Author Topic: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC  (Read 198851 times)

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
Re: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC
« Reply #780 on: September 04, 2008, 10:46:13 PM »
I too would like to join the Desert of Ice campaign.  What are the two characters that are already in the party?

My first convert to a brilliantgameite. :)

Yeah yeah yeah.  :P 

What can I say, you got me hooked on PbP games.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #781 on: September 04, 2008, 11:01:10 PM »
I too would like to join the Desert of Ice campaign.  What are the two characters that are already in the party?

JaronK and Dman's characters. And it is Lands of Ice (I just called it a desert because it never technically rains there, like Antarctica).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #782 on: September 04, 2008, 11:09:22 PM »

JaronK and Dman's characters. And it is Lands of Ice (I just called it a desert because it never technically rains there, like Antarctica).

I'm enough of a nerd to know what you meant, heh. 

Looks like arcane and divine roles are still needed.  D_S, tell me what role(s) your character will fill and I'll take up the slack.
Notes to self

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #783 on: September 04, 2008, 11:09:48 PM »
Hmm... This Arcadia thing is based on something? Because I have no clue as to half of what you guys are talking about...

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #784 on: September 04, 2008, 11:25:29 PM »
Hmm... This Arcadia thing is based on something? Because I have no clue as to half of what you guys are talking about...

You mean the campaign itself? Its based off of a video game, though the campaign itself takes place 500 years after the video game ends (so I'm not railroading you into the game's storyline). If you mean something else, then I have no clue myself.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #785 on: September 05, 2008, 12:17:10 AM »
Yeah, that is what I mean. I've never played the game, so am completely clueless. Otherwise, I might be interested in joining.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #786 on: September 05, 2008, 12:20:26 AM »
It's a great game. My favorite RPG of all time. If you have a dreamcast or gamecube, I'd suggest picking it up.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #787 on: September 05, 2008, 12:30:16 AM »
I haven't had a console since the old 8-bit Nintendo knock-offs with the cartidges the size of cigarette packs :P

Anyway, should a fellow clueless about the setting join a game like this and run the risk of annoying all and sundry with his noob-ness?

syntax_error

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Let loose the hounds of RAW
« Reply #788 on: September 05, 2008, 12:38:17 AM »
That's what I'm doing  :D

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
  • "Wit is educated insolence."
    • Email
« Reply #789 on: September 05, 2008, 12:39:24 AM »
All I know is what Ive got from this thread and a quick perusal of the intarwebs.
My choice place for buying Magic: the Gathering Singles: adventuresOn.com

Currently DMing a Solo PbP, Check it out here

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #790 on: September 05, 2008, 12:40:53 AM »
Gamecube you say?  Might check it out.

Yay!  Ice can start soon!

Oh, and my computer died (it won't turn on...), so I haven't been able to do much online, and that pushed back the beta date on the Avatar project.  Water should be done, and Earth as well though.  We might do some work on the Golem seeds, because they need special attention due to the new monster needed for them.  Due to beta water being done, my character's going to change just a little bit.  Basic build stays the same though.

As for builds, I can heal pretty efficiently eventually (at will healing), and I could use any help upping my trip modifier.......

Oh, and I'll be "summoning" as best I can, bringing as many tentacles as I can, though I may change my strategy later to ultimate protection.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #791 on: September 05, 2008, 01:04:00 AM »
OK, then. Let me at them :P Where, who or what should I be playing, if there is any preferrences? Casters are my forte, but I can do a reasonable warrior type.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #792 on: September 05, 2008, 01:36:27 AM »
Gamecube you say?  Might check it out.

Yay!  Ice can start soon!

Oh, and my computer died (it won't turn on...), so I haven't been able to do much online, and that pushed back the beta date on the Avatar project.  Water should be done, and Earth as well though.  We might do some work on the Golem seeds, because they need special attention due to the new monster needed for them.  Due to beta water being done, my character's going to change just a little bit.  Basic build stays the same though.

As for builds, I can heal pretty efficiently eventually (at will healing), and I could use any help upping my trip modifier.......

Oh, and I'll be "summoning" as best I can, bringing as many tentacles as I can, though I may change my strategy later to ultimate protection.

So divine casting isn't as neccessary for our group?  Good to know.
Notes to self

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #793 on: September 05, 2008, 01:37:37 AM »
I haven't had a console since the old 8-bit Nintendo knock-offs with the cartidges the size of cigarette packs :P

Anyway, should a fellow clueless about the setting join a game like this and run the risk of annoying all and sundry with his noob-ness?

Check Wikipedia, check TVTropes, Google the SoA Wiki site itself. Download a Emulator of the Legends game, or the original if you can't find/run that one. Or get a Wii and download it to that from Nintendo, and beat it. I've gone over the major plot points in the opening post, but the actual storyline is so much more impressive. That, and playing it will give you an idea of what you might be seeing during the IC portions. We've all ready got a group going after one of the six Gigas as it is.

Key point to remember: Everything flies. 'Nuff freaking said. You've no idea how many times I've had to explain to people that there is no actual sea between the continents, despite the skies being called oceans.

Three major factions: Black Pirates, Blue Rogues, Valuan Armada. Other factions include the Tenkou, and pretty much every major DnD religious group in print (most people put the moons before the gods, though the gods are still worshiped). Valua is, more or less, the most organized of the three, but in terms of actual power the Blue Rogues come out on top (due to sheer numbers). Nasr doesn't have much in the way of a fleet, though the Rogues protect them as much as they do Ixa'taka. Lands of Ice are mostly undefended, and virtually uninhabited.

The moons, for their part, are unaligned in terms of alignment for their followers. The Silver Moon has as many necromancers as it does healers, and it is the same for pretty much all of the moons.

There are three Gigas that are confirmed to be alive (Recumen, Grendel, and Bluheim). The other three (Yeligar, Plergoth/Rhaknam, and Zelos) are all MIA, as are the Moon Crystals that control them. Only one of the six is still conscious, and that's Grendel.

Expect cliches galore during the storyline.

OK, then. Let me at them :P Where, who or what should I be playing, if there is any preferrences? Casters are my forte, but I can do a reasonable warrior type.

Lands of Ice needs another player, and Mid-Ocean would like two more.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #794 on: September 05, 2008, 01:47:00 AM »
OK. Put me on the Lands of Ice, then, so that it can get started ASAP. I'll do what homework I can, but expect a bunch of blunders from me. Apologies in advance for that.

Any preferrences to races in that place? I read that druids and barbarians roam the place (in the OP), but nothing on race?

I am also a bit confused as to how your gestalt works. So, if the first two classes are gestalted, but the other classes are not, you are saying that (Warblade//Sorcerer) 5/Dragonheart Mage 3 = ECL 8?

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #795 on: September 05, 2008, 01:59:43 AM »
OK. Put me on the Lands of Ice, then, so that it can get started ASAP. I'll do what homework I can, but expect a bunch of blunders from me. Apologies in advance for that.

Any preferrences to races in that place? I read that druids and barbarians roam the place (in the OP), but nothing on race?

I am also a bit confused as to how your gestalt works. So, if the first two classes are gestalted, but the other classes are not, you are saying that (Warblade//Sorcerer) 5/Dragonheart Mage 3 = ECL 8?

Any race works, though you may wish to be reasonable (it can kill you down there). And you've got the right idea for the Gestalt rules.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #796 on: September 05, 2008, 02:10:51 AM »

Note the *cough*
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #797 on: September 05, 2008, 02:20:55 AM »
What do you mean by reasonable, Sinfire? I don't want to be the Dretch in Celestia, if you get what I mean... :D

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #798 on: September 05, 2008, 03:00:43 AM »

Note the *cough*

I've been in one of his games for a bit, long before the *cough*
Notes to self

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #799 on: September 05, 2008, 03:08:39 AM »
What do you mean by reasonable, Sinfire? I don't want to be the Dretch in Celestia, if you get what I mean... :D

While Neanderthal may be a good choice for the Lands of Ice portion of the campaign, I assure you that your penalty stats will be sorely missed later on in the campaign. Likewise, playing a Fire Elf in LoI is more or less asking me to put the bullseye on your character while he stands in the freezing arctic in the buff.

Things that will be more practical later on that have to be justified for the short portion of the game? Those are usually the better choice (Warforged in the middle of a Tundra, when Warforged are the only race that can survive in Deep Sky in case of an accident, is a perfect example). Think practical over logical.

[spoiler][/spoiler]