Author Topic: Day One: Arrival  (Read 13429 times)

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Day One: Arrival
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2008, 09:08:34 AM »
Shaedof hands every party member their share of the gold (except the 250 coupon) as they make their appearance in the dining area
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 06:58:00 AM by Ieniemienie »
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

mace_of_sauron

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Of old he was an elven king...
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2008, 02:46:28 PM »
Over breakfast Vellanor shares the conversation he heard the night before.
Vellanor [spoiler]You hear nothing regarding a hole in the ground or any dwarven artifacts, but you do hear a slight mention of disarray in the town hall. Something about the son of the mayor getting away with something he did.[/spoiler]

I suggest we find more on this matter. If the people are unhappy with the government then we can benefit. Perhaps after he have gained more prominance in this society we can lead a rebel uprising. Ruling a city would be far more rewarding than dungeon crawling for ancient relics. Espionage is not my strong point, but I would like to know more about this affair. If someone with more charisma than myself were to investigate the matter, I'm sure we could at least gain a basic understanding.

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2008, 09:23:37 AM »
Hrmm... Who is it here that is skilled in that way? These... things will cower before my blade, covered in their blood as it will be, but the dead speak no tales.
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2008, 12:30:26 PM »

Stammering mildly still, "If we truly wish to do su-ssu-such things ,,,, we require the services a bard or barrister. And ... why would we ...wish to? The power of the past will not be ea -earned by us governing a squabbling city."
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2008, 06:33:13 PM »
Roy rolls out of bed, his eyes squeezed shut against the sunlight coming through his window. He reads the note on his floor and rushes downstairs, arriving in time to hear Vallanor's suggestion.
"I agree with Vargon," Roy chimes in, "Civil unrest is hardly anything new and exciting, and no mayor's son in history has ever been punished for any but the most heinous of crimes. If we attempted to start a rebellion over this petty matter, we'd soon find ourselves run out of town without any relics at all, those of us who didn't end up with our heads decorating pikes, that is. And I'd like my cut of the advance now, if you please."

[spoiler]OoC: What is everyone's share? I count six character sheets, so 50/6=8.3(repeating) and 250/6=41.6(repeating), so we should get 50 gp each all told, correct?[/spoiler]
Currently playing:
Forte Lulz, Chaotic EVIL Bard bent on world domination;
Canere Potentia, to sing of power.
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
Randall Gray, she's not sexually confused, honest!
Zion "I can make followers, but why bother when people line up for me?"
Currently DMing: Real Men Use Their Hands, World's Largest Dungeon
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2008, 06:43:28 PM »
[spoiler]7 characters. 2 historians, 1 of each other class.[/spoiler]

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2008, 06:59:51 AM »
After everyone has reported themselves to the dining area and finished eating, Shaedof says:
Let's all go, because haste is required. I do not wish to let the Dwarf wait, for the relics will not be hidden forever. If we do not act now, it might be too late for I don't think we are the only ones being send after them

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2008, 08:52:10 AM »
I, for one, would like to see the last of that dwarfling, and be gone into a place where he does not follow.

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2008, 04:44:50 PM »
Roy nods his agreement, "I, too, would like to find these artifacts quickly. But I think we need to agree that any treasure we find in this hole is to be split amongst us as evenly as possible. Not counting anything we're forced to give Zren." For most groups this would be assumed, but for this one I need to hear it...
Currently playing:
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

AlisAtAn

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2008, 03:04:04 PM »
With ruling comes responsibility. And assassins. Lets not forget about those. Personally I would rather just take what I need from this place and move on.

After hearing Roy speak about sharing evenly Attila chokes hard on his mead, but manages to choke out Share? Evenly? With YOU?! Where I come from we respect those bigger and stronger. About time someone beat it into you too. Know your place boy!
Odin, Feral Shifter Feral Shifter. "Can I drown the dead rat now?"
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2008, 06:41:11 PM »
Roy sets his hand on his Tigerskull club, If ye wanna try to teach me something, I would be glad to teach ye a lesson in return. Me'thinks the Haugar barbarians would provide a very interesting lesson.[/color

[spoiler]Initiative (1d20 2=8)[/spoiler]
Currently playing:

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2008, 07:00:42 PM »
Chrefydd slams his axe on the table between the two of them. There will be nothing of that sort here. Rounding on Attila. You will keep a tongue in your head that keeps you out of fights you cannot win. We are here to get this artefact, not for petty bitching. I will not have you disrupt that.

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2008, 05:31:23 AM »

Vorgon rumbles in a deep bass, "Quiet!" "Eyes may be watching us even now. Backstab one another once the artifact is in our hands. Till then we are equals".

He stands and makes for the door, "I'm going to find the dwarf, who comes with me?"
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2008, 07:14:48 AM »
Aye, lets go find this pathetic dwarf so we may rob the artifacts and get enormously rich!
With these words Shaedof woalks out the Inn and heads towards the meeting point

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2008, 07:41:41 AM »
Roy strides from the Inn and toward the meeting place.
Currently playing:

mace_of_sauron

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2008, 12:29:37 PM »
Vellanor follows.

Akula

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2008, 08:35:05 PM »
Irina follows without a word, and without a change in expression. On the inside she smiles, however.

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
  • "Wit is educated insolence."
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2008, 01:01:36 PM »
You slowly meander throught the forming crowds and see the dwarf running towards you as fast as his stubby legs will carry him. He is breathing heavily and takes deep breaths between phrases. Come quickly lads!......Thers not much time.......the hole.......its startin to collapse.......come quickly....the artifact........come quickly... You follow him at his speed to the back of the square by the spring. He leads you hurriedly to a small goat path that follows the stream up the looming mountain. He leads you down multiple trails, first he takes a right, then a left, then another right. You finally see this hole he has been talking about. Looking much like a giant wound in the rock, this scar is about six feet tall and maybe three feet wide (2 meters by 3 meters I think) and seems to have a slight pulsing about it. You feel drawn to it, like you never have been drawn to anything before. It emits the need to be entered that you feel you need to fulfill. Go on....get thee artifact.....bring it back.....quickly, before....it closes.... Then you see what the dwarf means. The hole itself is inching closed, like it is alive itself.
My choice place for buying Magic: the Gathering Singles: adventuresOn.com

Currently DMing a Solo PbP, Check it out here

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2008, 01:59:40 PM »
Chrefydd grins, a smile that is all teeth. Life shall be interesting! Go! He charges into the gap, weapon drawn.

mace_of_sauron

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2008, 02:26:11 PM »
Lighting a torch, Vellanor follows Chrefydd into the cavern. His left hand rests ready on the hilt of his rapier. He moves slowly examining the inside of the odd cave to the best the best his his ability in the dim torch light.
[spoiler]search (1d20+1=20) [/spoiler]