Author Topic: Spell Enhancer and Concentration  (Read 1441 times)

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Spell Enhancer and Concentration
« on: March 27, 2010, 08:25:40 PM »
1: The Sor/Wiz4 spell Spell Enhancer (Spell Compendium 198) is a swift action to cast and gives a bonus to the next spell cast within a round.  Does this affect spells with longer than 1 round cast times, such as summon monster or arcane eye?

2: If I make a continually-active item of a spell with a duration of Concentration like silent image, does this item auto-concentrate for me?
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

DavidWL

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Spell Enhancer and Concentration
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 11:27:04 PM »
1: The Sor/Wiz4 spell Spell Enhancer (Spell Compendium 198) is a swift action to cast and gives a bonus to the next spell cast within a round.  Does this affect spells with longer than 1 round cast times, such as summon monster or arcane eye?

I'd say no, it has to be cast in the same round as the round of the spell you want to effect will be active.

That said, if spell B will take 3 rounds, then I think you should be able to cast spell enhancer in the 3rd round.

2: If I make a continually-active item of a spell with a duration of Concentration like silent image, does this item auto-concentrate for me?

Very interesting and good question.  I leave this to others.

Best,
David
Some Cool Quotes:  [spoiler]
Quote from: unknown
Non-PC activities like out of combat healing should be left to wands and NPCs. It's not fun to play a walking wand of CLW. Likewise, being a combat wall is not a viable PC role. A Wall of Force could do that.

-Sort of, but you left out the important note that a Wall of Force does it better.

Quote from: Runestar / skydragonknight
The most powerful character is the one that you actually get to play.

Quote from: Operation Shoestring
I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/spoiler]
DavidWL's Random Build Archive

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
Re: Spell Enhancer and Concentration
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 11:38:34 PM »
No. To lazy to find precedence for this but I know it exists. I'll look for it later.

There are items that auto-concentrate, but these have had ad hoc price increases.