Author Topic: Looking for Wild West amd Steapunk  (Read 4763 times)

GrandLlamaQ

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Looking for Wild West amd Steapunk
« on: April 01, 2010, 07:32:18 AM »
I'll be brief.
Running a Wild West/Steampunk game in D&D3.5, and I'm having trouble finding a map of a locomotive. Between me and all the other players, we have a ton of books and settings, but no one can remember offhand any that could work for this (and since I'm the DM, I don't want to give away the rousing battle on top of a speeding locomotive). Could someone point me in the right direction? Either a link to a website or a book that I can go dig out? I'm looking for both Wild West/Steampunk maps, and any extra setting details that might be useful.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Looking for Wild West amd Steapunk
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 07:58:48 AM »
Try looking around in Eberron supplements. Eberron has the lightning rail, which is basically a train powered by an elemental instead of coals or electricity. That said, I know there's a full map of a lightning rail in a 4e Dragon mag, I just need to find it. It has only the inner rooms IIRC, though, not the top. It also looks a bit different from a good old steam locomotive, obviously.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

GrandLlamaQ

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 07:59:44 AM »
Thanks. It's a start, and it's way more than I had so far.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 08:14:25 AM »
Found what I was looking for. It's basically a plan view of a whole lightning rail train, but just the insides of the carts.

Big picture in spoiler:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The Ghost Cart is basically an extra cart that appears or disappears at random, sometimes with people in it. The others seem self-explanatory.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

GrandLlamaQ

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 08:17:18 AM »
That is incredibly valuable to me, you have my sincere thanks.