Author Topic: Campaign Thread  (Read 89471 times)

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Re: Campaign Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2010, 12:33:20 PM »
everyone at the table, @Raum
[spoiler]"Well, yeah.  I was supposed to meet you and some cats.  That being said, how did you get here?  I get the feeling each person's experience is unique.  I, for instance, was eaten.  No joke."

Looks around the table at any of the others:

"How did each of you get here?  Does anyone know what's going on?  I mean, normally I'm kind of ignorant, but I'm feeling more dumb than usual." :p[/spoiler]
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2010, 12:48:44 PM »
@ table:
[spoiler]"Yes..." The boy's voice rose at the end of the last question. "I am aware of what's 'going on'." Whether or not that was true, he didn't deign to continue and instead began selecting bits of food that he would nibble on momentarily and then toss aside, displeased.

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
  • First-class monotremancer
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2010, 12:59:11 PM »
Everyone at the table
[spoiler] As I help myself to just a little more breakfast I answer Knocked in the head with a scythe by one of my own kind wearing a black coat, in the middle of my favourite lake. The next thing I know I wake up in a bed for the first time in several years and dressed for the first time in a few months if I recall correctly. I seat myself once again and place the food in my lap. The only explanations I was offered was that I had been kidnapped by a god as I finish I continue eating[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:03:15 PM by Ruam »

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2010, 01:11:35 PM »
Tabletown
[spoiler]
The small calico housecat sitting upon the table pipes up.  "Who here is supposed to meet a cat?  I'm a cat!  I was brought here by a clown god, or maybe he was a god clown!"
[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2010, 01:16:34 PM »
everyone at table, @Nanshork
[spoiler]"I was supposed to meet a cat, or several cats, as well as Bill, here.  After being eaten, I was also told I was kidnapped by a god.  A clown god, none the less, which is awesome.  You can't tell it from how I'm dressed, but I'm a jester by profession.  So maybe I'm getting a promotion!

Does anyone know anything about this god?  I'd never heard of him, but my theology is certainly rusty."
[/spoiler]
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2010, 01:28:43 PM »
Table
[spoiler]Well, a letter in my room told me to meet a few cats and it was signed "The Jester". I then turn to the little cat I take it you are no normal cat. Where I'm from I use what most people call "another" way to speak to cats[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2010, 01:57:42 PM »
Table.....?
[spoiler]"I got slapped on the head with a sword by a half-crow half-girl demon..." He thinks for a second about how messed up that sounds. "...And I was supposed to meet up with some cats too, according to my letter, signed by this god clown Jester guy. From what I've gathered, he kidnaps people into this realm en masse, though I have no inkling as to why and does ANYONE have a goddamned painkiller?" Regretting irritably having yelled, only making the swelling of his bleeding brain hurt more, turning quietly back to the kid he quietly asserts, "the Red Guard are an elite cadre of samurai, of which I am one. I'm a samurai. With a headache. Or, I was..." His face seems to drop after this statement...[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:07:16 PM by Flay Crimsonwind »

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2010, 02:26:40 PM »
Table (is anyone not at the table yet?)
[spoiler]"I met another of my kind... I don't know any others of my kind so it was kinda fun, he did have a good hat though with a nice feather... he blew me a kiss and I woke up here" Cusic replies watching Kintal's tail closely...[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2010, 02:35:54 PM »
At table[spoiler]"Wow.  Sounds like he's got some talent.  Kisses, crow-girl-demons, eating."

@Flay: "I could make you some painkillers if I had my kit handy, but I don't.  Or I could just get rid of the headache if I had a wand.  Sorry, bud.  By the way, what did you mean that you were a samurai?"[/spoiler]
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2010, 03:57:35 PM »
@table[spoiler]Mainly keeping attention on the sheet she's got wrapped around her, folding it into itself so that it stays put, Alcy answers,
"Ugh... I've had enough of Jesters... That troublemaker showed up in my guarded enclave in Arborea, prancing about, and he addressed me by name. He asked for my help rescuing some kittens. It was an odd request; as a noble Ghaele warrior, I don't usually go out of my way just to deal with kittens, but I acquiesced and suddenly found myself in... well, in that room. Then..."

As she finishes her tale, she looks up at the table, and notices Kintal. Her eyes shimmer as anyone looks at her notices that they are quite different from an elf's, but there's a gleam in them that seems to have nothing to do with the nature of her opalescent eyes.

"Kitty..." she mutters softly. In an instant she is next to Kintal, petting him and trying to, as she would say, scritch him behind the ears.
"You're so cuuuute!" Alcy exclaims in an innocent glee that seems quite unlike her previous cold demeanor.

[spoiler]Anyone capable of making planar knowledge checks should recognize the Olympian Glades of Arborea.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 04:00:15 PM by VennDygrem »

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2010, 04:34:54 PM »
Where all the cool kids are
[spoiler]
Kintal arches his back and purrs as he is scritched. "I actually know two ways to speak to cats that aren't talking normally.  I am a very special cat that belongs to a cat guild, and am actually quite ferocious."
[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2010, 05:44:09 PM »
table
[spoiler]still entranced by kintal's tail Cusic begins to reach towards it slowly...[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2010, 06:03:16 PM »
Everyone at the table (dropping spoiler now):

Maids are bringing in the last few stragglers, one of which is an incredibly large bluish toad man with a long tongue.  As he is set down at your table, what has possibly been one of the better breakfasts of you life (the food is reeeally good) is interrupted when a phantom-like being materializes above your table, regains consciousness, blinks, and looks around.  A maid screams.  The tentacle monster faints.  The Dire Ape screams like a little girl, and voids his bowel in preparation for flinging while dozens of the guards draw crossbows or swords instinctively.  In short, all hell breaks loose. 

You are all now together as a group :D

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2010, 06:17:17 PM »
Alcy looks over in the Ape's direction in disbelief and disgust. She holds back the instinct to vomit, but gags in response regardless.

She looks at the ethereal creature hovering over the table, then back around at the others. Then, back at the figure, and back at the others.
"What? This isn't normal? I figure with walking, talking animal people everywhere, and ol' grabby over there" she gestures at the tentacle monster, "that this couldn't possibly be out of place."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2010, 06:26:48 PM »
Someone points at the apparition and screams "KILL THE DEAD PEOPLE BEFORE IT KILLS US!"

There is a moment of silence whilst much of the room stares at him in amused disbelief before he is hit with an assortment of breakfast foods and ape poo.

A large bearded man with fairly heavy armor and a really big sword steps forward and says: "I need people to calm down!  It's not the first time ghosts have popped up here for breakfast and it won't be the last!  Somebody wake up the tentacle monster and arrest that ape.  And take that other fool outside and hose him off!"

"I'm not getting paid enough to be Sheriff of this town..."

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2010, 06:29:06 PM »
I still remain seated, but look at the phantom with an interested expression. Meh, the strangest thing I've seen since getting here is definitely not this guy.I say and stretch myself to my full length and a small burp of satisfaction escapes me. Thank you for the breakfast

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2010, 06:45:50 PM »
"Who are you people"
"Kitty!"
"What a lovely day this is turning out to be. I die, get dragged into a madhouse, and now some crazy voice has hijacked my spirit link. Does anyone have answers or good news? If so I'm dying to here it."
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2010, 06:56:34 PM »
The large man identifying himself as 'sheriff' says:

"You've been kidnapped by a God like everyone else has.  Please sit down (or at least hover lower) while we calm everyone down, and I'll try to get this thing started."

glares at crowd

"NO MORE FOOD THROWING! NO MORE THROWING ANYTHING!  This is one of the finest restaurants in this world and food is sometimes scarce in this city.  I will not have people behaving like children here or anywhere else.  My name is Dragomir Stefanescu.  I'm the Sheriff of this city, and I uphold it's laws.  If someone's done you wrong, report it myself or my men.  Our stations are easy to find and very visible.  If you've broken the Law and need punished, I'll be the one handing that out as well.  Now if everyone has been accounted for..."

glances at maids who nod yes

"...we can begin telling you a little background about whats happened to you.  We probably won't be able to tell you why, but we can give you what's needed to make your way in this world. We should have tailors on the way now, and while they take your measurements and ask about preferences I'll be setting up."

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2010, 07:21:58 PM »
I slide down from my chair, turn it so that I can see the sheriff properly and then climb up on it again. Now this is something I want to hear I mumble to myself and then adjust my tail so that I do not sit right on top of it.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2010, 07:23:54 PM »
Alcy sits back down, and listens intently to the sheriff. She keeps glancing at the doorways, looking for any signs of the aforementioned tailors.