Author Topic: Campaign Thread  (Read 89147 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Campaign Thread
« Reply #240 on: April 30, 2010, 03:46:28 PM »
"Which, as you've said, might be a bad sign of things to come. However, it doesn't matter; I was a warrior retainer for a Lord before being shunted here. I'm a capable enough duelist and warrior, assuming I can get a sword. Otherwise, I'm just a decent duelist. I will gladly help out.

In the meantime, where could one go to get a fine sword? I would like a sword of master-make or better, if you know of any places the guard find is the best for war-tools, but I think with the amount of money he has granted us that it might taker some earning. I'd like to order anything that might take time to make as soon as possible."
He may not have clothes, but damned if he wasn't going to get a sword fast as humanly possible.

"The Merchant District has several swordsmiths, it would be best to ask among them for the sort of sword you are looking for.  If things go bad soon, you will all likely be issued a weapon of some sort."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #241 on: April 30, 2010, 03:47:39 PM »
Spoken in Purr
[spoiler]
"Guildmates?"
[/spoiler]

Also spoken in Purr

[spoiler]"Not yet.  A Cat Burglar you may be, but not from our Guild.  Purrhaps the three of you will surrvive initiation.  Purrhaps..."[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 03:53:02 PM by bhu »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #242 on: April 30, 2010, 03:50:34 PM »
"I can help out with defense if needed after I get some gear.  I'm not much of a fighter, but I do know a little about this and that."
"We'll need warriors, unless you have some skills I need to know about that would help in other ways."
"Well, I dabble in magic and am okay at shooting stuff and throwing stuff from a distance.  I wouldn't be a good solider on my own, but I'm sure I could provide valuable support.  Does the guard work pay anything, or are we just trying to keep our new home safe?

On a related note, when can I do some shopping?  I'll need some stuff before I can help you out... assuming you want me to help in the tunnels.  I can't throw or shoot much or cast many spells without the proper munitions and components."
;)

[spoiler]It looks like we're all supposed to be making Spot checks, so here's mine in case it matters:
Spot check. (1d20+4=22)
[/spoiler]

Magic use is somewhat restricted here, and I wouldn't advise casting certain spells openly such as destructive effects or mind control.  A great many fellow citizens dabble in magic, and I don't want an alley filled with Fireballs because someone was quick on the casting.  As mentioned before, we will be taking you to see the Merchants district."

[spoiler]Lots of cats here.  Lots of cats and elven transvestites.  Kinda spooky in it's own way.[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #243 on: April 30, 2010, 03:52:14 PM »
A horrible realisation strikes me and I admitI am not that fond of fighting but I can prove quite useful if I have to. And from what you have told me it seems I won't get home unless I give you a helping hand. I would like to stay out of the large battles but since I have what you might call a natural talent for tunnels I could give you a hand there since I take it you lack aquatic troops I then give of deep sigh, put my hand on my head, making my inner struggle more obvious and say to myself

Furry
[spoiler]Clothes, war, a job... What have I been dragged into?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Spot (1d20+3=19)[/spoiler]

"You're a Druid aren't you?"

[spoiler]They try to hide it well but many of the elfen maids have a penis.  You've heard of transvestites but this is the first time you've seen any[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #244 on: April 30, 2010, 03:58:16 PM »
"This is all certainly a lot to take in... It's been quite a busy day, and we've only just eaten breakfast. Still, I hope that I may be of assistance, even if my normal abilities seem to be reduced at the moment."

Alcy closes her eyes briefly and mutters, "And I doubt I'll ever find a sword like the one I've been stripped of by coming here..." She sighs.

"As for spells, Sheriff, mine are of divine origin, and thus are mainly defensive or augmentative in nature. You'll have no trouble from me in that respect."

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #245 on: April 30, 2010, 04:32:32 PM »
Magic use is somewhat restricted here, and I wouldn't advise casting certain spells openly such as destructive effects or mind control.  A great many fellow citizens dabble in magic, and I don't want an alley filled with Fireballs because someone was quick on the casting.
"Oh, don't worry about that!  I don't know anything like Fireball.  It's mostly fancy stuff to help with entertaining, as well as some handy, practical stuff.  That's why I'd provide a support role: to help confound enemies; not blow up apartments."

[spoiler]Lots of cats here.  Lots of cats and elven transvestites.  Kinda spooky in it's own way.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Winks at one of them, just to throw them off.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:34:12 PM by RobbyPants »
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #246 on: April 30, 2010, 04:37:01 PM »
Bartholomeow looks askance when the conversation turns to destructive magics. Perhaps he'll just keep his mouth shut for a little while...

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #247 on: April 30, 2010, 04:47:09 PM »
"I don't know any magic, but I know how to fly and stuff!"  Kintal wants more attentions!
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #248 on: April 30, 2010, 04:54:37 PM »
In an instant, Alcy is over by Kintal, petting him and rubbing his "widdle kitty face."

[spoiler]Alcy sure does run hot and cold pretty spontaneously. :P[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #249 on: April 30, 2010, 07:17:32 PM »
"I know some magic but nothing that blows up, I don't like fire... closest I have to mind control is putting people to sleep..."

Cusic sees the two cats meowing, and gets on her knees between them and meows at them... she doesn't know they are talking to each other nor does she know the language but it seems like a fun thing to do.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #250 on: April 30, 2010, 07:47:21 PM »
@ Kintal: "A flying cat?  That's pretty awesome.  What else constitutes 'stuff'?"
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
  • First-class monotremancer
    • Email
« Reply #251 on: April 30, 2010, 09:46:19 PM »

"You're a Druid aren't you?"

[spoiler]They try to hide it well but many of the elfen maids have a penis.  You've heard of transvestites but this is the first time you've seen any[/spoiler]

I am a proud practitioner of the druidic art, yes.

[spoiler]The realisation that so many here are actually cross-dressers does not disturb me as much as confuse me, since I still have a hard time grasping the concept of clothing other than to preserve heat in colder climates. Why anyone would dress, so much just to stay dressed made no sense and to feel the need to identify certain clothing with certain genders made even less sense, especially if you were going to use the other ones clothing anyway.

This world confuses me...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:54:44 PM by Ruam »

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #252 on: April 30, 2010, 09:53:57 PM »
Tell me, Of the 4 walls, the roof, and the floor, which is thickest?
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #253 on: April 30, 2010, 11:26:57 PM »
"This is all certainly a lot to take in... It's been quite a busy day, and we've only just eaten breakfast. Still, I hope that I may be of assistance, even if my normal abilities seem to be reduced at the moment."

Alcy closes her eyes briefly and mutters, "And I doubt I'll ever find a sword like the one I've been stripped of by coming here..." She sighs.

"As for spells, Sheriff, mine are of divine origin, and thus are mainly defensive or augmentative in nature. You'll have no trouble from me in that respect."

"You are a Cleric?"

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #254 on: April 30, 2010, 11:30:54 PM »

[spoiler]Winks at one of them, just to throw them off.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]'She' smiles and blows you a kiss.  Woops![/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #255 on: April 30, 2010, 11:32:47 PM »
"I know some magic but nothing that blows up, I don't like fire... closest I have to mind control is putting people to sleep..."

Cusic sees the two cats meowing, and gets on her knees between them and meows at them... she doesn't know they are talking to each other nor does she know the language but it seems like a fun thing to do.

The cats adore you.

"You may still be useful.   Any magic is better than none."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #256 on: April 30, 2010, 11:45:55 PM »

I am a proud practitioner of the druidic art, yes.

[spoiler]The realisation that so many here are actually cross-dressers does not disturb me as much as confuse me, since I still have a hard time grasping the concept of clothing other than to preserve heat in colder climates. Why anyone would dress, so much just to stay dressed made no sense and to feel the need to identify certain clothing with certain genders made even less sense, especially if you were going to use the other ones clothing anyway.

This world confuses me...

"You don't need to fight necessarily sir.  People in your...profession for lack of a better world are well respected in many places here.  Your presence would be a possible diplomatic bonus in some areas.  Plus in my personal opinion we can always use more Druids.  You might be interested in the artificial lake we have.  It won't be like home, but it will let you swim and meet other folk."

[spoiler]in their case it's more than just clothing.  They have makeup and  the whole nine yards.  Most of them are pretty adequate traps.  Most...[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #257 on: April 30, 2010, 11:46:54 PM »
Tell me, Of the 4 walls, the roof, and the floor, which is thickest?

floor

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #258 on: May 01, 2010, 12:12:16 AM »
"Thanks, Good to know."
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #259 on: May 01, 2010, 12:23:07 AM »
[spoiler]'She' smiles and blows you a kiss.  Woops![/spoiler]
[spoiler]Mustave smiles, blushes, and turns away before he gets himself into trouble.  This wouldn't be the first prank gone wrong![/spoiler]
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]