Author Topic: Chapter 2  (Read 4089 times)

Hallack

• Hong Kong
Re: Chapter 2
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 11:29:50 AM »
Before the group splits with Glim going to confirm orders. 

"I guess we can take a look around while while you're confirming matters" he says looking at Glim.  "What do you say we see what we can learn in the next 3 hours then meet back at the Wolf's Head?" 
Placeholder - T'tosc

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 12:21:17 PM »
Agreed. Just don't kill too many people.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 02:56:15 PM »
Aullara goes invisible once no one needs to do anymore talking.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 02:47:50 PM »
Suzuki, unsure of what exactly he can do dressed as he is, brushes his hand against his face, and the rather frightening cloaked figure with the grey mask is suddenly a rather average looking traveler of some sort in a plainer, brown cloak. The figure smiles, flips down the cloaks hood, and starts walking at a brisk pace through the city. He stands out somewhat, with a longer ponytail of fine black hair, and glimmering eyes that look determines. As he walks, he tries to pick up bits and pieces of outspoken rumors, despite how this work is... not his usual affairs.
[spoiler]
Gather Info: 12[/spoiler]

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 12:08:01 PM »
With a nod to Glim and others about Shade changes form to that of a child and heads for the exit, "Three hours."  Intent on finding out what is going on in the city he makes is way among the cities peoples, shops, and streets with liberal use of his skills and hat of disguise trying to find what he can turn up. 

[spoiler]Gather Info: 1d4+1=5 (will take him 5 hours)
1d20+11=19

It is going to take me more than the 3 hours I had hoped so if I'm finding some leads/info I'll get word back to Glim that I'll be a few hours long in gathering info. 
[/spoiler]
Placeholder - T'tosc

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2010, 11:50:24 PM »
Jade  and Tyris look at each other for a moment as then listen to each others question  as they look at each other saying “Well will if we were going to try to infiltrate in there I would start by taking out the enterer guards just before that switch every 8 hrs starting at midnight every night for there is two sets of guards the city watch that does the grounds with big watch dogs and they are not even allowed in side and the Paladins guard the inside take them out and replace them with our selves means you only have to get past the outside guards. Or you can try find another way in but with the city under a curfew the city streets will have no collateral damage. 

Glim
Mean while May cuts off Glim mid speech saying would “Will Captain Alucard do?” as he stretches out her arm as a large crystal on a table floats beside her as her eyes glow so does the crystal say “well the communication stone that is in his desk is not responding to he may not be in the room there is another option a former agent form here till she was transferred out. Don’t ask She may still have her personal crystal on her. Yes”.
As she waves her hand and you see the image of a jackal floating ghastly above  the crystal may says “Sutra  what on earth are you doing if animal form ? Never mind where is your captain Alucard?” as the Sutra  just waves her tail and says “well he is dealing with a rat problem why would a half Vampire deal with a group of thief buy himself like that is unknown to me but does Striker ask about me?” May says “Well we can have a little gospel of what is going on later for this is work not fun.  Has Alucard been briefed about how Glims teams mission is gone to hell.?” Sutra then turns into hybrid (yes with full frontal nude) form then says “well Alucard was at the meeting the Alucard was at and according to him the team sent is under Strikers command and he is in overall command of what is going on I don’t who much else.”

((in short form May cant get Alucard right now as he his dealing with the citys were rat problem himself you were able to get Sutra (and possibly to much info on both her and striker) and according to her Alucard knows what is going on and high command is letting commander Striker deal with it any way he sees fit as in sending your team on this new assignment ))

Back to main group
Your guys have split up and regrouped at and you have been unable to find out much more but you did over hear some guards talk about how they should be tearing the city looking for Signor Ferrari he has to know something about what is going on , when Maglynn enters the inn one of the bar maids looks at her and takes he to the side saying “tell your friends that a mural friend is waiting for you up in room 3”
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 02:34:49 PM by Stormcrow »

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 12:42:43 PM »
Maglynn returns to the group, "It would appear we have been invited to a small party. Do you think we should attend?"

"As we are already here, I don't see a problem with it."
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 04:57:38 PM »
" I admit some concern to the fact that someone knows we are here to be giving out invitations.  Perhaps a few should attend while others stand ready to aid?"
Placeholder - T'tosc

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 02:09:02 AM »
" I admit some concern to the fact that someone knows we are here to be giving out invitations.  Perhaps a few should attend while others stand ready to aid?"
"I would agree, with one issue only; they probably know our numbers. If only some of us wind up showing up, it might alert them, causing trouble for the group at large. We have to assume they are prepared to deal with all of us... or so they think."

He looks in the direction of Maglynn, though with his mask it's often hard to tell if he's looking at you. "By the way, what party, and who invited us?"

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 12:19:36 PM »
"The inviation was rather vague. I was given a room and told friends would be there."
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 12:26:28 PM »
[spoiler]SC would you mind rewording that conversation for Glim for me? I have no idea what to take from it, If you want to simplify it just say he either confirms or denies that our orders have changed and that will be good enough.[/spoiler]
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

endgamecutter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2010, 12:01:18 AM »
"When you say 'party,' do you mean an actual party or just a group of nobles drinking fine wines making thinly veiled threats at  one another?" Lloyd's face contorts into an exagerrated frown as he talks.
there is roughly a 99% chance that this post is an obscure reference to SOMETHING.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2010, 02:09:51 AM »
"I hope it isn't a group a nobles, I am rather underdressed." Magylnn replied with a huff before cutting herself short, just glaring at Krisrath for a moment before turning towards Lloyd. She then turns to glare at Krisrath awhile longer.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2010, 06:54:58 AM »
"Then I suppose we should go, prepared but not hostile. If anyone wishes to wait behind or outside of things, speak up for it. I intend to settle our most easily alleviated issues as quickly as possible so our greater tasks might be approached unhindered. Let's go, and deal with all things with expedience.

"There are some things to resolve though; where is this room? I may have been hasty in my thought that violence would become an issue, but perhaps the choice of meeting place might narrow down who we might be expecting. In any case, I will gladly guard all alies of mine who chose to go."

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2010, 12:18:40 PM »
Our employer is unavailable. After talking someone over there it seems legit.

As for this party I'm not one for them but we can go and hopefully get some kind of information.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2010, 12:24:26 PM »
"To room three then?" Krisrath cheerfully.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2010, 03:43:47 PM »
Very well then, still don't like it but lead on.  Caution and Etiquette I suppose.  With that Shade follows others as (or when/if) they begin to head to the "party".
Placeholder - T'tosc

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 06:58:32 PM »
Aullara follows along, confident that her usual attire is elegant enough to weather a noble's party. It couldn't possibly be more extravagant than a Fey Court Gala, afterall.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 08:03:46 PM »
His uniform being military in nature, Suzuki moves ahead, not wanting to lead but wanting to not be considered hidden.