Author Topic: Warforged Hulk  (Read 3231 times)

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
Warforged Hulk
« on: June 17, 2008, 07:43:41 PM »
I'm fiddling around with a build that starts with a Warforged Charger (MM3), and I've hit a problem. I can't decide if it's more valuable to go for Fighter 6 for Dungeoncrasher or whether to take all 10 levels of War Hulk instead of 5. My gut tells me to go for Fighter because x3 Str is bigger than +10 Str, but I'm not actually sure if I'll be able to use it often enough for it to be useful (unless I can slam people into the ground). The build as it's looking with the Fighter levels is Construct 4/Fighter 6/Warforged Juggernaut 5/War Hulk 5, with the actual base race being a Mineral Warrior Incarnate Construct Warforged Charger, and the remaining LA bought off.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
Re: Warforged Hulk
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 08:08:30 PM »
If you can get ahold of the artifact warforged component from RoE that gives wings, the fighter is a hands down winner...  How likely do you think that will be?
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 08:13:01 PM »
No clue. Mostly building this out of boredom and sudden inspiration (taking Warforged Juggernaut as a non-construct? Delicious!), and in case my party ever needs a Big Stupid Fighter. Which this is, considering that it is of Large size, is mentally retarded (Int 3 ftw), and has levels in Fighter.

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 08:22:15 PM »
Well if you can get those or at least some other method of flying, maybe even if you can fit in flyby attack, charging from the sky and dungeoncrashing into the ground is generally a great idea. :D
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Cyrocloud

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 08:46:27 PM »
This is kinda a cheazy idea but you could just be a warforged and get a polymorph amy object spell cast on you and save you a few HD

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 01:54:48 AM »
Could be useful, but I actually doubt I'll be able to swing a permanent duration (gotta go from mineral and wood to flesh, which means that it's not the same kingdom). Although somehow I keep Adamantine Body. Oh, well. Makes slightly more sense in light of Mineral Warrior, I guess. Plus dispels are nasty.

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 04:00:23 AM »
Cast PAO twice then. Although that goes with equivalent effects not stacking so...grain o' salt time.
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey