Author Topic: The Diamond Heart PrC: Melding Psionics and Martial Maneuvers. Whatchya think?  (Read 12848 times)

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
So which mantle is syncronicity in? Hustle (Or Dimention Hop) are in Freedom. I know that substitute powers could add it to a mantle but i try not to use DM fiat in my arguments.
In the "Expanded Knowledge" Mantle. :p
It cant be in your dominant Ideal if you have it from expanded knowledge.

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
The last one is extremely abusive with linked power....

Hmm, granted, didn't think about that, It was more for allowing any counters to function, as well as some of the defensive powers, just edit it to only grant actions usable for counters and the problem is fixed.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
That or limit it to once a turn.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
I will be playing this class more than likely in my next game, starting at level 10.  Build will be Erudite 4/Warblade 1/Diamond Heart 5, going for all 15 levels.  I foresee Time Stands Still + every spell and power + IHS for AMF immunity being a thing of pure beauty, and effective ML 20 (25 with a tattoo, overchannel and class ability without gear), BAB 18, IL 18 is pure sexy.  Looks like saves will be 13/6/9, but with all the save boosters, that's almost a moot point.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
The last 5 levels still need work.  Will update this soon.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Shinzen

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Really cool class. The Posture of Redirection is nuts however, and there needs to at least be a roll for it. Even 17th level casters can't be auto-immune to every targeted anything at any range beyond melee for free, automatically, forever. You are giving in one non-epic level three epic feats!

Also, you should probably make the first level ability apply to only one attack and not a full round. Otherwise you get this:

Lv 20:

Spend 21 pp, Time Stands Still, Dual wielding 16+ BaB speed weapons or haste: 10 (W) + 110d10 damage.

Or even lower, Level 15,  Raging Mongoose + Full attack, 9 attacks, 9(W) + 81d10. This is all from a single ability you get at level 1.

Everything else is fine.

I would suggest for Redirection:

Posture of Redirection (Ex): A Diamond Heart of at least 12th level gains the Posture of Redirection.  In terms of prerequisites and dependent effects like the feat Ironheart Aura, this stance counts as being a level 9 stance from both the Diamond Mind and Iron Heart disciplines.

To gain the abilities of Posture of Redirection, you must be in the stance, be psionically focused, and not be flat-footed:

-You may deflect any ranged attack or ranged touch attack that targets you and would normally hit you, such as arrows, boulders, houses, party members, rays, or spitballs.  Make an attack roll with your currently held weapon at your highest attack bonus opposed by the incoming attack, with a -10 penalty if the attack was a touch attack. Success results in the attack being deflected. The deflected object or creature does not hit nor harm you, but falls to the ground prone in your space or in any adjacent space of your choice that will hold it.  Deflecting things this way is a free action that can be done even when it isn't your turn, and there is no limit to the number of times per round you can deflect creatures or objects.

Remember, you can only deflect things that require an accuracy roll and that target you.  You can't deflect the planet just because it's there.

-Instead of deflecting a ranged attack that targets you, you may attempt to reflect it.  Make the same roll as to merely deflect the attack, but take a penalty equal to 1/2 your Base Attack Bonus (Including Epic Base Attack Bonus if any). The -10 penalty still applies for ranged touch attacks. If your reflection roll is successful, you send it back to the origin with the same attack roll result that was used to target you.  Thus, you can reflect a giant's boulder back at it using the giant's accuracy result, or reflect a disintegrate to its caster.

-Finally, any non-melee effect (such as a spell or power) that targets you but does not require an accuracy roll (like slow or energy missile) is reflected as if you had reddopsi active.  Your manifester level for this effect is equal to your BAB.

Still very powerful, but less "three epic feats in one ability that never turns off." Now it's more like a very advanced Wall of Blades. And attack bonus is far too easy to optimize to not have those negatives in there. With the BaB in the reflection one it scales as well.