Author Topic: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC  (Read 198870 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC
« Reply #1320 on: September 25, 2008, 06:48:00 PM »
Nanshork: How old is this in comparison? Also, this download worked for me, though I assume it's just a pdf

That's it!  Thank you!  It's more up to date than the first post in that thread, which is what I was talking about.  That's good enough for me.  :D

Now I can see if I want my cohort to be a Sublime Way Ranger.

Anything that follows the Sublime way is pretty awesome. :D

AlienFromBeyond

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #1321 on: September 25, 2008, 08:16:10 PM »
Nanshork: How old is this in comparison? Also, this download worked for me, though I assume it's just a pdf

That's it!  Thank you!  It's more up to date than the first post in that thread, which is what I was talking about.  That's good enough for me.  :D

Edit: SiFir, would you allow the Sublime Way Ranger using the Falling Star style found here?
He's already allowed it, Blanche uses (used?) it, and my previous character as well.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #1322 on: September 25, 2008, 08:30:09 PM »

Edit: SiFir, would you allow the Sublime Way Ranger using the Falling Star style found here?
He's already allowed it, Blanche uses (used?) it, and my previous character as well.

Then that's what I'll be doing.  Soulknife//Sublime Way Ranger 14/ Soulbow 1/ Shiba Protector 1/ Kensai 4.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 09:01:06 PM by Nanshork »
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

AlienFromBeyond

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #1323 on: September 25, 2008, 08:47:14 PM »
I think you mean Soulbow 1 there :P.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #1324 on: September 25, 2008, 08:55:35 PM »

Maybe.  :P
Notes to self

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #1325 on: September 25, 2008, 08:57:31 PM »
He could have meant SoldBow...

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #1326 on: September 25, 2008, 09:01:43 PM »
He could have meant SoldBow...

Or I could just be unable to type correctly today... :-[
Notes to self

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1327 on: September 25, 2008, 09:12:06 PM »
Venn....you have no idea how long I've been looking for a complete version of that.  And two posts above mine?  HOW?  It was a long time ago though.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1328 on: September 25, 2008, 09:14:38 PM »
Venn....you have no idea how long I've been looking for a complete version of that.  And two posts above mine?  HOW?  It was a long time ago though.

I did notice that, though I didn't see a need to point it out. I kind of figured you'd known about it.   :)

Rufei

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #1329 on: September 25, 2008, 10:25:56 PM »

My cohort's not using the SWVR. Instead, he/she/it'll be using a very urban Ranger.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1330 on: September 26, 2008, 12:13:07 AM »
Why urban ranger, if you don't mind my asking?

Rufei

• Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #1331 on: September 26, 2008, 05:13:58 AM »
Why urban ranger, if you don't mind my asking?

*points at DC to track through air*

Plus, it gives class skills in Sense Motive and whatnot.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #1332 on: September 26, 2008, 06:52:19 AM »
Ok, my character is completely finished and I'm working on my cohort (which it will be a couple of levels before I can get him).  Here is what I've got so far, I'll re-examine a few archer handbooks before this weekend is out and hopefully flesh out all of those empty feat slots.  Advice appreciated.
Notes to self

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #1333 on: September 26, 2008, 06:55:29 AM »
(Binder//Warlock) 17/Hellfire Warlock 3

Wild Talent, Psionic Shot, Greater Psionic Shot, Psionic Meditation

:D

Rufei

• Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #1334 on: September 26, 2008, 07:02:53 AM »
Are there any "cooperative sniping" abilities/feats/things that I don't know about out there? 'Cause my cohort will be ranged as well (and packing the Artificer's awesome).

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1335 on: September 26, 2008, 07:27:12 AM »
All this talk about archers and rangers is proving that, for the moment, Mid-Ocean is pretty darn low on ranged attacks. It's not absolutely vital, but can be useful depending on the situation. And I can't fly until I get the Abyssal heritor feat Sinfire is working on (and at whatever level or pre-req is needed for it), or level 5, whichever comes first. Well, I can, though I can't go very far, and it takes up a soulmeld for the day to do so.

Not that I'm worried. Not about that, anyway. I'm sure Sinfire's got plenty of other things for us to worry about in the game. :D

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #1336 on: September 26, 2008, 07:47:24 AM »
Bugger Mid-Ocean...! :P

I am still trying to remember who is in LoI and what they are playing...! :D

Rufei

• Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #1337 on: September 26, 2008, 02:00:23 PM »
All this talk about archers and rangers is proving that, for the moment, Mid-Ocean is pretty darn low on ranged attacks. It's not absolutely vital, but can be useful depending on the situation. And I can't fly until I get the Abyssal heritor feat Sinfire is working on (and at whatever level or pre-req is needed for it), or level 5, whichever comes first. Well, I can, though I can't go very far, and it takes up a soulmeld for the day to do so.

Not that I'm worried. Not about that, anyway. I'm sure Sinfire's got plenty of other things for us to worry about in the game. :D

Well, for starters ranged attacks were absolutely necessary. It killed the loopers we were facing before they landed on the deck of our ship and were necessary to shoot the crew aboard the Daritus (and its companion ship). I don't think we've had a time where we were in melee combat.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #1338 on: September 26, 2008, 04:48:56 PM »

While it's a nice idea, I'm actually really happy with my levels as they are now.  Might be less damage, but more ranged goodness.  And splitting mind arrows.  :D

Well, for starters ranged attacks were absolutely necessary. It killed the loopers we were facing before they landed on the deck of our ship and were necessary to shoot the crew aboard the Daritus (and its companion ship). I don't think we've had a time where we were in melee combat.

Situations like that are the reason that my cohort is a ranged attacker.
Notes to self

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1339 on: September 26, 2008, 05:51:21 PM »

While it's a nice idea, I'm actually really happy with my levels as they are now.  Might be less damage, but more ranged goodness.  And splitting mind arrows.  :D

Situations like that are the reason that my cohort is a ranged attacker.

Ok, so my fears are justified (and makes me wonder why Rufei's going with such a melee oriented role as well. :P). I guess it might do me well to change my flaws and pick up a bow, then, to pick off people before they get on-board, then let it meld into my shape for closeup melee combat, seeing as how I can't yet fly and wouldn't have the proper speed or maneuverability to be effective in air combat. I also can't get the breath weapons for certain soulmelds until much later on, and they don't have terrific range anyway.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 06:04:02 PM by VennDygrem »