Author Topic: Stealthy Intelligence Rogue - which way do I go? which way do I go?  (Read 3305 times)

NiteCyper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Contact me on .NET Messenger Service.
Re: Stealthy Intelligence Rogue - which way do I go? which way do I go?
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 03:55:21 AM »
[spoiler]
Thanks guys! I really love the Chameleon, the more I look at it.

The aim is to, pound-for-pound, be the best professional thief in the game world, and to be a melee bad-ass at the same time. That's what I'm shooting for. I'm pretty much accomplishing this through high skills and the Int synergy of my class and feat choices. What's really missing is some magic to enhance utility, mobility, and my existing ability.

I'll stick with what I have with the addition of the Able Learner feat and the Faerie Mysteries Initiate feat. I'll go directly into Chameleon next level. For the time being, I'll lose Shadow Blade. I'll intersperse levels of Warblade and Swordsage as needed, as soon as I read up on ToB. If it doesn't tickle my fancy, I may just stick with Chameleon.

I'll eventually take Academic Priest, Kung Fu Genius and get a monk's belt. I'll also look at Martial Study, Darkstalker, Quick Reconnoiter, Rapscallion, Insightful Reflexes, and Rapid Metabolism. Anything else I'm missing?

I'll make the most of UMD to use wands, etc. The party sorcerer has a bunch that he never uses - I'll take them off his hands and put them to good use.

I'll try to make the most of the Chameleon's spells. I can think of a few tricks here but I'd still love to hear suggestions on spell choices and combinations.

I'm also interested in hearing suggestions on magic items and equipment (including wands). I'll start to compile some of my own ideas as well.
[/spoiler]

1. http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19861854/Ted_the_heiney_kicking_enabler

2. http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19862526/The_3.5_Breaking_and_Entering_Thread
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19866570/Stealing_stuff._The_Easy_way.

3. re: magic-enhancement: have you ever read of the exploits of Jarlaxle by R.A. Salvatore?
Point: inherent vs. external magic aid.

4. Able Learner is 1st level only too.

5. "Darkstalker, Rapid Metabolism, Quick Reconnoiter, Insightful Reflexes, and Rapscallion" are just neat goodies and I have rearranged them in order of importance. "Insightful Reflexes" is more important if you have low perception check mods, high Int, and a low Reflex save.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 03:59:57 AM by NiteCyper »
Caveat: I edit my posts, ever and anon after.

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
  • My avatar is from the anime "Pani Poni Dash!".
Re: Stealthy Intelligence Rogue - which way do I go? which way do I go?
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 11:37:40 AM »
Might want to take the Daring Outlaw feat from Complete Scoundrel.

Makes your Swashbuckler and Rogue levels stack for the purposes of determining Grace, Swashbuckler Dodge bonus, and Sneak Attack dice. So you'd gain +1 Dodge AC and +1d6 Sneak attack (As if you were a level 6 Rogue for Sneak Attack and a level 6 Swashbuckler for Grace and Dodge AC).
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.