Author Topic: Iron Heroes  (Read 2908 times)

Akalsaris

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Iron Heroes
« on: April 05, 2010, 01:35:20 AM »
So I might join an Iron Heroes game soon at 1st level, and I'm interested in feedback from people who have played through it before.  Just from looking at it, it seems that one of the things that I should focus on is being able to do a stunt of some kind every round. 

I'm interested mostly in what people consider to be the most original or interesting non-magical class.  Originally I was going to try a myrmidon from the player's companion, but this specific game will be during the Dark Ages with limited metal armor, so heavy armor proficiency and tower shield proficiency will probably go to waste.  That said, I'm looking for an interesting, high damage class that uses the points system.  Any ideas or suggestions for fun class combos or feat chains to consider?

Etarran

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Iron Heroes
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 04:37:32 AM »
I have played in a couple Iron Heroes games, though both as an arcanist (I ended up having to use the old character for the second due to time constraints), so I am not terribly experienced at building the other classes.

From what I have seen, the system is pretty self-explanatory; much more so than 3.5, the classes tend to do exactly what you expect them to do. The downside is that the classes all seem to perform pretty similarly - a bit of 4th edition syndrome going on.

I guess what I'm saying is pick the class with the coolest name, because they are all pretty cool, and it won't make too much difference. I am a great help, to be sure.

Akalsaris

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 04:55:27 AM »
Heh...thanks.  I ended up going with the Weapon Master and following a Sunder-based feat line.  I figure with humanoid opponents and no magical loot Sunder should get some use, though I have to ask myself why sunder the object rather than just hit the guy with my axe for 3d6+6 :P 

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 12:12:18 PM »
Heh...thanks.  I ended up going with the Weapon Master and following a Sunder-based feat line.  I figure with humanoid opponents and no magical loot Sunder should get some use, though I have to ask myself why sunder the object rather than just hit the guy with my axe for 3d6+6 :P 
if he is hitting you too much harder than you are hitting him, then sundering may very well be the only alternative to retreating (or dying).

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.