Author Topic: Jibba Jabba  (Read 105856 times)

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Jibba Jabba
« Reply #620 on: June 13, 2010, 03:05:37 PM »
Holy water sprinkler (Libris mortis) filled with fire instead of holy water?

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #621 on: June 13, 2010, 03:10:50 PM »
That is probably it. I still get the feeling eberron would have something. I try a dig it up soon.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #622 on: June 13, 2010, 05:17:01 PM »
You need a super-soaker with alchemical fire reagents in the tanks.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #623 on: June 13, 2010, 05:23:29 PM »
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO GET maybe some alchemest fire muahahhahahahhaahhah buuuuurn burn and since my god is the god of all things that burn maybe technically i get proffienctcy with throughing alchemist fire yes yes alchemist fire infused hammer muhahhahahaha

too bad you are goo... otherwise Meteor Hammers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQgch5-kiSs
Why would being goo stop that. Just get a +1 flaming dire flail.

Goo has no hands to hold weapons in... or other magic items for that matter though I suppose you could just put them in the goo rather than wearing them.

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #624 on: June 13, 2010, 05:25:56 PM »
He has hands, they're just kind of squishy.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #625 on: June 13, 2010, 05:39:32 PM »
Reminds me of one movie where this kid tries to scares away a criminal by saying his birthday presents were "this water gun and a chemistry set. _____ acid (I can't remember what type) can strip the paint off a car in 4 seconds. So tell me, do you feel lucky." When the criminal thinks the kid is bluffing the criminal charges, gets sprayed in the face, and runs off screaming because his eyes are burning. When the kid is asked what the kid put in the water gun he says "soap and water"

@ littha
"Limbs: Unlike normal Oozes, Awakened Living Spells have two arms and two legs. Though the particular shape of an Awakened Living Spell may vary dramatically, the general idea would be a central portion, perhaps roughly spherical, with a 'face', which may not look anything like a face but does make it apparent which direction they are looking, for example, with the four limbs sprouting directly from this Core. This allows them to wield weapons and wear armor. Druid spells share the Druid's prohibition on metal items."
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #626 on: June 13, 2010, 05:50:19 PM »
Probably Hydrochloric.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #627 on: June 13, 2010, 06:27:21 PM »
Reminds me of one movie where this kid tries to scares away a criminal by saying his birthday presents were "this water gun and a chemistry set. _____ acid (I can't remember what type) can strip the paint off a car in 4 seconds. So tell me, do you feel lucky." When the criminal thinks the kid is bluffing the criminal charges, gets sprayed in the face, and runs off screaming because his eyes are burning. When the kid is asked what the kid put in the water gun he says "soap and water"

@ littha
"Limbs: Unlike normal Oozes, Awakened Living Spells have two arms and two legs. Though the particular shape of an Awakened Living Spell may vary dramatically, the general idea would be a central portion, perhaps roughly spherical, with a 'face', which may not look anything like a face but does make it apparent which direction they are looking, for example, with the four limbs sprouting directly from this Core. This allows them to wield weapons and wear armor. Druid spells share the Druid's prohibition on metal items."

aww... i was thinking

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #628 on: June 13, 2010, 06:29:43 PM »
A slime draws near. THEN HE DRAWS A GUN!  :o

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #629 on: June 13, 2010, 06:31:13 PM »
I'm trying to find some gear that would allow me to communicate while in WS, any ideas? If not, would it be possible to customize one, the people in this place seem to de a diverse lot so perhaps they have something fun?

Edit: I'm trying to avoid all these "linked to another ring/armour/whatever"-things

Custom stuff is okay

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #630 on: June 13, 2010, 06:58:20 PM »
I'm trying to find some gear that would allow me to communicate while in WS, any ideas? If not, would it be possible to customize one, the people in this place seem to de a diverse lot so perhaps they have something fun?

Edit: I'm trying to avoid all these "linked to another ring/armour/whatever"-things

Custom stuff is okay
Assuming we run It by you first, right? Some custom magic items break the wealth system in 4 hours.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #631 on: June 13, 2010, 07:37:54 PM »
For 13,000, nothing more than half of it (so nothing above 6.5k.... damn!  :D)

- If weapons are by the normal rules, a +1 Katana would be nice fine.... Not masterwork like they are already, but magic... (Really want keen, but that'll come later) Caelic once upon a time in Bunko's Bargain basement undid the abilities of the sun sword so that it was only it's lighter than bastard sword ability, and took off the extra. It came down to a 3k sword, apparently. Would that be okay for a weapon? It's a +1 Katana that can be wielded as if it were a short sword?

- A +1 wakizashi/katana. You never know when you'll need a second sword. Alternatively, if you know of any sick custom wakizashi/katanas, that'd be great; I don't mind carrying two different katanas, just to be different.  :D

- Indeed, for light armor, which is as heavy as a yojimbo's going to get (and able to be placed under my other clothes), it's hard to beat the mithral shirt, for another 1,100 gp, which I'll enchant up later. Assuming there's a chance to enhance our stuff in the future.

-If I'm planning on being a sheriff/deputy thing, I'd probably need one of those rings. No idea what they cost, or if I should really have one.

Now I'll start diving for the other ~8,900 gp of stuff... or if Bhu's a funny critter, he can chose, but I'm leaning towards warfare/investigating items, or charisma/dexterity stuff.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 02:06:55 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #632 on: June 13, 2010, 07:46:32 PM »
Like I said. I'll let bhu decide mine. ('Cause Teo's impulsive and stuff.)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #633 on: June 13, 2010, 08:13:29 PM »

Custom stuff is okay
Assuming we run It by you first, right? Some custom magic items break the wealth system in 4 hours.

correct

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
  • First-class monotremancer
    • Email
« Reply #634 on: June 13, 2010, 08:36:31 PM »

Custom stuff is okay

After looking through the DMG what seems reasonable would be creating something resembling an amulet of speechlink (CAdv) that would allow me to speak normally while in WS. Since I want the effect to be continuous that would put me at 18000gp. If Ventriloquism is an alternative the base price would be 2000. Tongues (without adding any new languages, of course) or Whispering wind (Bard spell, PH) as a base would set the price to 8000. Ventriloquism seems a bit to cheap and the price for speechlink seems like overdoing it, what seems reasonable? Note that what I want to do is speak normally, telepathic messages is an alternative but not really what I'm looking for

With the rest of the money I am mostly interested in a returning spear.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #635 on: June 13, 2010, 08:43:56 PM »

Custom stuff is okay

After looking through the DMG what seems reasonable would be creating something resembling an amulet of speechlink (CAdv) that would allow me to speak normally while in WS. Since I want the effect to be continuous that would put me at 18000gp. If Ventriloquism is an alternative the base price would be 2000. Tongues (without adding any new languages, of course) or Whispering wind (Bard spell, PH) as a base would set the price to 8000. Ventriloquism seems a bit to cheap and the price for speechlink seems like overdoing it, what seems reasonable? Note that what I want to do is speak normally, telepathic messages is an alternative but not really what I'm looking for.
CL 1 Ghost sound. Any noise with a volume up to 4 people. Level 0 spell, so 1000 gp for an always on item.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
  • First-class monotremancer
    • Email
« Reply #636 on: June 13, 2010, 08:53:58 PM »
I always interpreted it as only being able to make simple sounds (wind, splashing water, and so on), seems like I should start reading the fine prints...

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #637 on: June 13, 2010, 09:16:49 PM »
I always interpreted it as only being able to make simple sounds (wind, splashing water, and so on), seems like I should start reading the fine prints...
Talking is one of the examples in the spell.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #638 on: June 13, 2010, 10:10:01 PM »

that would be cool i just want something to make things burn or the burning dire flail muhahhahahaha burn burn i love to make things burn in balls of flame burning stuff burning stuff i like to make stuff burn :tantrum
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 10:13:06 PM by konner09 »
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #639 on: June 13, 2010, 10:13:00 PM »

that would be cool i just want something to make things burn :flame
Fixed
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]