Author Topic: Adapting Planar Shepard for Faerun  (Read 1596 times)

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
Adapting Planar Shepard for Faerun
« on: April 18, 2010, 12:49:17 AM »
A friend of mine is going to be going into Planar Shepard and we're playing in Faerun.  Right now I'm trying to adapt it to Faerun without cutting down on the charop potential  and I had two things to ask.  

First, I was wondering if someone had already adapted the fluff for Faerun.  

Secondly, I was wondering what would be a good plane for her to choose as her favored plane.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 12:53:31 AM by LunaticsLament »
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
Re: Adapting Planar Shepard for Faerun
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 11:08:37 AM »
Flavor question? Just replace the names, 99% of the time thats all you need.

Shadow Creature in Ebberron? He worships the darkness (does Ebberron even had deities?) instead of Mask.
Planar Sheppard talks about flying boats and trains? Boats are on water and caravans move on land.

Book-to-the-head answer would be anything with a huge fast time trait but you don't want to wear your DM's arm out. How the negative energy plane so you can spawn countless uncontrolled undead as you walk though town?  :smirk
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Nunkuruji

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 01:15:23 PM »
If you're trying to keep it true to Faerun, the planar choices would probably be what's available on the cosmology map in the FRCS p.257

Outside of the standard SRD planes that connect to Toril, I'm not sure where the rest of the Faerun planes are described with traits. I also don't recall hearing of any with the usually abused time flow changes.

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 03:12:40 PM »
Thank you very much.  I was having a degree of difficulty finding the details on faerunian planes, and this is a great help.  I blame it on finals coming up. lol ;)
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein