Author Topic: Jibba Jabba  (Read 106173 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: Jibba Jabba
« Reply #660 on: June 15, 2010, 04:40:18 AM »
Keep in mind that Holy is a +2 enhancement, which can't be attached to anything less than a +1 weapon. That means you'll need to pay for at least a +3 enhancement weapon at least, which runs 18,000 gp above the cost of a masterwork weapon. Nice enchantment, but it's costly.

Also, Gauntlets of War are really just so-so. How often does your character wade into melee combat, really? He's only got 12 str, and only a +4 attack bonus. Plus, it doesn't jive well with trying to burn everything.

Speaking of which, rather than bothering with the fiery weapon, if you're dead-set on a weapon at all, I suggest getting a plain +1 weapon (that you're proficient with- as a cleric I suggest a morningstar or even a longspear to stay out of melee range), and buy a lesser crystal of energy assault (fire) for 3000 gp. It'll let you deal an extra 1d6 fire damage with melee attacks.

"Hey bartholomew i could beat the living pulp out of them for you then we could set the body on fire and scatter the ashes no res for him what do you say well after they give us are stuff you know"

Also, wow, doesn't sound very NG of you. :D

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #661 on: June 15, 2010, 04:53:40 AM »
Keep in mind that Holy is a +2 enhancement, which can't be attached to anything less than a +1 weapon. That means you'll need to pay for at least a +3 enhancement weapon at least, which runs 18,000 gp above the cost of a masterwork weapon. Nice enchantment, but it's costly.

Also, Gauntlets of War are really just so-so. How often does your character wade into melee combat, really? He's only got 12 str, and only a +4 attack bonus. Plus, it doesn't jive well with trying to burn everything.

Speaking of which, rather than bothering with the fiery weapon, if you're dead-set on a weapon at all, I suggest getting a plain +1 weapon (that you're proficient with- as a cleric I suggest a morningstar or even a longspear to stay out of melee range), and buy a lesser crystal of energy assault (fire) for 3000 gp. It'll let you deal an extra 1d6 fire damage with melee attacks.

"Hey bartholomew i could beat the living pulp out of them for you then we could set the body on fire and scatter the ashes no res for him what do you say well after they give us are stuff you know"

I am not NG I AM CHAOTIC good
actually i will do that on a longspear to poke people from a distance and plus the capsules work on any weapon so ill get that so
that becomes
+1 longspear 305 gp
energy assualt (fire) for 3000 gp
triple weapon capsule retainer 450 gp
 5 capsukes of ghost blight 500 gp
10 capsules of quickflame 250 gp
2 capsules of quick silver 100 gp
glove of flame7000 gp
total 11605
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #662 on: June 15, 2010, 04:59:44 AM »

actually i will do that on a longspear to poke people from a distance and plus the capsules work on any weapon so ill get that so
that becomes
+1 longspear 305 gp
glove of flame7000 gp
total 11605

Actually, a +1 Longspear is 2305 gp.
And your character sheet said you were NG. Even still, CG people don't threaten to beat people to a pulp for the hell of it, usually, either. :D

konner09

• Email
« Reply #663 on: June 15, 2010, 05:03:36 AM »

that becomes
+1 longspear 305 gp
glove of flame7000 gp
total 11605

And your character sheet said you were NG. Even still, CG people don't threaten to beat people to a pulp for the hell of it, usually, either. :D
long spear costs 5 gold and masterwork cost 300 gp it says so in my book PH so i am correct :P
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #664 on: June 15, 2010, 05:04:45 AM »

that becomes
+1 longspear 305 gp
glove of flame7000 gp
total 11605

long spear costs 5 gold and masterwork cost 300 gp it says so in my book PH so i am write :P
+1 longspear = longspear with a magic enhancement of +1, which is 2k plus masterwork weapon. A masterwork spear is another matter.  :p

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #665 on: June 15, 2010, 05:05:59 AM »
long spear costs 5 gold and masterwork cost 300 gp it says so in my book PH so i am write :P

Yes, exactly. Masterwork. That's not the same as a +1 enhancement, though. MW is not Magic.
A +1 enhancement, aka a Magic weapon, costs +2000 gp on top of the cost of a masterwork weapon.

konner09

• Email
« Reply #666 on: June 15, 2010, 05:07:44 AM »
 :surrender fine
+1 longspear 2305 gp
glove of flame7000 gp
total 13605

konner09

• Email
« Reply #667 on: June 15, 2010, 05:15:00 AM »
Well, you will have access to an EXTENSIVE spellbook courtesy of Bartholomeow... which reminds me, I need to PM Bhu about some of the "extra spells" I'd like to grab..

I'd say you should definitely go for it. The Spell Domain is a powerful domain. I mean, it has Anitmagic Field which is an ACE IN THE HOLE against wizards and Disjunction as well.

i read back a bit and saw antimagic feild hiss they hurt me i am pure magic no antmagic feild

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #668 on: June 15, 2010, 05:16:03 AM »
You're a bit over budget. But, since you've got the energy crystal for your weapon, you don't really need the quickflame capsules, right? Maybe someone can help chip in to help cover the excess costs. :)

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #669 on: June 15, 2010, 11:41:19 AM »
@ BHU Three baselines for deathless type.
1. Savage species rituals might work, but are very expensive. Not at all possible until later.
2. Necropolitan (LM) costs 3000 gp, and loses a level because you died. Because I'm already dead the level loss doesn't fit, but 3000 gp could be the ritual cost...
3. Create deathless costs 50 gp per HD. Could have it doubled to counter what negative energy is already there. ... While 300 gp (2*50*HD) could be the cost of the regents and stuff for the ritual.

Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #670 on: June 15, 2010, 12:01:47 PM »

And a cleric with the life domain at that. :smirk

that becomes
+1 longspear 305 gp
glove of flame7000 gp
total 11605

konner09

• Email
« Reply #671 on: June 15, 2010, 04:29:08 PM »
 :surrender fine
+1 longspear 2305 gp
Weaponcapsule retainer 100 gp
1 capsule of quick fire 25 gp
1 capsules of quick silver 50 gp
glove of flame7000 gp
2 capsules of anti toxin capsule 30 gp
total 13000
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:52:13 PM by konner09 »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #672 on: June 15, 2010, 05:49:06 PM »
yes Konner you may have those

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #673 on: June 15, 2010, 05:50:13 PM »
@ BHU Three baselines for deathless type.
1. Savage species rituals might work, but are very expensive. Not at all possible until later.
2. Necropolitan (LM) costs 3000 gp, and loses a level because you died. Because I'm already dead the level loss doesn't fit, but 3000 gp could be the ritual cost...
3. Create deathless costs 50 gp per HD. Could have it doubled to counter what negative energy is already there. ... While 300 gp (2*50*HD) could be the cost of the regents and stuff for the ritual.

we could go with 3000 GP.  We could say that covers the costs of experimentation on you since you arent coporeal.

konner09

• Email
« Reply #674 on: June 15, 2010, 05:52:54 PM »
YAY

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #675 on: June 15, 2010, 05:57:17 PM »
I need lists from Jojolagger, Solara, and Nanshork still.  Has anyone heard from Solara??

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #676 on: June 15, 2010, 05:59:01 PM »
You may have your Bandoleer btw Robby

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #677 on: June 15, 2010, 06:36:47 PM »
Almost done with my list.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

solara

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #678 on: June 15, 2010, 06:49:58 PM »
Alright, the first thing I know I want is a cloak of charisma, probably with a cute widdle bowsie. I'm not sure about armor or anything else, but there's about 2/3 of my money. Yay SAD. Any ideas for the rest of the 13,000? I'm thinking about a couple of things, but not certain.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #679 on: June 15, 2010, 06:50:48 PM »
Should I assume Alcy gets the items she requested?