Author Topic: Campaign Thread  (Read 89475 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Campaign Thread
« Reply #220 on: April 30, 2010, 12:28:14 AM »
I'll be happy to help out. I'm not doing much right now.
[spoiler]is everyone supposed to roll spot or just Nanshork?[/spoiler]

"Thank you.  My office will be n touch as soon as we get you settled in, assuming fate allows us time."

In case I didnt make it clear, others besides Nanshork can make spot checks

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: April 30, 2010, 12:30:22 AM »
"I'll definately join the guard! I may not be too good with specifics, but I can gut a fish with my tongue in less time than it takes to blink! And hells, I LIVE(d) in a rift in space-time!" :D
[spoiler]1d20+4=8 spot check :mad
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 12:32:06 AM by Radmelon »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #222 on: April 30, 2010, 12:30:43 AM »
Alcy addresses the Sheriff, "I've got experience fighting across many planes, but I've got to say I'm not exactly familiar with fighting in a tear in space/time, as you put it. So long as I get enough equipment, though, I assume I would have no problem helping out. The troublemaker did have one request of me, though. He said there were some cats that needed my help. Though, so far as I can tell, I've only met one." She looks over at Kintal, nodding her head over at him.

"Honestly, I have seen currencies of many worlds, and most of differing values. I have no idea how much this will get me, though I hope it will be enough to afford decent protective gear. Perhaps not as necessary once the rest of my kind's powers come in."

"This is why we have people coming here to educate everyone on what they need to know.  There are many cats in the city.  Not all of them walk on four legs."

Looks at Kintal...

"There are of course plenty of cats in the rooms here.  The Inn prides itself on helping out the unfortunate in the city when it can, and the cats keep the rooms mice free."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #223 on: April 30, 2010, 12:31:27 AM »
"I'll definately join the guard! I may not be too good with specifics, but I can gut a fish with my tongue in less time than it takes to blink! And hells, I LIVE(d) in a rift in space-time!" :D

"And you are...what exactly?"

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2010, 12:33:51 AM »
"A disciple of chaos, after long meditation in my home plane of Limbo, I learned how to warp probability around my, fighting with fists and other natural weapons."<Strikes pose>

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #225 on: April 30, 2010, 12:34:32 AM »
[spoiler]Spot:
1d20(10)+8=18[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2010, 12:35:17 AM »
"Assuming your...training has not provided mental difficulties and you can be proved trustworthy you will be asked to help yes.  Well at least this time the bastards sent us a decent group before the coming storm."

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2010, 12:36:47 AM »
"My mental ... difficulties are quite underwhelming, I assure you." :smirk

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #228 on: April 30, 2010, 12:37:25 AM »
Venn

[spoiler]Your not sure what has the cats attention but you suddenly notice faaaar too many of the elf women here are not women if you take my meaning.[/spoiler]

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #229 on: April 30, 2010, 12:43:20 AM »
OK. I'll try to get used to the ghost thing fast. As I proceed to fly around a bit and perform a few spins.
[spoiler]Spot, but due to miscalculation Due to skill bonus for ghost skills being +4 not +2 It should have been 2 higher.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #230 on: April 30, 2010, 01:14:27 AM »
Spoken in Purr
[spoiler]
"Guildmates?"
[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #231 on: April 30, 2010, 02:20:42 AM »
Bartholomeow listens with something that is quite the opposite of 'rapt attention'. He doesn't speak, but periodically looks at Zach, as though sizing him up or trying to keep track of him. It isn't until Kintel transforms that he shows any form of interest in anything in particular.

spoken in Purr @ kintel
[spoiler]"How... amusing... I didn't imagine there were any feline guilds in worlds apart from my own."

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #232 on: April 30, 2010, 06:12:52 AM »
"Well at least this time the bastards sent us a decent group before the coming storm."
"Which, as you've said, might be a bad sign of things to come. However, it doesn't matter; I was a warrior retainer for a Lord before being shunted here. I'm a capable enough duelist and warrior, assuming I can get a sword. Otherwise, I'm just a decent duelist. I will gladly help out.

In the meantime, where could one go to get a fine sword? I would like a sword of master-make or better, if you know of any places the guard find is the best for war-tools, but I think with the amount of money he has granted us that it might taker some earning. I'd like to order anything that might take time to make as soon as possible."
He may not have clothes, but damned if he wasn't going to get a sword fast as humanly possible.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #233 on: April 30, 2010, 07:01:43 AM »
"ooh shops, where?" Cusic looks around as though it was possible to see them from here. "I need a nice spear if I'm going to fight anything and possibly some blades"

[spoiler]1d20-6=7[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:09:44 AM by Littha »

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2010, 09:26:07 AM »
"I can help out with defense if needed after I get some gear.  I'm not much of a fighter, but I do know a little about this and that."
"We'll need warriors, unless you have some skills I need to know about that would help in other ways."
"Well, I dabble in magic and am okay at shooting stuff and throwing stuff from a distance.  I wouldn't be a good solider on my own, but I'm sure I could provide valuable support.  Does the guard work pay anything, or are we just trying to keep our new home safe?

On a related note, when can I do some shopping?  I'll need some stuff before I can help you out... assuming you want me to help in the tunnels.  I can't throw or shoot much or cast many spells without the proper munitions and components."
;)

[spoiler]It looks like we're all supposed to be making Spot checks, so here's mine in case it matters:
Spot check. (1d20+4=22)
[/spoiler]
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
  • First-class monotremancer
    • Email
« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2010, 11:09:13 AM »
A horrible realisation strikes me and I admitI am not that fond of fighting but I can prove quite useful if I have to. And from what you have told me it seems I won't get home unless I give you a helping hand. I would like to stay out of the large battles but since I have what you might call a natural talent for tunnels I could give you a hand there since I take it you lack aquatic troops I then give of deep sigh, put my hand on my head, making my inner struggle more obvious and say to myself

Furry
[spoiler]Clothes, war, a job... What have I been dragged into?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Spot (1d20+3=19)[/spoiler]

solara

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #236 on: April 30, 2010, 11:14:58 AM »
Savorel considers the Sheriff for a moment, then speaks up. "I suppose I'll need to see these deities then. I can also work to help your healers, once I have learned more about this city and its people."

Purr
[spoiler]"I, too, have belonged to a guild. It is nice to not be the only one of my kind around."[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: April 30, 2010, 11:56:34 AM »
Kintal moews some more.

Purr
[spoiler]
"Yay, friends!"
[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #238 on: April 30, 2010, 12:05:18 PM »
<deleted by author>
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 12:10:20 PM by Radmelon »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #239 on: April 30, 2010, 03:45:10 PM »
"ooh shops, where?" Cusic looks around as though it was possible to see them from here. "I need a nice spear if I'm going to fight anything and possibly some blades"

[spoiler]1d20-6=7[/spoiler]

We have a merchant district you will be taken to later.

[spoiler]My there are some strange critters here.  And many cute fluffehs as well.[/spoiler]