my world there are beings who look like you called the Dragon Kings who devoured all life they came in contact with and left my world increasingly lifeless.  For a moment I lost myself.  Please accept my apologies I meant no harm."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #375 on: May 06, 2010, 01:52:48 AM »
[spoiler]
As you try to step inside what must be one of Nina's sisters is stepping out and nearly collides with you.  "Mom what the hell are you doing out here, we need you inside before this gets ugly."  She stops at teh sight of her enraged mother being restrained and calmed down by her husband who is speaking to her in a language none of you understand.

She turns to Savorel and apologizes:

"I...am sorry.  In my world there are beings who look like you called the Dragon Kings who devoured all life they came in contact with and left my world increasingly lifeless.  For a moment I lost myself.  Please accept my apologies I meant no harm."

Alcy doesn't understand the language? Is it a secret language or something?[/spoiler]

Alcy steps forward now. "Is there some sort of altercation inside? Might I be of some assistance?"

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #376 on: May 06, 2010, 01:54:48 AM »
Hearing the second daughter's calls to her mother, Zachary decides to try and make an impression, but wants to do so intelligently. He nods to Alcy and eases past the daughter, excusing himself in Japanese as he does so (he takes no note of the language shift). Once inside, he keeps to the wall, and once again thinks on how much more comfortable he'd be if he had a sword. Holding his sack of coins like a sap, he relaxes himself, ready to react to a swing.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #377 on: May 06, 2010, 01:57:28 AM »

Alcy steps forward now. "Is there some sort of altercation inside? Might I be of some assistance?"

Sorry Venn I forgot about that ability

[spoiler]He's mostly telling her "She's not one of them, you're gonna get arrested or spook the guests.  We've made a good life here, lets not lose our tempers like the old days and attract attention we don't need.  Think of the kids.  I know she looks bad, but she's just a Kobold trust me."[/spoiler]

"You might actually make things worse ma'am, unless you like getting pawed by drunks.  But if you like a good bar fight by all means..."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #378 on: May 06, 2010, 02:00:23 AM »
Hearing the second daughter's calls to her mother, Zachary decides to try and make an impression, but wants to do so intelligently. He nods to Alcy and eases past the daughter, excusing himself in Japanese as he does so (he takes no note of the language shift). Once inside, he keeps to the wall, and once again thinks on how much more comfortable he'd be if he had a sword. Holding his sack of coins like a sap, he relaxes himself, ready to react to a swing.

You see two large guys in furs and horned helmets simultaneously attempting to choke one another into unconsciousness.

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #379 on: May 06, 2010, 02:02:10 AM »
"Bar. Fight?"   :o :love
[spoiler] sorry to leave but I have classes tomorrow. gtg.