Author Topic: Interesting Template  (Read 2964 times)

Pyro_Azer

• Monkey bussiness
  • Epic Jester
Interesting Template
« on: March 28, 2010, 03:07:43 PM »
I don't know if this has neen pointed out before, but one of my friends pointed out that on crystalkeep there is a template called firesouled. At +1 la it gives you leadership, +4 charisma, and other minor abilities.

Now, is it just me or does the ability to have leadership at level 2 seem a little bit borked? Is there some sort of mistake here?
Rules of life:  1: Everything Burns   2: If something does not burn see rule #1.

Arcane-surge

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: Interesting Template
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 03:12:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's a misprint at Crystalkeep. It's actually +3 or so in the actual mag.
This space intentionally left blank.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 03:32:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's a misprint at Crystalkeep. It's actually +3 or so in the actual mag.
This is correct. Nearly all of its abilities besides the bonus feat and the ability bonus are also actually keyed off of racial HD, rather than any HD, making them next to useless for PCs.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Widow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 09:49:41 PM »
I was also very excited when I orginally saw this template.  Especially the immune to daze part, it seemed like a good combo to go with greater celerity for double actions every round.  Curse crystal keep and their misprints  :(

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 09:56:42 PM »
Yeah, the immunity to dazing is probably the nicest part about the whole thing (aside from Leadership, I guess) because it's relatively hard to get outside of some very specific combos (Mark of the Dauntless is the easiest way that comes to mind, but it's setting-specific).
Would the thing be balanced as a +2 LA if the abilities keyed off of the creature's total HD and Leadership was eliminated?
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 09:59:59 PM »
tangent @ Agita, Favor of Ilamter, a Paladin spell, will give immunity to daze. Prestige Pally and Archvist can pick it up easy.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 10:06:37 AM »
tangent @ Agita, Favor of Ilamter, a Paladin spell, will give immunity to daze. Prestige Pally and Archvist can pick it up easy.
It's called Favour of the Martyr, now, in SpC. Well, it's a 4th level Pally spell, which means it's good for Archivists :). And for putting on items.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 04:11:27 PM »
It's called Favour of the Martyr, now, in SpC. Well, it's a 4th level Pally spell, which means it's good for Archivists :). And for putting on items.

and recasters.
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

Widow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 04:20:56 PM »
There are feats too that let you get a save verse daze the following round, plus healing lorecall with a cure spell can remove daze.  But the template would be okay if it was really a +1 LA for a sorceror or someone without divine spell access.