Author Topic: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC  (Read 198890 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC
« Reply #1300 on: September 24, 2008, 07:24:30 PM »
SiFir, will the Improve Flight and Improved Speed (giving me good maneuverability so I can hover and such, and increasing my flight speed by a total of 30') feats be as useful as I'm thinking they will most likely be?  Or are chances such that they won't matter much?

Probably won't matter in the long run.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #1301 on: September 24, 2008, 07:32:06 PM »
SiFir, will the Improve Flight and Improved Speed (giving me good maneuverability so I can hover and such, and increasing my flight speed by a total of 30') feats be as useful as I'm thinking they will most likely be?  Or are chances such that they won't matter much?

Probably won't matter in the long run.

Alright.  I was thinking about getting rid of Improved Speed anyway, since 4th class level will be the beginning of my charging into battle with great effectiveness.  If the improved maneuverability won't make much of a difference, I can get rid of that too.

Hmmmm, what to replace those two feats with......Improved Cohort comes to mind...
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1302 on: September 24, 2008, 10:23:08 PM »
Hey Sifir, you never answered my question about Shiba Protector.  Can I reflavor it to my tribe?  Especially since my tribe and the Phoenix Clan are very similar?  I'm not even sure if I'm going to take it, since wis to attack/damage is the only beneficial thing, and I don't really need it (unless it will apply to my tentacles....then it's really nice).
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #1303 on: September 24, 2008, 10:24:20 PM »
Shiba Prot's Wis to hnd ability applies to all attacks...?

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #1304 on: September 24, 2008, 10:26:26 PM »
Hey Sifir, you never answered my question about Shiba Protector.  Can I reflavor it to my tribe?  Especially since my tribe and the Phoenix Clan are very similar?  I'm not even sure if I'm going to take it, since wis to attack/damage is the only beneficial thing, and I don't really need it (unless it will apply to my tentacles....then it's really nice).

Sure.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #1305 on: September 24, 2008, 10:33:38 PM »
Shiba Prot's Wis to hnd ability applies to all attacks...?

No Thought (Ex):  Shiba protectors add their Wisdom modifier, if positive, to their attack and damage rolls.
Notes to self

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #1306 on: September 24, 2008, 10:42:17 PM »
That is what I thought...

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1307 on: September 24, 2008, 10:51:08 PM »
The FP stays the same. The build just plays a little differently.
Makes sense.  :lol

Anyway, no problems.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:12:45 AM by VennDygrem »

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #1308 on: September 24, 2008, 11:08:37 PM »
You could be me, and be a full-fledged blonde. That's much worse.
:lol

1. Not Caucasian, so that hair colour is out.

2. Sinfire, you're female? :smirk (blonde = female, blond = male)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1309 on: September 24, 2008, 11:45:44 PM »

This just brings up the fact that it's usually impossible to tell what gender people are on the internet. Unless I know or have some indication of someone's gender, I try to leave gendered pronouns out. :o

Rufei

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #1310 on: September 25, 2008, 12:04:41 AM »
Heh, someone doesn't believe in the "there are no girls on the intarwebs" mantra.

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1311 on: September 25, 2008, 12:31:05 AM »
There's a reason I use "him" and derivations thereof when talking about unknown genders on-line.

Because it's standard, not because girls don't exist.  Who do you think I am?
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #1312 on: September 25, 2008, 12:07:07 PM »

This just brings up the fact that it's usually impossible to tell what gender people are on the internet. Unless I know or have some indication of someone's gender, I try to leave gendered pronouns out. :o

I wasn't aware of the difference, actually. Now that it has been pointed out, I'll use the proper term. But I am as male as my kind can get.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1313 on: September 25, 2008, 01:10:43 PM »

I wasn't aware of the difference, actually. Now that it has been pointed out, I'll use the proper term. But I am as male as my kind can get.

In standard modern English, the two are generally interchangeable, depending on the person using them. Some people will use one or the other, though some people will still make the distinction. It is still the only adjective in English, that I know of, that has a gender.

NowI return to obsessing over my character. XD

AlienFromBeyond

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #1314 on: September 25, 2008, 04:43:27 PM »
So who are we waiting on now that I got off my lazy ass and finished my character?

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #1315 on: September 25, 2008, 05:47:01 PM »
In standard modern English, the two are generally interchangeable, depending on the person using them. Some people will use one or the other, though some people will still make the distinction. It is still the only adjective in English, that I know of, that has a gender.

NowI return to obsessing over my character. XD
There are a few more.

Technically, I made the same mistake as Sinfire in that I should really have written brunet instead of brunette (brunet being the masculine form). And I am only a brunet because of the Sun, I think. My hair is naturally bleached for some reason. I am actually raven-haired. Weird how it happened, given that I tend to stay out of the Sun whenever possible.

Also, fiance and fiancee (first is male).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:55:46 PM by AndyJames »

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #1316 on: September 25, 2008, 06:06:42 PM »
I'm going to derail this derailment and ask if any of you know where I can find the updated Falling Star maneuver list?  The thread on gleemax says that it isn't up to date, and the link given to lead to the updated list is broken.
Notes to self

Rufei

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #1317 on: September 25, 2008, 06:29:18 PM »
So who are we waiting on now that I got off my lazy ass and finished my character?

I'm writing up my (totally optional) rewrite of my history... VennDygrem is going through builds like butter, and Phaenix is... done?

But yeah, Mid-Ocean seems to be (mostly) ready. And I shall rock it hard in a cell aboard the Daritus.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1318 on: September 25, 2008, 06:32:55 PM »
So as far as the Champion of the Wild spell-less ranger variant in Complete Champion goes, there are only three feats that I can benefit from out of the ones I can actually qualify for. Maybe Sinfire will allow me to supplement it with the "Metawild" feats I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Beyond that, my character is just about done, with only some minor tweaking left to do on the background and skills. I'll also need to find a way to sort the totemist soulmelds by usefulness per situation, though that doesn't impact the game starting.

So, if memory serves, Mid-Ocean currently consists of Phaenix, Rufei, AFP, and myself, and Nox_Noctis sounds like a no-show for the game, which is a shame because Artificer/Factotum could help fill the gaps in the group, and particularly, would allow me to free up a feat and some skill points. Ah well, though!

---
Nanshork: How old is this in comparison? Also, this download worked for me, though I assume it's just a pdf version of the former. I really don't know.
----
Rufei: Just because I'm tweaking to taste doesn't mean I'm completely rebuilding them... Ok, so I'm just mostly rebuilding them! There's a difference! :D

Anyway, this is the last and final build.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #1319 on: September 25, 2008, 06:45:28 PM »
Nanshork: How old is this in comparison? Also, this download worked for me, though I assume it's just a pdf

That's it!  Thank you!  It's more up to date than the first post in that thread, which is what I was talking about.  That's good enough for me.  :D

Now I can see if I want my cohort to be a Sublime Way Ranger.

Edit: SiFir, would you allow the Sublime Way Ranger using the Falling Star style found here?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 07:15:23 PM by Nanshork »
Notes to self