Author Topic: Day One: Arrival  (Read 13377 times)

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
  • "Wit is educated insolence."
    • Email
Day One: Arrival
« on: June 17, 2008, 08:03:50 PM »
Back in the days when society was expanding beyond the Green Hills, there was a land that lived in a primitive state. The land suffered from sixth months of cold, then six months of heat. They thrived off of rituals and prayers, war and destruction. But there was hope yet for this place, and technology and vancian magic were introduced as a way to modernize them. A republic was set up; among this new government was a border city, named Winterhaven. Winterhaven was a sacred city once, remaining cold all year long. It had been built into the side of Mt. Gungalug, home of the Winter Breeze. This was the place the people of the Fell Plains, the primitive land, first saw reform and the alternate realities. You have come to this place, seeking a treasure beyond your wildest dreams. All you know is that time itself is controlled by this, and have come here looking for clues. By this you are united, by this you have come together in this place.

You enter the city gates, now made of steel and bolts, and you see things unknown to you. People are rustling along the streets. Men travel along the roads in armor of iron, weapons at their side. A man, no, not a man, but a dwarf, says in your general direction, "Ye look confused, me laddies. Where are ye from, and where are ye going? Becuz methinks that if ye are doing nothing in particlar, there is a place peepl of yer type should head." He is obviously hinting towards your primitive nature and rough armour. "What say ye, me sirs?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 08:38:55 PM by SixthDeclension »
My choice place for buying Magic: the Gathering Singles: adventuresOn.com

Currently DMing a Solo PbP, Check it out here

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
Re: Day One: Arrival
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 12:30:06 AM »
Speak quick, and speak clearly, little thing. I do not like your face, it ill becomes you, and is an eyeblight upon the land.
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 07:41:10 AM »
A booming raspy voice rings out, "Speak gently friend. He cannot help his face and seems eager to impart us something," then as if realising its loudness, stammers in a softer tone, "Unless we commonly accost the children of earth in Winterhaven?" He looks questioningly at his companions as if they would suddenly fall upon the dwarf.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 02:16:08 PM by Straw_Man »
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 08:07:42 AM »
Ah kind sir, please do not be offended by the rudeness in my friend's voice. We would love to get some information on this most interesting city. Maybe you would like to join us in the local tavern for some refreshments?

[spoiler]Rolls diplomacy check if needed (1d20+5=17) [/spoiler]
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 12:58:35 PM »
The dwarf nods in your direction. With a slight touch of anger, like you had hit a nerve, the dwarf spake, My face is not me own fault. I wers attacked by a scorpion as a chil', and the poison got ter me. In a much nicer tone he says, Ther is a place that I know of, but let ye introduce yerselves on ther way.

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 01:56:06 PM »
Well, I am but a humble Kobold from a desert far away. I have come here to gather knowledge and wealth which I can share with my people. I hope the gods will watch over me because I htink this journey will be tough for someone weak like me. I am very fortunate to travel with this party for I am sure they will bring me fortune and protect me from harm.

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 02:00:12 PM »
Chrefydd growls and glares at Shaedof, irritated at his behaviour towards the dwarf. Slamming his greataxe hilt on the ground, he follows behind, muttering about "eyeblights".

mace_of_sauron

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Of old he was an elven king...
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 02:36:53 PM »
Vellanor steps forward from behind his active party members saying swiftly "I am Vellanor. Stop mumbling about how your god has done you wrong, it will do little to help the matter, and lead us to this useful location.

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 03:42:33 PM »
Mildly with a bit of stutter still, "He said scorpion Vellanor, not his god. Come eyeb ... dwarf, my given name is Vargon Hewryl, or the Second Chanced in the old tongue. What be you called and what is your purpose ... are you, what say it ... a greeter?"

« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 02:16:50 PM by Straw_Man »
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 04:27:26 PM »
Roy crosses his arms and peers at the dwarf, scanning him visually for weapons. "They call me Roy Hist, although your people once called me Roy Shieldblade. What is your name, or should we simply call you Dwarf?" As he says this, Roy falls into step behind the rest of the party. His eyes scan the crowd around him, vigilant for threats and new information.

[spoiler]I'm using green for Dwarf, yellow for Common, and teal for Undercommon.[/spoiler]
Currently playing:
Forte Lulz, Chaotic EVIL Bard bent on world domination;
Canere Potentia, to sing of power.
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
Randall Gray, she's not sexually confused, honest!
Zion "I can make followers, but why bother when people line up for me?"
Currently DMing: Real Men Use Their Hands, World's Largest Dungeon
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 05:51:22 PM »

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 07:43:45 PM »
[spoiler]It is all new to you. You see weaponsmiths and armorors down a street, and general people. No one particularly suspicious, but you never know.[/spoiler]

The Dwarf says to Roy, Aye, you are one I can call friend. My name is Zren Stonewall. You may call me this, but the others must call me by my common name, Cal. I will take you to the inn. You may get beds there for the night and we will talk over a nice mug of ale.
With that he turns on his heels and begins to walk down the busy street.

Akula

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 07:54:38 PM »
Irina's jaw untenses. This situation hasn't quite blown up yet. She slips to the back of the group and whispers to the muttering Ceath. Chrefydd, if you kill every eyeblight you see...who's going to help us with our mission? Remember, they fancy themselves "lawful" and "civilized" here; murder in the streets is frowned upon. Take it to the alley. She hides a grimace when that last bit slips out. These people are rubbing off on me.

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 08:18:50 PM »
Chrefydd continues to glare. I am no fool, nor am I an assassin, to stab someone in the back when they turn away. But his face, his warped flesh. By the gods, he is hideous.

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 08:22:36 PM »
As he is still walking away, the dwarf yells back in a corse voice, "Are ye commin'? And I heer ye talkin in that fancy language of yers. I dont like it much. Not very kind of yous."

Akula

• Email
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 08:35:50 PM »
Damn, good ears. I'm sorry sir. We're coming; my name is Irina by the way. Sorry for our friend, he gets...agitated, surrounded as we are by new faces. Irina will then follow the dwarf, clearly hoping nothing else interferes.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 01:26:25 AM by Akula »

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 09:37:51 AM »
Ah the language of the dwarves is something I haven't spoken in for quite some time. Zren, I'd like to join you at the bar for a nice pint of ale if you don't mind.

AlisAtAn

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 02:10:43 PM »
Attila stares at the dwarf, clearly not very impressed with what he sees. By the Lords of Crap, you`re uglier than me! Poor little fuckface. Are you guys sure you can trust someone that ugly? Looks kinda retarded. Chefrydd, how about we find a tavern somewhere without that shit to ruin our meal? I dont want to look at that thing. He makes your work look good. DANG you ugly!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 04:29:13 PM by AlisAtAn »
Odin, Feral Shifter Feral Shifter. "Can I drown the dead rat now?"
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 02:29:54 PM »

Bahamuts Balls, why did Shrenka want me to travel with theses people? Still, a dwarf that speaks Ignan, good ears, just seeming to wait four us and is staying despite having known us for more than drbbleglass ... I wish I was a a Bhukclaw mage now .... wait or were they the cannibals?

As Vargon gets caught up in his usual reverie, he does however aloow his body to slip into the Fettered Way of the Pbyr inconspicously.

[spoiler]Vargon uses the Fettered Strength Era's effect 1 to reduce his strength by 1.[/spoiler]

Akula

• Email
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 05:51:29 PM »
When Attila speaks Irina stops dead in her tracks. She turns to him and, though she smiles, it never touches her eyes, and the next words come through gritted teeth. Attila, insulting the locals won't get us anywhere. This man is being helpful...if odd. Please refrain from making this worse with more insults. She turns and continues on, without waiting for a reply.