Author Topic: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC  (Read 198811 times)

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
Re: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC
« Reply #800 on: September 05, 2008, 03:13:22 AM »
For the record, I'm assume that alignment is good-ish?
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #801 on: September 05, 2008, 03:19:12 AM »
I prefer it myself, but only because Neutral characters are hard to motivate unless you actively threaten them, and Evil characters in my games have an unusual tendency to draw attention to themselves and wind up on the business end of a greatsword. Never understood that myself, as I never DMed when those characters were allowed. Well, save for ones my brother made, but they were destined to die anyway, as horrible as they were (For those who don't know, my brother once thought Soulknife 3/Incarnate 2 TWFer would be a good character for combat).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #802 on: September 05, 2008, 03:22:17 AM »
I prefer it myself, but only because Neutral characters are hard to motivate unless you actively threaten them, and Evil characters in my games have an unusual tendency to draw attention to themselves and wind up on the business end of a greatsword. Never understood that myself, as I never DMed when those characters were allowed. Well, save for ones my brother made, but they were destined to die anyway, as horrible as they were (For those who don't know, my brother once thought Soulknife 3/Incarnate 2 TWFer would be a good character for combat).

Eh, my neutral characters can be motivated quite easily, even neutral people prefer good over evil when give a choice.  And I've been involved with some pretty horribly played evil groups so I can understand that.  Good-ish it is.

Oh, and I have to ask.  What is your stance on characters who aren't completely sane?
Notes to self

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #803 on: September 05, 2008, 03:33:32 AM »

Eh, my neutral characters can be motivated quite easily, even neutral people prefer good over evil when give a choice.  And I've been involved with some pretty horribly played evil groups so I can understand that.  Good-ish it is.

Oh, and I have to ask.  What is your stance on characters who aren't completely sane?

Are we talking Keith Ledger Joker crazy, or Pink Elephant crazy?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #804 on: September 05, 2008, 03:37:18 AM »

If it would be anything it would be more pink elephant.  No evil = no Joker crazy.  I make crazy CN characters from time to time, just trying to narrow my options while I look through my books and builds that I've made over time.
Notes to self

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #805 on: September 05, 2008, 03:39:20 AM »
Oh, and I know you said any book but I want to double check on this one: Dragonlance Campaign Setting?
Notes to self

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #806 on: September 05, 2008, 03:42:26 AM »

If it would be anything it would be more pink elephant.  No evil = no Joker crazy.  I make crazy CN characters from time to time, just trying to narrow my options while I look through my books and builds that I've made over time.

I didn't say No Evil, I said I prefer Good.

Oh, and I know you said any book but I want to double check on this one: Dragonlance Campaign Setting?

Fine by me, no Minotaur or Infinite DFA damage though. A few other things may need scrutiny, but those are the major offenders that I can remember right now.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #807 on: September 05, 2008, 03:44:28 AM »

I didn't say No Evil, I said I prefer Good.

Fine by me, no Minotaur or Infinite DFA damage though. A few other things may need scrutiny, but those are the major offenders that I can remember right now.

Done and done.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, alight, if I go towards evil I'll run it by you before making anything final and I promise not to kill my teamates.  Evil can cooperate when it serves it's own ends.
Notes to self

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #808 on: September 05, 2008, 04:04:44 AM »
Done and done.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, alight, if I go towards evil I'll run it by you before making anything final and I promise not to kill my teamates.  Evil can cooperate when it serves it's own ends.

Good.

Goddamn rain! I'm stuck at the shop at 2 in the morning! I want to go home, but I have no method of doing so without getting drenched half to death in the process. No one I know is awake at this time, and it is a 10 minute bike ride to my house. Dammit!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #809 on: September 05, 2008, 04:06:38 AM »
Done and done.

Good.

Goddamn rain! I'm stuck at the shop at 2 in the morning! I want to go home, but I have no method of doing so without getting drenched half to death in the process. No one I know is awake at this time, and it is a 10 minute bike ride to my house. Dammit!

That really sucks.  Oh, and I doubt you'll have to worry about evil-ness because I just realized that my "evil build" involves dual-progression PrC's.
Notes to self

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #810 on: September 05, 2008, 04:09:15 AM »
Done and done.

Good.

That really sucks.  Oh, and I doubt you'll have to worry about evil-ness because I just realized that my "evil build" involves dual-progression PrC's.

Depending on the class, I'll allow it. EK is fine, but MT, TN, UM, and other twin-caster classes are out (due to how the Gestalt rules in this game work, those would be like getting 20 levels worth of spellcasting in under 10).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #811 on: September 05, 2008, 04:28:09 AM »
It sounds like that it is mainly environmental issues that would be a major issue. With that in mind, a Dragonborn Draconic DW Jungle Kobold Druid//Sorcerer 2 with wings and Loredrake sub-level would not be overly bad :smirk

Seriously, though, I think that would be way overkill. I don't want to wreck the campaign.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #812 on: September 05, 2008, 04:32:38 AM »
Depending on the class, I'll allow it. EK is fine, but MT, TN, UM, and other twin-caster classes are out (due to how the Gestalt rules in this game work, those would be like getting 20 levels worth of spellcasting in under 10).

More Sacred Fist/ Enlightened Fist.
Notes to self

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #813 on: September 05, 2008, 04:36:08 AM »

Oh, those are fine. So long as you don't go Cleric//Wizard then multiclass into Monk and double up on SF+EF dips.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #814 on: September 05, 2008, 04:36:44 AM »
It sounds like that it is mainly environmental issues that would be a major issue. With that in mind, a Dragonborn Draconic DW Jungle Kobold Druid//Sorcerer 2 with wings and Loredrake sub-level would not be overly bad :smirk

Seriously, though, I think that would be way overkill. I don't want to wreck the campaign.

DW?

Edit: oh, dragonwrought. Wasn't familiar with the acronym. I've seen worse than that (We do have Unseelie Draconic Magic-Blooded Fire Cast Dromite craziness in Valua and a Symbiotic Rime Sprite/Human in Yafutoma, after all).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:39:21 AM by Sinfire Titan »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #815 on: September 05, 2008, 04:39:55 AM »

Oh, those are fine. So long as you don't go Cleric//Wizard then multiclass into Monk and double up on SF+EF dips.

Would be more Monk//Warlock/Ur-Priest/SF/EF, heh.
Notes to self

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #816 on: September 05, 2008, 04:44:21 AM »

Would be more Monk//Warlock/Ur-Priest/SF/EF, heh.

That's actually fine with me, crazy as it may sound.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #817 on: September 05, 2008, 05:03:53 AM »
Actually, I can go ahead and list the builds that I'm thinking of using and you can tell me what you think.  If I give a build a title, it can be viewed in this thread.

The build I just mentioned, an alternative Frozen Brawler build using Dwarf and Chaos Monk // Barbarian, my Master of Frost with no clue what to use as the other side of gestalt, The Dragon build with something with the fighter, maybe knight, The Forger build going Incarnate//Fighter.  And maybe something using the Spellfire Channeler PrC but I don't know about that.

So I'm about ready to fill any role really.  Even scrapped an idea for a dedicated skill-monkey.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 05:07:41 AM by Nanshork »
Notes to self

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #818 on: September 05, 2008, 05:07:04 AM »
woops.
Notes to self

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #819 on: September 05, 2008, 06:01:28 AM »
DW?

Edit: oh, dragonwrought. Wasn't familiar with the acronym. I've seen worse than that (We do have Unseelie Draconic Magic-Blooded Fire Cast Dromite craziness in Valua and a Symbiotic Rime Sprite/Human in Yafutoma, after all).
Geez. We got enough templates there, man?

OK. If that is what is going to happen, then I will go all out nuts.

One thing, though. Don't know how weird this is or if it is even legal, but:
Anyone noticed Incarnate Construct?
-2 LA, and 2 stats (Con & Int) that you get to roll when you apply it...

Spend you PB on the other 4 stats, roll Con and Int, then tack on any number of templates that will send you back to LA +0 again (or more if you are that way inclined).

Of course, finding a construct you can put that on is going to be difficult.

Also:

I am not getting it. How is dual casters going to give you any more than the normal caster levels and stuff?

For example:

Druid 10//Wizard 10 = CL 10 in both, ECL 10

Druid 4//Wizard 4 / Arcane Heirophant 6 = CL 10 in both, ECL 10

Am I missing something here?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 06:20:39 AM by AndyJames »