Author Topic: Dungeons: The Dragoning  (Read 2528 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Dungeons: The Dragoning
« on: April 04, 2011, 07:04:47 PM »
Ran into this thread on GitP http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193525

Haven't had a chance to read it yet myself, but anyone else have any thoughts?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
Re: Dungeons: The Dragoning
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 02:40:55 AM »
Still looking over it. Cobbled together from practically every major system in existence...I'm still not sure whether it's insane or brilliant.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 11:27:35 AM »
Pure insanity. The only reason I managed to get some grasp of the rules it's because I knew most of the systems beforehand.

Case in point, it's too damn easy to optimize your attacks to easily crush any defense, at least at first level.

Also the irony that the space marine aasimar race gets the worst racial trait of all.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 01:09:17 AM »
Bumping/Necroing. It's had a few revisions. It's still far from balanced, methinks, but I'd be interested to see what you think. I think that character creation is disturbingly elegant for such a hodgepodge system (not that that means it's particularly elegant overall, but still), and I'm considering trying to get a game going somewhere. Level gain still seems pretty minor to a character's power; looks like it'll take quite a long time of play for a character to be more defined by choices made in play than by choices made before the game ever started. Not sure if that's good or not.

Newest Version Available Here
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.