Author Topic: Looking for this prestige class....  (Read 1224 times)

shalandar

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Looking for this prestige class....
« on: March 25, 2010, 02:52:15 PM »
It isn't from and official books, that would be too easy  :P

I read in a 3rd party book, a class I thought was called The Logicer, but I've been unable to find it since I read it that one time (I swear I did not dream this up).

In effect, anything that wasn't part of the natural world and couldn't be found or built by normal hands, he would disbelieve it.  His disbelief would actually be an ATTACK against the "monster".

Example:  So, we enter a chamber with a beholder.  Beholders are Aberrations, and not naturally occurring.  The Logicer would spout out how a creature could not fly on it's own nor does it have the proper space for a digestive track....if he succeeded in his "attack" then the creature would take damage.  In the following round, he could follow it up by saying that even if he had a digestive track, he sees no means for expelling waste materials from it's body.  Another attack would ensue.

I think you get the point, and I would absolutely love to find this prestige class again.  Could anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance,
Shalandar

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
Re: Looking for this prestige class....
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 02:54:40 PM »

I read in a 3rd party book, a class I thought was called The Logicer, but I've been unable to find it since I read it that one time (I swear I did not dream this up).

In effect, anything that wasn't part of the natural world and couldn't be found or built by normal hands, he would disbelieve it.  His disbelief would actually be an ATTACK against the "monster".

Example:  So, we enter a chamber with a beholder.  Beholders are Aberrations, and not naturally occurring.  The Logicer would spout out how a creature could not fly on it's own nor does it have the proper space for a digestive track....if he succeeded in his "attack" then the creature would take damage.  In the following round, he could follow it up by saying that even if he had a digestive track, he sees no means for expelling waste materials from it's body.  Another attack would ensue.

I think you get the point, and I would absolutely love to find this prestige class again.  Could anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance,
Shalandar

does that mean that if I show the logicer the beholder schema from lords of madness his head explodes?
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
Re: Looking for this prestige class....
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 03:17:45 PM »

Thanks in advance,
Shalandar

does that mean that if I show the logicer the beholder schema from lords of madness his head explodes?

no. rather, we get an in-game reason for beholder mage ban.
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china