Author Topic: Suggestions for a WS Ranger/MoMF build?  (Read 1371 times)

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Suggestions for a WS Ranger/MoMF build?
« on: March 21, 2010, 07:40:26 AM »
In our upcoming campaign (Iron Kingdoms), one of the players is going to be a WS Ranger/MoMF/Warshaper, or some variation there of. I'm altering the Amulet of Natural Attacks to function like a weapon in relation to enhancements. (GMW works on it, customize it via Eager, Metalline, etc.) Assume that stats are three 14s and three 16s.
The goal is to make something versatile, original, and able to significantly contribute in an encounter, but without resorting to a lot of SNA and SLAs. (I know that the player won't care enough to learn that many abilities. Just a list with possible forms is enough for that one.)
All books and Dragon Magazines are allowed.

Thanks in advance!

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
Re: Suggestions for a WS Ranger/MoMF build?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 07:41:50 AM »
Ghost Savage Progression Pixie Hood that is also a Loredrake Kobold/ dip two levels in Deepwarden, and one in Fist of the Forest.

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 07:42:37 AM »
Ghost Savage Progression Pixie Hood that is also a Loredrake Kobold/ dip two levels in Deepwarden, and one in Fist of the Forest.

:D

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 12:48:37 PM »
What starting level, if it is later on I have a build that blooms a bit later but is overall more powerful and more versatile than the equivalent Ranger based build.
You have to be a Hengeyokai from Oriental Adventures but that is good anyway as they are LA 0 with the 3.5 update in dragon magazine 318. You take the first 4 levels of the build in warblade which gives you nice maneuvers and concentration as a class skill which you will be maxing out. Because you have the shapechanger subtype you qualify to take warshaper at level 5 which you will take for 3 levels. This gets you into shapeshifter (also OA) which gives wildshape 3 times per day with a max HD equal to your character level. You then go into MoMF for 7 levels then finish up warshaper, this leaves 3 levels open at the end of the build for more MoMF or warblade. The net result is Warblade4/ Warshaper 3/ ShapeShifter1/MoMF 7/Warshaper 2/ Warblade or MoMF 3. You also will have the vast majority of your feats free for whatever combat method you prefer. 

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 03:56:13 PM »
Throw in a couple of levels of monk with ascetic hunter, improved unamred strike works nicely with the natural attacks you can get.