Author Topic: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC  (Read 198853 times)

Rufei

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Pyun pyun~!
Re: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC
« Reply #1360 on: September 29, 2008, 04:45:13 PM »
So Venn, where are you at in the creation process and if you're done, can we get a link? I'll recompile the Mid-Ocean list of PCs once everyone's finished. :)

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #1361 on: September 29, 2008, 05:26:03 PM »
By the way, my cohort is complete.  Here.  And SiFir, does Expanded Aura of Courage apply to all Rebalanced Paladin auras?

Yes.

Woo, that will make all of my auras 60', at least for awhile.  Now, do I want improved flight or improved cohort?  Hmmmm.....
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1362 on: September 29, 2008, 05:58:03 PM »
So Venn, where are you at in the creation process and if you're done, can we get a link? I'll recompile the Mid-Ocean list of PCs once everyone's finished. :)

The character sheet's already up, but for easy reference, you can find it here: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=82994

As for completion, I've just got to finish my equipment, tighten up the background, and finalize my feat selection. I can still go with Sinfire's idea of using Abyssal Heritor feats for the flight, giving me (ex) flight at the cost of two feats, but I don't know the details on his custom feat that gives the wings actual flight capability (fly speed, full flight a-la Outsider wings or incremental like Dragon Wings, etc.). If I'm impatient, I can get flight at level 1 with a speed of 60 in 1 hour increments with the Eagle's Wings feat, but it's (su) due to being tied into my shapeshifting, and thus a bit more vulnerable. The question I suppose is how useful is flight this early. From the sound of things, flight will be important to have at some point, especially if I, say, get flung overboard.
If I wasn't the only one with feat slots open, I might not need to also be the trapfinder, which would open up the slot I spent on Intuitive Trapsmith, but as it is that slot's reserved. Adaptive Style lets me switch out my maneuvers quicker, though it's not strictly necessary this early. So, I've got one feat open, and a second one open if it would be better suited to something else right now.

At some point, Power Attack will likely be useful since my shapeshifting boosts my strength and thus attack power, but also isn't completely necessary (works well with some other feats, though, like leap attack for double power attack damage). But, as was stated, we don't necessarily need any Uber-Damage-Dealers.

Also, I haven't heard from Sinfire yet on whether I can add Wild feats to the Champion of the Wild feat list, which would allow me to just get Eagle's Wings as a bonus feat at level 4, or something else if it would be useful.

I'm in the computer lab right now, so I'm AFB mostly. I'm about to pack up and head home now, though, so I'm going to be able to pore over other options as well.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #1363 on: September 29, 2008, 06:37:37 PM »

The character sheet's already up, but for easy reference, you can find it here: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=82994

As for completion, I've just got to finish my equipment, tighten up the background, and finalize my feat selection. I can still go with Sinfire's idea of using Abyssal Heritor feats for the flight, giving me (ex) flight at the cost of two feats, but I don't know the details on his custom feat that gives the wings actual flight capability (fly speed, full flight a-la Outsider wings or incremental like Dragon Wings, etc.). If I'm impatient, I can get flight at level 1 with a speed of 60 in 1 hour increments with the Eagle's Wings feat, but it's (su) due to being tied into my shapeshifting, and thus a bit more vulnerable. The question I suppose is how useful is flight this early. From the sound of things, flight will be important to have at some point, especially if I, say, get flung overboard.
If I wasn't the only one with feat slots open, I might not need to also be the trapfinder, which would open up the slot I spent on Intuitive Trapsmith, but as it is that slot's reserved. Adaptive Style lets me switch out my maneuvers quicker, though it's not strictly necessary this early. So, I've got one feat open, and a second one open if it would be better suited to something else right now.

At some point, Power Attack will likely be useful since my shapeshifting boosts my strength and thus attack power, but also isn't completely necessary (works well with some other feats, though, like leap attack for double power attack damage). But, as was stated, we don't necessarily need any Uber-Damage-Dealers.

Also, I haven't heard from Sinfire yet on whether I can add Wild feats to the Champion of the Wild feat list, which would allow me to just get Eagle's Wings as a bonus feat at level 4, or something else if it would be useful.

I'm in the computer lab right now, so I'm AFB mostly. I'm about to pack up and head home now, though, so I'm going to be able to pore over other options as well.

I'll allow the Wild Feats as Ranger bonus feats, seeing as you are taking the Wild Shape variant anyway.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #1364 on: September 29, 2008, 06:40:33 PM »
Oh, note the changes to my character sheet. I deleted the Vest of Resistance +1 to save some money towards the 3000gp for the ritual at level 4.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #1365 on: September 29, 2008, 06:59:30 PM »
I'm going with Improved Cohort over Improved Maneuverability since I just realized I can buy improved maneuverability later on if I decide it's worth the expense.  Unless anyone can think of something better to take than Improved Cohort that is.
Notes to self

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1366 on: September 29, 2008, 07:36:41 PM »

I'll allow the Wild Feats as Ranger bonus feats, seeing as you are taking the Wild Shape variant anyway.

Plus, it fits the theme. I like the idea of Wild feats as Metawild feats for Shapeshifting, so I'm going to try and get as much out of this schtick as I can. It's not the most powerful or optimized mechanic, so I'm doing my best to improve upon it. I like to think of it as good experience in game mechanics development.
>_>
<_<

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1367 on: September 30, 2008, 09:17:43 PM »

Ok, so I'm done. I'll save some money so I've got it for better items later on. Now to post in the Character sheet thread.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #1368 on: September 30, 2008, 11:24:28 PM »
Isn't Improved Cohort just = +1 level to cohort? Is it really worth a feat?

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #1369 on: October 01, 2008, 06:16:13 PM »
Isn't Improved Cohort just = +1 level to cohort? Is it really worth a feat?

Yep, and probably not.  I've just run out of ideas to replace it with.
Notes to self

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1370 on: October 01, 2008, 06:40:23 PM »
You have Improved Initiative?
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #1371 on: October 01, 2008, 06:47:32 PM »
You have Improved Initiative?

Nope, but it'd be a few levels before I took it anyway.  That's why I didn't make it my auto-fallback.
Notes to self

Rufei

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #1372 on: October 01, 2008, 09:28:25 PM »
And Mid-Ocean is (almost?) ready!

VennDygrem: Jerran (the Wolf) - Ranger 2//Swordsage 2 (LA +1)
AlienFromBeyond: Sazarek - Human Paragon 3//Half-Elf Paragon 3
Phaenix: Ellis Gaszpar - Cloistered Cleric 3//Ranger 3 (Said something about doing an Airbender instead)
Rufei: Blanche Balim - Martial Artist 2//Fighter 2/Rogue 1

Depends on if Phaenix is sticking with Ellis or dropping him for some other build. But yeah, I think we're set... with some ridiculous stats to boot. Jerran with a 24 in Wis and a 22 in Str, Sazarek with that 30 in Int, and Blanche with a 28 in Dex... with Ellis barely scraping 20 with that Wis (but it's a cleric, so it'll be buff crazy!).

Fun times.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #1373 on: October 01, 2008, 09:37:41 PM »
Err, AlienFromBeyond might want to get one level of spellcasting class first (if he is going that way). All +1 Spellcasting doesn't apply if you put a spellcasting class after those levels have been taken, IIRC...

AlienFromBeyond

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #1374 on: October 01, 2008, 09:51:16 PM »
Err, AlienFromBeyond might want to get one level of spellcasting class first (if he is going that way). All +1 Spellcasting doesn't apply if you put a spellcasting class after those levels have been taken, IIRC...
I realize that, the spellcaster level from it is basically a waste.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #1375 on: October 01, 2008, 09:59:17 PM »

He's shooting for Rift Magi via Moon Magic feats, IIRC. This means he can't get spellcasting unless it is from a PrC, or else he can't qualify without taking Martial Adept levels.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

AlienFromBeyond

« Reply #1376 on: October 02, 2008, 12:34:22 AM »
He's shooting for Rift Magi via Moon Magic feats, IIRC. This means he can't get spellcasting unless it is from a PrC, or else he can't qualify without taking Martial Adept levels.
Which I'd love to be able to do so I actually have a decent number of readied maneuvers, but it's not really my primary focus anyways.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #1377 on: October 02, 2008, 12:38:09 AM »
So, everyone's ready? Obscure referrence again: 14!

AlienFromBeyond

« Reply #1378 on: October 02, 2008, 01:37:53 AM »
Depends on if Phaenix is sticking with Ellis or dropping him for some other build. But yeah, I think we're set... with some ridiculous stats to boot. Jerran with a 24 in Wis and a 22 in Str, Sazarek with that 30 in Int, and Blanche with a 28 in Dex... with Ellis barely scraping 20 with that Wis (but it's a cleric, so it'll be buff crazy!).

Fun times.
Yes, the stats are slightly silly I will admit, but I did roll 6 fate points, what else was I going to do with them?

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1379 on: October 02, 2008, 04:49:30 AM »
So... still nothing doing with the ice game?  Is there any way to be transfered to a game that will be doing something?

JaronK